vs

Kickoff In:

Thursday
Morning
10:00

Team Lists

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are we thinking Paix will start in the 9? Or someone like hoppa will start and paix comes off the bench?
Tbh I think I’d rather roll the dice and let pix start and have someone come in for him around that 30min mark
Could it be worth having both Paix and Dearden in the side? Milford or Dearden could go to 9 and help Paix out? Just chucking ideas out there..
We're talking about tearing apart our already very fragile 17 just to cover half an hour at Dummy Half when we have a genuine Dummy Half cover available in the squad (Hetherington) who could slot in and do exactly that job for that amount of time without forcing any other disruption to our 17.

Instead, we've got Tesi Niu riding the pine and waiting until the 55 minute mark just in case one of the Roosters outside backs is looking tired and unable to cope against a fresh opposite number - God knows what exactly would tire them out mind you. Perhaps walking back from one end of the field to the other to await the kickoff every time they score could wear them down eventually.

I could be wrong but Who carries a substitute fullback?

Tactical fullback substitution to follow last week's tactical wing sub. It concerns me that the coach is having these kinds of ideas but I always try to be optimistic when it comes to the Broncs and hope that it all works out somehow.

I'd be making the boys watch the Knights - Panthers game from last week.

I hope this young team goes out there and gives it their all, embrace the underdog status and you just never know.

As a side note - as a fan, it is exciting to be able to finally see some of this 'next generation' of Broncos for the first time. Our premiership window is opening...

Has Siebs asked Lodge what he should do about the hooker issue yet...??

I’m actually really keen to see Bullemor play some decent minutes the dude has some serious speed for a big fella!

We're talking about tearing apart our already very fragile 17 just to cover half an hour at Dummy Half when we have a genuine Dummy Half cover available in the squad (Hetherington) who could slot in and do exactly that job for that amount of time without forcing any other disruption to our 17.

Instead, we've got Tesi Niu riding the pine and waiting until the 55 minute mark just in case one of the Roosters outside backs is looking tired and unable to cope against a fresh opposite number - God knows what exactly would tire them out mind you. Perhaps walking back from one end of the field to the other to await the kickoff every time they score could wear them down eventually.

Hetherington isn't much better he's played three ISC games- two at 6 and one at 13.

I'd be making the boys watch the Knights - Panthers game from last week.

I hope this young team goes out there and gives it their all, embrace the underdog status and you just never know.

As a side note - as a fan, it is exciting to be able to finally see some of this 'next generation' of Broncos for the first time. Our premiership window is opening...

It is a good point.

1. Isaako - seems to be pretty serviceable at the back, not sure he has that high a ceiling
2. Oates - Regressing
3. Staggs - Still quite raw but MASSIVE potential
4. Boyd - Over the hill but also heading out the door
5. Arthars - Filling a role, could be a gun centre
6. Milford - Probably will pull out another season or two in his career where he is pretty good, poor coaching decisions have curtailed what he could have been in my opinion
7. Croft - He looks the goods and still young
8. Flegler - Still raw but MASSIVE potential
9. Turpin - Placeholder or gun? Who knows, not as much upside as a lot of the other kids
10. Haas - Will be the best ever, already basically the second best forward in the game in at a ridiculously young age
11. Fifita - Has all the potential in the world, already doing things other second-rowers could only dream of, another generational talent with Haas
12. TPJ - HUGE potential but who knows if he will get there, still pretty thick between the ears
13. Carrigan - This kid is the complete package already and will only get better, all the wraps Jurbo gets should also apply to this kid. He is Parker v2.0 and has the potential to be even better, a leader to boot!

14. Niu - I really rate this kid, I think he has something special. For some reason getting touted as the next Locky but to me, he is more Milford when he was younger. He will replace Isaako at some point.
15. Joffa - Still young enough to become something but is surplus to requirements at present.
16. Lodge - Great player but not sure I'd be keeping him over other kids if it came down to the choice. Hopefully it doesn't.
17. Glenn - He is necessary for now but will be overtaken and coming to the end of his career anyway.

18. Paix - This kid has so many wraps. Looks like Cronk, he's quick, he's versatile and he has a lot of Berrigan about him. There is a reason he was kept over the likes of T.Boyd.
19. Coates - This kid could be anything. Massive upside but massive flaws at present too. If he can iron out those flaws, he'll be a superstar. If he can't, he'll just be another trivia question.
20. Farnworth - No idea why I forgot him until this position. He should be starting week in, week out already, I reckon he is the most complete backline player at the club currently. He could be a superstar.
21. Bullemor - Another with heaps of potential, he seems quite switched on but might need time to find his feet in first grade.

22. Riki - This kid is very highly touted and for good reason. He can do a lot of things at a young age that others can't. Just needs to stay uninjured long enough to get a run of games in.
23. Dearden - This is one to watch. I am extremely excited by what he brings to the table. He is a very aware at such a young age. Defends very well and seems so calm under pressure. Again, there is a reason why he is the most favoured of all the young halves the Broncs had coming through.

I could be wrong but Who carries a substitute fullback? Isaako is fine there for 80 minutes. We need an impact dummy half.
Beats me, but when Seibold was at Souths, didn't he favour an 80 minute hooker and a 3/4 on the bench? Maybe he's going back to that formula.

First reaction was "oh...that might work..."

Second reaction was that we're already down a centre with Staggs out.

Third reaction hit me like a truck - Darius defending in the middle? NO, thanks!!

Forth reaction... “How do I convince a bank to lend me $50,000 to put on the Roosters to make an easy $12,500?”

Hooker is completely different to the halves. Defending in the middle is a lot different and more challenging. Hookers are one of the most fittest players in the team normally.
He has played hooker also mate and cheers for the tip about hooker and half would never have known

Courier Mail reporting Turpin has a broken leg?

Best way to ease Paix in is for Boyd to Start at hooker for 20 minutes - has a good pass and experience to guide team around

Paix comes on at 20 minutes - Boyd goes to bench or centre depending on how young players are going

young players are the future so this may be the best way to manage next few weeks

Beats me, but when Seibold was at Souths, didn't he favour an 80 minute hooker and a 3/4 on the bench? Maybe he's going back to that formula.

He had an origin level hooker though.

Been copping it at work since the eels game. Hopefully the young boys head out tommorow and rip in. Shut them fuckers up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• simplythebest
  • winslow_wong
  • Footy Fanatic
  • Dash
  • Bronx48
  • broncoscope
  • Jedhead
  • Clintos
  • Foordy
  • Alec
  • Behold
  • Bish
  • Culhwch
  • broncos4life
  • Big Del
  • Broncorob
  • Fitzy
  • Mr Fourex
  • Tim K
  • Harry Sack
... and 12 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.