PRE-GAME Round 4 - Broncos vs Raiders

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soggy conditions will affect the free wheeling Raiders a lot more than the "grind em out" Broncos. Heavy footing and the humidity that comes along with the moisture will take it's toll on their big pack who are known to run out of puff as it is. I hope it pours.

Agreed, I think the conditions are probably more unkind to their preferred style of play than ours.

Bit of a shame though, could have been a firecracker of a match under dry conditions.

Hopefully still a good game!

I don't see Canberra having any real weaknesses so it won't be easy. They are going to come hard and like all RS coached sides, straight up the guts first. I think they'll earn the right to spin it wide. Even though we've got a good team ,a team of gorillas will wear any side down eventually . It could be another night of heartbreak. Would love to see some shoulders being driven into some thighs and ribcages. With Hunt and Milford pretty much useless when they go high I can see very easy metres for the Raiders. Scarey game

I don't see Canberra having any real weaknesses so it won't be easy. They are going to come hard and like all RS coached sides, straight up the guts first. I think they'll earn the right to spin it wide. Even though we've got a good team ,a team of gorillas will wear any side down eventually . It could be another night of heartbreak. Would love to see some shoulders being driven into some thighs and ribcages. With Hunt and Milford pretty much useless when they go high I can see very easy metres for the Raiders. Scarey game
Canberra have plenty of weaknesses. They rarely go up the guts first and they never earn the right to spread it wide. They always go for a hail mary play, always. Their weakness is making stupid errors. We will be fine. Milford will score a double and Hunt will score 4. I can't wait.

Canberra have plenty of weaknesses. They rarely go up the guts first and they never earn the right to spread it wide. They always go for a hail mary play, always. Their weakness is making stupid errors. We will be fine. Milford will score a double and Hunt will score 4. I can't wait.
lol, now that's the spirit.

Agreed, I think the conditions are probably more unkind to their preferred style of play than ours.

Bit of a shame though, could have been a firecracker of a match under dry conditions.

Hopefully still a good game!
Considering that it's only occasionally showering, I don't see it having an impact other than a slick ball.

Canberra's weakness and it's what cost them against the Storm last year is that they can be frustrated easily.

If we defend like we did last week, we will force them into making silly errors.

will take it's toll on their big pack who are known to run out of puff as it is

Where is this idea coming from? They were know. Last year for being able to finish games very strongly with their starting forwards coming back for strong second stints. If anything, they are similar to the Cowboys in that regard. Where is this running out of puff idea coming from? From just looking at them?

There is a very high chance of us missing a tackle on one of those gorillas near the try line. I can see it being the heartbreaker

Yeah, right. Naturally everything I wrote, you'd take the opposite view even if you didn't believe it !

It's so obvious isn't it now ! How silly of me...RS buys a team of absolute gorillas so that they can use their size to run around teams ! Why didn't I see that ? Of course, giants are renowned for their fancy footwork and lithesome agility , hail mary plays every hit up !

Yeah, right. Naturally everything I wrote, you'd take the opposite view even if you didn't believe it !

It's so obvious isn't it now ! How silly of me...RS buys a team of absolute gorillas so that they can use their size to run around teams ! Why didn't I see that ? Of course, giants are renowned for their fancy footwork and lithesome agility , hail mary plays every hit up !
It's like you're too busy telling people how smart you are to watch games this year. I disagreed with you because you're wrong, not because I want to give you more of a reason to feel like a victim.

It's like you're too busy telling people how smart you are to watch games this year. I disagreed with you because you're wrong, not because I want to give you more of a reason to feel like a victim.
I imagine you have the quote where I tell people how smart I am ? Or are you seeing words again that just don't exist, you poor thing ? Never mind, I guess you can explain why RS bought really really big players if he didn't plan on going up the middle ,yes ? What's your explanation and in the process prove me wrong. Of course, just about everyone else would know.

Just win FFS indeed... I was confident about this game a few days ago but this wet weather has me a bit worried. I was internally sort of predicting (before all this rain) that this would be the game that we'd come out and play some really attacking (confidence building) football - perhaps even blow the Raiders off the park. But doesn't a wet pitch favor the Raiders? They have all the size up front to grind with.

Please no heartbreak tonight. Big games from our benchies is a must. Come arrrn Broncos!

Just win FFS indeed... I was confident about this game a few days ago but this wet weather has me a bit worried. I was internally sort of predicting (before all this rain) that this would be the game that we'd come out and play some really attacking (confidence building) football - perhaps even blow the Raiders off the park. But doesn't a wet pitch favor the Raiders? They have all the size up front to grind with.

Please no heartbreak tonight. Big games from our benchies is a must. Come arrrn Broncos!

Raiders aren't known for their grinding ability.

This weather favours us. Not them.

Raiders aren't known for their grinding ability.

This weather favours us. Not them.
Is the weather bad?? Looks pretty clear now. Broncos should win regardless of the weather conditions imo

Is the weather bad?? Looks pretty clear now. Broncos should win regardless of the weather conditions imo

It's not that bad. It was raining heavily for a bit but it's died down a fair bit and it's just sprinkling.

Apparently there are going to be more showers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• broncos4life
  • porouian
  • Howie
  • Johnny92
  • Gaz
  • broncsgoat
  • FACTHUNT
  • broncoscope
  • BroncosMan
  • YeahNahMate
  • Redfern_1980
  • Redux
  • Hurrijo
  • winslow_wong
  • MrTickyMcG
  • BroncosAlways
  • Dash
  • Financeguy
  • bert_lifts
... and 10 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.