Kickoff In:

Thursday
Morning
10:00

Team Lists

Status
Not open for further replies.
Where does he usually play?

At Redcliffe, he plays lock. They tried him in the back row at the start of last year and he was very ordinary.

As it stands with our current squad, and with no new signings and hopefully Staggs to play, this is what i would go with.

1 Issako/ Niu
2 Coates/ Issako
3 Arthars
4 Boyd
5 Farnworth
6 Milford
7 Croft
8 Lodge
9 Turpin
10 Haas
11 Oates
12 Staggs
13 Carrigan

14 Paix
15 Flegler
16 Joffa
17 Bullemor

Paix has to be on the bench. Turpin needs to have a break, and Paix is pretty much our only real option there to give Turpin some relief. Staggs and Oates into the back row are no brainers for me. Both have played plenty of footy in the back row and with our stocks so low there i think they are the best options we have right now. The only other change i had in mind was Niu in at fullback instead of bringing Coates onto the wing. Not that i think Issako has been poor, just wonder for this game if it might not be a better fit.

Last edited:
Things I want to see next week:

1. Forwards running wider from the ruck in pairs, no starting at the A defender then trying to run around the rushing defence ffs

2. Turpin getting out and engaging the markers creating space for the forwards

3. Line speed and Aggression in defence

This is local club footy standard shit and we couldn’t even do that last night

All of that means nothing if you can't hold on to a ball. Everyone who dropped it last night should be carrying a football everywhere they go this week. They drop it or put it down once, they pay a fine.

Isn't Bullemor more of a middle forward?

Since there are no restrictions on our development players, what about giving Jordan Riki a go?

At Redcliffe, he plays lock. They tried him in the back row at the start of last year and he was very ordinary.

As it stands with our current squad, and with no new signings and hopefully Staggs to play, this is what i would go with.

1 Issako/ Niu
2 Coates/ Issako
3 Arthars
4 Boyd
5 Farnworth
6 Milford
7 Croft
8 Lodge
9 Turpin
10 Haas
11 Oates
12 Staggs
13 Carrigan

14 Paix
15 Flegler
16 Joffa
17 Bullemor

Paix has to be on the bench. Turpin needs to have a break, and Paix is pretty much our only real option there to give Turpin some relief. Staggs and Oates into the back row are no brainers for me. Both have played plenty of footy in the back row and with our stocks so low there i think they are the best options we have right now. The only other change i had in mind was Niu in at fullback instead of bringing Coates onto the wing. Not that i think Issako has been poor, just wonder for this game if it might not be a better fit.

I think this is probably the best option we have with who we have available.

Personally think the best starting middle we could have is Haas, Flegler and Carrigan, but we need someone on the bench who will add punch when they come on and Flegler probably has to be the guy.

Ideally we would drop Boyd and play Niu in the centres, we know that just isn't going to happen. Maybe Seibold with think about dropping Arthars all together and playing Niu at centre instead?

Isn't Bullemor more of a middle forward?

Since there are no restrictions on our development players, what about giving Jordan Riki a go?

I think Bullemor is capable of becoming a very good back rower, but his best footy last year was coming off the bench in ISC as a middle forward.

I think Bullemor is capable of becoming a very good back rower, but his best footy last year was coming off the bench in ISC as a middle forward.

Have you seen much of Riki play? Is he too raw for first grade yet?

Unfortunately he's rehabbing a knee injury. Don't think it's long term but he is still in the rehab group.

I knew Palasia was, didnt realise Jordan was as well

Unfortunately he's rehabbing a knee injury. Don't think it's long term but he is still in the rehab group.

Thanks man, that sucks. Back row is a real worry for us in the next couple of rounds.

