vs

Kickoff In:

Thursday
Morning
10:00

Team Lists

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's definitely the best time to move Oates to the forward pack. If Te'o signs this week he won't get rushed straight into the team (Seibold won't want to look desperate). We don't really have any options at the moment. Ofa could be moved to lock and we could try use Flegler or Carrigan as a second rower but I can't see it working well. Carrigan would do a job anywhere though.
1 Isaako
2 Farnworth
3 Niu
4 Boyd
5 Arthurs
6 Milford
7 Croft
8 Flegler
9 Turpin
10 Haas
11 Hopoate
12 Bullemore
13 Carrigan

14 Paix
15 Lodge
16 Ofahengaue
17 Oates

18 Kennedy
19 Deaden
20 Coates

WARNING: Long post

Hypothetical line-ups if we moved Oates to left back row for the 3-4 weeks that Glenn & Fifita are out:

Round 4 (No Staggs, Glenn, Fifita, TPJ)

1. Isaako
2. Farnworth
3. Niu
4. Boyd
5. Arthars
6. Milford
7. Croft
8. Lodge
9. Turpin
10. Haas
11. Oates
12. Bullemore
13. Carrigan (c)

14. Paix
15. Hopoate
16. Ofahengaue
17. Flegler

Round 5 (No Glenn, Fifita, TPJ)

1. Isaako
2. Farnworth
3. Staggs
4. Boyd
5. Arthars
6. Milford
7. Croft
8. Lodge
9. Turpin
10. Haas
11. Oates
12. Bullemore
13. Carrigan (c)

14. Paix
15. Hopoate
16. Ofahengaue
17. Flegler

Round 6 (No Glenn & Fifita)

1. Isaako
2. Farnworth
3. Staggs
4. Boyd
5. Arthars
6. Milford
7. Croft
8. Lodge
9. Turpin
10. Haas
11. Oates
12. Pangai Jr
13. Carrigan (c)

14. Paix
15. Bullemore
16. Ofahengaue
17. Flegler

Round ? (Once Glenn & Fifita have returned)

1. Isaako
2. Farnworth
3. Staggs
4. Boyd
5. Arthars
6. Milford
7. Croft
8. Lodge
9. Turpin
10. Haas
11. Fifita
12. Pangai Jr
13. Carrigan (c)

14. Glenn (c)
15. Oates
16. Ofahengaue
17. Flegler
Unfortunately we are forced to have to make these changes next week. Almost hard to believe that Hopoate, Bullemore and Oates will be fighting it out to be starting backrowers. Even though the Roosters were ordinary to start the season, our performance last night hardly fills me with confidence for next week considering our backrow is depleted along with inexperienced outside backs forming new combinations. Looking forward to when the cavalry returns!

.....our performance last night hardly fills me with confidence for next week considering our backrow is depleted along with inexperienced outside backs forming new combinations.

A good start will be not dropping the ball, we might actually give ourselves a chance.

Do you reckon they’ll throw Niu straight into the starting side? I’d like to see it, but I’m sceptical.
Not at all, I’m sure Coates will play centre and Oates will stay on the wing. We will probably play with two forwards on the bench with Paix and Farnworth joining them. Seibold is too regimented to all of a sudden move Oates to the forward pack.

It's time someone senior at the club sends a message through to this group about suspensions.
Next week, we will have 2 of our best players out through suspensions, TPJ and Staggs. Whether you agree with their suspensions or not the fact is they put themselves in the position to be suspended.
Staggs' play last night was downright dumb. It was not needed and he needs to be held accountable for his actions, as does TPJ and whoever else decides to get themselves suspended.
The calibre of players we already have unavailable due to injuries ie Bird and Fifita mean we cannot afford to keep losing players due to brain snaps on field.
It's as simple as that. Its affecting team combinations and cohesion week in, week out.
It's time club financial punishments come in for blokes that decide to get themselves suspended on field. They aren't learning, TPJ is a prime example of this. Massive suspension towards the end of last year, first game back and gets himself out of the game for another 5wks. We massively missed TPJ last night, as we will miss Staggs next week. It's just not acceptable anymore.
It's time these players start being held accountable and answerable to their actions and the team as a whole.
I'm over it tbh as I am sure many supporters would also be.

Do you reckon they’ll throw Niu straight into the starting side? I’d like to see it, but I’m sceptical.

I think Tesi would be exposed pretty badly at center right now in the NRL. A lot of these kids need to get the basics down pat in ISC and Niu just hasnt done that yet. Very few just step up flawlessly. If we put him in it has to be fullback.

