10. Haas
11. Bullemor
12. Oates
13. Carrigan

14. Dearden
15. Lodge
16. Joffa
17. Kennedy

Its horrible but it is the best of a lot of bad options.

I would rather train the future than spend another minute wasting our time with the past. Macca was a tried and tested failure.
I’d go:

1. Niu
2. Farnworth
3. Arthars
4. Boyd
5. Coates
6. Milford
7. Croft
8. Flegler
9. Paix
10. Haas
11. Bullemor
12. Oates
13. Carrigan

14. Dearden
15. Lodge
16. Joffa
17. Kennedy

Its horrible but it is the best of a lot of bad options.
Whats Isaako done wrong to be omitted??

I'm really hoping for the boys to come out strong here and the talent is certainly there, but I'm a little bit bothered by a few things:
1. Players out for injuries and suspension rearranging our spine again and a general lack of consistency in our team.
2. Lodge coming back before he got his fitness up
3. Broncos being used as the Guinea Pigs for the 6-again
4. Broncos copping 4 Thursday night games in a row starting back up again.
5. Lack of media and NRL narrative for the Broncos indicating they will not be winning any cups this year.

I get pretty bummed out seeing the boys lose and appearing to get the raw prawn. I wish Seibs had said something more direct about the first 15 min. of last week's game. We were running hot and playing good football before the lockdown and this break has derailed us. I hope the youth of the team keep their good attitude (Staggs lost it last week) and don't give up.

Send some positive vibes to the boys for me fellas!

Just win ffs!

Paix is gunna play the full 80 if the nominated bench is anything to go by.

Does Paix get injured next because we are displaying Titans level of succession planning...
I don’t have him in my SVRL team, so he’s safer than those that are.

In all seriousness, I think the broncos just need to take a leaf out of the warriors book and try to complete all their sets. I kinda miss Milford the long kicker too.

Any side can win on any day but just have a gut feeling tonight is a perfect storm against the lads. A win will mean the team are genuine contenders, an honourable loss will be a positive. I am in fear of a flogging though unfortunately.

You have to just shake your head at the media sometimes, especially guys like Matty Johns and Kent. Now I'll preface this by saying that out of all the media idiots I have the most time for Matty but obviously the Broncos pissed in his cereal at some stage. The way they completely change there opinion to in a matter of weeks sometimes just to suit their agenda is staggering, it's like they don't realise what they say is recorded.

Take the Matty Johns podcast this week. When we signed Brodie Croft him and Kenty crapped on about how it is a bad signing because we needed a playmaker/game manager and that's not his game. Great runner of the football but now we have 2 running halves and no game manager. Fast forward a few months and with them claiming that the game now suits running halves it apparently shows that Brodie Croft will struggle because he is "a game manager and not a runner of the football, can get them around the park but doesn't have a running game". Leaving aside the bizarre hypocrisy this is the same player that run half the field for our only try off a brilliant dummy for our only try.

I mean, really...

You have to just shake your head at the media sometimes, especially guys like Matty Johns and Kent. Now I'll preface this by saying that out of all the media idiots I have the most time for Matty but obviously the Broncos pissed in his cereal at some stage. The way they completely change there opinion to in a matter of weeks sometimes just to suit their agenda is staggering, it's like they don't realise what they say is recorded.

Take the Matty Johns podcast this week. When we signed Brodie Croft him and Kenty crapped on about how it is a bad signing because we needed a playmaker/game manager and that's not his game. Great runner of the football but now we have 2 running halves and no game manager. Fast forward a few months and with them claiming that the game now suits running halves it apparently shows that Brodie Croft will struggle because he is "a game manager and not a runner of the football, can get them around the park but doesn't have a running game". Leaving aside the bizarre hypocrisy this is the same player that run half the field for our only try off a brilliant dummy for our only try.

I mean, really...
It becomes extremely frustrating watching the NSWRL media crap on with false statements with no recourse or rebuttal... or even an inability as a fan to call them out.

They just say whatever they want and get nods of approval from their counterparts... and then write stories using their own quotes.