Staggs got grade 2 charge so he will miss this game. Judiciary just loves us don't they

Staggs got grade 2 charge so he will miss this game. Judiciary just loves us don't they
Of course...
Sam Burgess takes Moylan's head off last year grade one
Staggs comes in heavy with first contact on the shoulder grade 2

WARNING: Long post

Hypothetical line-ups if we moved Oates to left back row for the 3-4 weeks that Glenn & Fifita are out:

Round 4 (No Staggs, Glenn, Fifita, TPJ)

1. Isaako
2. Farnworth
3. Niu
4. Boyd
5. Arthars
6. Milford
7. Croft
8. Lodge
9. Turpin
10. Haas
11. Oates
12. Bullemore
13. Carrigan (c)

14. Paix
15. Hopoate
16. Ofahengaue
17. Flegler

Round 5 (No Glenn, Fifita, TPJ)

1. Isaako
2. Farnworth
3. Staggs
4. Boyd
5. Arthars
6. Milford
7. Croft
8. Lodge
9. Turpin
10. Haas
11. Oates
12. Bullemore
13. Carrigan (c)

14. Paix
15. Hopoate
16. Ofahengaue
17. Flegler

Round 6 (No Glenn & Fifita)

1. Isaako
2. Farnworth
3. Staggs
4. Boyd
5. Arthars
6. Milford
7. Croft
8. Lodge
9. Turpin
10. Haas
11. Oates
12. Pangai Jr
13. Carrigan (c)

14. Paix
15. Bullemore
16. Ofahengaue
17. Flegler

Round ? (Once Glenn & Fifita have returned)

1. Isaako
2. Farnworth
3. Staggs
4. Boyd
5. Arthars
6. Milford
7. Croft
8. Lodge
9. Turpin
10. Haas
11. Fifita
12. Pangai Jr
13. Carrigan (c)

14. Glenn (c)
15. Oates
16. Ofahengaue
17. Flegler

Staggs getting 2 weeks for that tackle is an absolute joke. The MRC is so biased.

Hypothetical line-ups if we moved Oates to left back row for the 3-4 weeks that Glenn & Fifita are out:

1. Isaako
2. Farnworth
3. Niu
4. Boyd
5. Arthars
6. Milford
7. Croft
8. Lodge
9. Turpin
10. Haas
11. Oates
12. Bullemore
13. Carrigan (c)

14. Paix
15. Hopoate
16. Ofahengaue
17. Flegler

Round 5 (No Glenn, Fifita, TPJ)

1. Isaako
2. Farnworth
3. Staggs
4. Boyd
5. Arthars
6. Milford
7. Croft
8. Lodge
9. Turpin
10. Haas
11. Oates
12. Bullemore
13. Carrigan (c)

14. Paix
15. Hopoate
16. Ofahengaue
17. Flegler

Round 6 (No Glenn & Fifita)

1. Isaako
2. Farnworth
3. Staggs
4. Boyd
5. Arthars
6. Milford
7. Croft
8. Lodge
9. Turpin
10. Haas
11. Oates
12. Pangai Jr
13. Carrigan (c)

14. Paix
15. Bullemore
16. Ofahengaue
17. Flegler

Round ? (Once Glenn & Fifita have returned)

1. Isaako
2. Farnworth
3. Staggs
4. Boyd
5. Arthars
6. Milford
7. Croft
8. Lodge
9. Turpin
10. Haas
11. Fifita
12. Pangai Jr
13. Carrigan (c)

14. Glenn (c)
15. Oates
16. Ofahengaue
17. Flegler

That last team is exactly I would have it given our squad (other than Nui in for Boyd, but obviously that is not possible). The bench is far more balanced with Glenn there and we have plenty of impact with Oates and Flegler.

1. Isaako
2. Farnworth
3. Niu
4. Boyd
5. Arthars
6. Milford
7. Croft
8. Lodge
9. Turpin
10. Haas
11. Oates
12. Bullemore
13. Carrigan (c)

14. Paix
15. Hopoate
16. Ofahengaue
17. Flegler

Seibold will run Arthars at centre with Herbie on the wing, Coates on the bench, Carrigan second row with Hoppa (unfortunately) with Flegler/Offa at lock

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• simplythebest
  • BroncosAlways
  • Johnny92
  • Broncosarethebest
  • Wolfie
  • bb_gun
  • Broncosgirl
  • john1420
  • Old Mate
  • Xzei
  • HarryAllan7
  • Stix
  • Fitzy
  • mrslong
  • Porthoz
  • Brocko
  • johnny plath
  • Financeguy
... and 4 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.