I think Tesi would be exposed pretty badly at center right now in the NRL. A lot of these kids need to get the basics down pat in ISC and Niu just hasnt done that yet. Very few just step up flawlessly. If we put him in it has to be fullback.
So will whoever else we put there though

This is what I would do, feel free to fire away, I know it is radical:

1. Isaako
2. Farnworth
3. Arthars
4. Boyd
5. Coates
6. Dearden
7. Croft (c)
8. Lodge
9. Turpin
10. Haas
11. Oates
12. Flegler
13. Carrigan

14. Paix
15. Kennedy
16. Bullemor
17. Teo/Joffa (if Teo isn't signed)

You have to make a statement, you just have to and you start with the blokes who were absolute garbage last night and/or have been for a while. Unfortunately, the backs are extremely thin, otherwise I'd love to punt Boyd but I thought he was ok last night and while I would love to get Niu in there, I actually thought Isaako was one of the few glowing lights.

Normally I love trying to predict a team for next week but honestly, it just makes my head hurt right now thinking about how we're going to sort this mess out. So many gaps to fill and hardly a good option available for any of them.

This is what I would do, feel free to fire away, I know it is radical:

1. Isaako
2. Farnworth
3. Arthars
4. Boyd
5. Coates
6. Dearden
7. Croft (c)
8. Lodge
9. Turpin
10. Haas
11. Oates
12. Flegler
13. Carrigan

14. Paix
15. Kennedy
16. Bullemor
17. Teo/Joffa (if Teo isn't signed)

You have to make a statement, you just have to and you start with the blokes who were absolute garbage last night and/or have been for a while. Unfortunately, the backs are extremely thin, otherwise I'd love to punt Boyd but I thought he was ok last night and while I would love to get Niu in there, I actually thought Isaako was one of the few glowing lights.

I would still get rid of Boyd, he wasn't bad last night, but he absolutely kills that side attack wise and is an absolute negative in terms of attack, I would prefer to see what Nui could do.

I really don't think Flegler is a back rower, so I'd have Ofahengaue or Bullemor because of the lack of other options.

Also I think dropping Milford based off last night is pretty rough. I don't feel there was a lot he could do, but he will need to stand up and play well in the next month, that's for sure.

Stick to the same side.

It was our first game in over two months and we were missing two of our best strike weapons. For ***** sake. Sometimes sides hit the ground running, sometimes they don't.

Paix showed in the trials he isn't ready for first grade. His service out of dummy half for the most part was sloppy. He needs time to develop.

I wouldn’t be getting too excited about Te’o. I was reading somewhere yesterday that the new Australian Rugby domestic competition they announced for next month in lieu of Super Rugby, have approached the Sunwolves to be involved with the 4 Australian based Super Rugby teams plus the Western Force. You would think if they do become involved even if it’s an unlikely, one would think that would mean Te’o would still be obliged contractually to play in that competition unless there is a clause in his contract or if he is able to be released. Either way I’m forgetting about Te’o for now instead of getting my hopes up and will just consider it a bonus if we do pull it off

So will whoever else we put there though

I think Arthars will probably do a decent job there, better than Tesi imo. He is good in attack, but i think Niu's defence would be pretty badly exposed. I think the trouble with our depth is its all young blokes. There isnt much there that have a bit of NRL behind them to fill in.

Last edited:
Staggs has only himself to blame, TPJ has a legitimate claim of bias against the judiciary. He gets penalised for playing hard. Other players do far, far worse and get far, far less.

Don't defend TPJ. He only has himself to blame. Only problem with him is that every trip to the judiciary is harsher the penalty because of his loading. Clean skins miss 1 game at most on his charges.

Stick to the same side.

It was our first game in over two months and we were missing two of our best strike weapons. For ***** sake. Sometimes sides hit the ground running, sometimes they don't.

Paix showed in the trials he isn't ready for first grade. His service out of dummy half for the most part was sloppy. He needs time to develop.

With the pace of the new game, we need a second dummy half. Every 80 minute hooker will struggle this weekend with those new rules.

I really think seibold made a mistake not playing Kennedy last night.
I know he is not well liked on here by many and he is average in a lot of areas, but he is the best we at slowing down play the balls and ruck speed. I don't think he should be a mainstay of the team by any stretch of the imagination, but I do think when we are missing a lot of our strike players we needed to make sure our middle wasn't getting tired. Despite the fact Glenn went of injured and hopoate had a bad game I still think kennedy should have kept his spot ahead of bullemore

Teo sooner rather then later is a must. Problem is even if we sign him say this week, I can't see him being in the 17 for a few weeks. We need some experience, that is ready and rearing now. And no, Macca isn't/wasn't our answer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Broncosarethebest
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Dazza 92
  • bazza
  • RolledOates
  • Locky's Left Boot
  • BroncosAlways
  • Skathen
  • Hoof Hearted
  • Brotherdu
  • KateBroncos1812
  • Foordy
  • Dash
  • Footy Fanatic
  • Lurker
  • Battler
  • GCBRONCO
... and 2 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.