Apparently we go from looking very good, being 2 from 2, and now after one game we haven't adapted, we look lost and all this other bullshit rhetoric.... not one mention of any mitigating circumstances (like injuries and suspensions) or that we just couldn't hold onto the ball... nah Broncos look shot and seemed to have no idea how to defend when the ref blew 3 back to back sets.

No fucking shit sherlock... I believe we were also the only team to cop 3 back to back sets.

No mention of parra being offside literally all night... "parra just adapted to the new rules better" ... so to adapt you must cheat, cool good to know. Seems like a great professionally run league where you are applauding teams that cheat and effectively highlighting that the only way to win is to cheat. No wonder there is a salary cap rort every few years.

Last edited:
Let's go boys. We may be down 5-6 starters but I'm never gonna stop believing!

How many team lists do you do on average every week? I’m betting at least 6.
I'm seeing a correlation with injuries and suspensions.

I mean, really...
Shaking your head at them is putting it nicely. I'd rather eat glass than listen to Paul Kent. There's been times that I have wondered if Fox League producers ask him to play the villain who everyone hates or if he is genuinely an all round piece of shit. I'm well and truly leaning towards the latter.

Great story about Nui in the Courier Mail today. High School coach and Kurt Richards say he is extremely dedicated and one of the best trainers they have seen. We all know how much importance Seibold puts on training too so he loves him. Nui trained every day during the COVID-19 break. In a previous year, he did 360 extra training sessions on top of his club required training. He was training so hard and doing so many extras that the coaching staff had to demand he calms down and limits his extras.

It's great to hear about such a young kid with this kind of work ethic and determination. "Tesi wants it badly" "He has all the skills but just has a focus beyond most players"

Also, Milford has played a massive role in his development. Milford is Nui's hero and the broncos asked Milf to take him under his wing and mentor him. Milf used to go watch most of Nui's games and then call him during the week and give him some advice. He is very popular amongst the team due to his attitude and work ethic and we saw the same with his time in the Tonga team.

Watching him come up the last 2 years, I am really excited about this kid and I think he will be our next long-term fullback, or maybe centre (I do prefer him at fullback) and I think he will be one of our best players in years to come.

Great story about Nui in the Courier Mail today. High School coach and Kurt Richards say he is extremely dedicated and one of the best trainers they have seen. We all know how much importance Seibold puts on training too so he loves him. Nui trained every day during the COVID-19 break. In a previous year, he did 360 extra training sessions on top of his club required training. He was training so hard and doing so many extras that the coaching staff had to demand he calms down and limits his extras.

It's great to hear about such a young kid with this kind of work ethic and determination. "Tesi wants it badly" "He has all the skills but just has a focus beyond most players"

Also, Milford has played a massive role in his development. Milford is Nui's hero and the broncos asked Milf to take him under his wing and mentor him. Milf used to go watch most of Nui's games and then call him during the week and give him some advice. He is very popular amongst the team due to his attitude and work ethic and we saw the same with his time in the Tonga team.

Watching him come up the last 2 years, I am really excited about this kid and I think he will be our next long-term fullback, or maybe centre (I do prefer him at fullback) and I think he will be one of our best players in years to come.
I can't see us pinching any of the current star fullbacks from their teams so hopefully he quickly develops into that star fullback we desperately need. Then convince Harry Grant to move back north of the border and we will be looking the goods.

He escaped my memory, poor guy.
Do you really support the Broncos.... How could you forget a starting player..... Seems there are a fair few people on here that act like they're the biggest fans... Yet the evidence points the other way... Are you one of them?....

Do you really support the Broncos.... How could you forget a starting player..... Seems there are a fair few people on here that act like they're the biggest fans... Yet the evidence points the other way... Are you one of them?....

Sure am, you found me out. I actually can't stand the team. In fact, the only reason I come on here and post so much is because I absolutely hate the team. In fact, I hate them so much I have to pretend to like them. I just wish more people like you could see through my facade.

You sir, are an intellectual of the highest calibre to see straight through me!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Fitzy
  • NSW stables
  • Totally Unr3al
  • Old Mate
  • BruiserMk1
  • bb_gun
  • Sproj
  • Big Del
  • Robboi_321
  • Mr Fourex
  • Allo
  • Kev_Guz
  • sooticus
  • phoenix
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.