PRE-GAME Round 4 - Broncos vs Roosters

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rothfield is saying he’s been ruled out.

Rothfield is saying he’s been ruled out.
BBWLJde.img

Surely he plays, Croft was the same last week, wasn't allowed in the ground until his temp was down.
I hope so, because I really don't see how you can justify letting a game go ahead if even one player is suspect.

Fair enough to only rule him out if he tests negative, obviously.

Last edited:
I’m still scared of cordner hitting our edges. Hope Croft is protected.

Damn it for Teddy for my SVRL :( Otherwise, fucking woohoo!!

But still....buckle up lads, it's going to be a rough night. If we're within 12 points at FT I'll be happy.

So if Tedesco has it (hypothetically), what does this mean for the comp?
Roosters withdrawn from the comp, awarded third premiership in a row regardless.

Slater 2020 CC Medal.

Last edited:
He didn't get on the plane apparently. He's definitely out.
This is extremely poor media relations. We need to know he's been tested negative. A suspected outbreak should put the entire team in quarantine. This is how the biosecurity of an extremely infectious disease works. If he's so sick he's already developed a fever, he's highly unlikely to be the only player infected, whether they have symptoms or not.

This is extremely poor media relations. We need to know he's been tested negative. A suspected outbreak should put the entire team in quarantine. This is how the biosecurity of an extremely infectious disease works. If he's so sick he's already developed a fever, he's highly unlikely to be the only player infected, whether they have symptoms or not.
It will be interesting if they get to the ground and another 2 or 3 or more have developed fevers as well.

He didn't get on the plane apparently. He's definitely out.
That's what I was thinking... it's ok to leave till game time when you're at home, but you can't put someone that may be suspect on a plane... so they would've had to make a call before taking off

Last edited:
It will be interesting if they get to the ground and another 2 or 3 or more have developed fevers as well.
Certainly raises a lot of questions: for starters, if it's a flu or cold, how did he catch it given the strict quarantine the entire team has been under? As for the fever, that's only one of the possible symptoms.

Most of the people I know who've had Covid, never got a fever, but did eventually develop other symptoms, and they managed to spread it to others before those symptoms manifested.

One of the most common symptoms is serious lack of energy. Any player with that would get picked up quicksmart.

I doubt he has it, but we need to know he doesn't before the game starts. I don't want any Broncos player exposed to risk.
[automerge]1591254702[/automerge]
That's what I was thinking... it's ok to leave till game time when you're at home, but you can't put someone that may be suspect on a plane... so they would've had to make a call before taking off
It's very hard to put forward a case that one suspect player doesn't make the entire team suspect. I'd like to see anyone try.

Last edited:
The three things I want to watch tonight, Paix, Niu and the three in defence.

Paix is fast when he reacts, especially to the left hand side, but he has to react and the defence side for him is going to be hard as he gets tired. Even if it isn't the right option he has to be confident and just make it because when he hesitates and thinks too much like last season he struggles. Richards has spent a lot of time with him this week and will be calming. Massive ask though.

Niu I still maintain is a centre or nothing but clearly that's not happening so off the bench becomes interesting. If they use him as a weapon it could become interesting, he's very strong and fast. Right hand side is his strong side, but he can come over to the left with a pass but just run don't pass. Origin 18's last year is his late game blue print for involvement.

The three in defence last week was terrible, if Croft and Milford don't get it right then Cordner and Keary are going to run wild. Markers last week weren't great either and fullback positioning inside the attacking area.

@1910 What makes you think he is a center of nothing? I have watched him play a few games at fullback and he looked great.

Your forgetting it’s the roosters.
Different rules for them.
Not a big deal to test him and have results back by now. The Broncos have a right to know before they set foot on the park.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• The Don
  • Totally Unr3al
  • Battler
  • Fitzy
  • NSW stables
  • Old Mate
  • BruiserMk1
  • bb_gun
  • Sproj
  • Big Del
  • Robboi_321
  • Mr Fourex
  • Allo
  • Kev_Guz
  • sooticus
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.