Round 4 - Broncos vs Roosters

LittleDavey

LittleDavey

NRL Captain
Mar 25, 2013
Without reading anything anyone else has posted in this thread yet, I need to fucking rant.

- The worse obstruction was called a try, and the not-as-bad one was pulled up - wtf?
- Commentators - a single mention that the Broncos are without what, 1/3 of their salary cap, wouldn't go astray. It's all about how fucking good the Roosters are without Tedesco, **** me dead are you serious?
- Boyd; I know you've had a couple of good runs but **** me, you are done.
- Oates; you're phoning it in, champ. Really disappointed. WTF is going on mate, there has to be some off-field shit happening for you...
- Honorable mention to Hoppa for being MUCH better this week; Isaako for being solid at the back; our right side for being better in defence (Croft-Arthurs-Herbie); and the youngest fellas Paix and Bullemore, you've both been very good.
- Lodge; FFS please tone it down, we can't afford another suspension, don't give the NSWRL a chance to do it!!
- Flegler; been really impressed with you of late, but **** me dead your ball security needs some more work...2 in a row???

I don't know what else. We HAVE to finish our sets. Still hate the 6-again, though I think they've generally been warranted so far this game. With a 2/3 strength squad, I don't know if we really could have been playing a whole lot better. We look like we're scared tbh, deer in the headlights. I'm frustrated, but realistically with a full-strength squad we go a LOT closer than this and possibly even win. The Roosters have been good, but not as good as the commentators would like everyone to think. Easy to look good with team stability and 70-odd percent possession. That's the main thing that we have got to turn around if we're going to be any chance in any games this year.

So last week was our worst possession ever (or was it worst possession ever in an NRL game?) and this week it's our biggest ever half-time deficit. We're also possibly fielding the youngest NRL team ever (anyone got stats on that) and certainly it would have to be one of the least experienced.

The worst part though is that our senior players are the ones stinking it up the most...that's what really hurts. Darbs not putting his body on the line for that try. Oates not even trying to get the ball back infield on the break that Bullemore set up beautifully. That same left side being weak as piss in defence. It's simply not good enough, and those guys are fucking lucky we're as short on troops as we are because I'm struggling to see a spot for any of them in a full-strength team atm.

McHunt

McHunt

International Rep
Contributor
Aug 25, 2018
Paix: 30 tackles, 2 missed
The missed tackles column is a bloodbath

winslow_wong

winslow_wong

International Captain
May 27, 2013
No Fifita
No Staggs
No Turpin
No Glenn
No TPJ

Add Teo.

there’s a very good team here but we’ve lost 3 of our best weapons and our best experienced player/captain and we have 0 depth.

But we still have a million dollar half. He should be able to direct the reserves on where to go.

Dee

Dee

QCup Player
Apr 30, 2010
I don't know honestly but anyone would be better than Seibold and his staff at the moment and I'm not even joking!
And sign who? Bellamy would be ideal, but the club won't do whatever it takes to get him so who else is there?

Brocko

Brocko

NRL Captain
Contributor
Feb 23, 2014
The game was over the minute we were instantly penalised and 6 again'd right at the start. Heads all dropped and thinking about last week again. Then for the rest of the game, we drop off the play the ball instantly to not be penalised and a team as good as the Rooster is going to humiliate you. Which they did.

Sproj

Sproj

Immortal
Senior Staff
Sep 6, 2013
90% of the team is poor, maybe more but it doesn't help when three of the worst are your most experienced in Boyd, Milford and Oates.

jarro65

jarro65

State of Origin Rep
Jun 26, 2008
Absolutely no structure, no idea.

You can't put this down to the players, this is a coaching issue no doubt.

Seibs is in real trouble.

Fernando

Fernando

NRL Captain
Jun 6, 2015
this 6 again rule annoys the hell out of me ... the refs can just use it when they feel like it and because it isn't a penalty, no-one cares if their is too many of them or inconsistent use of them (at least until one of the media favorites like the Roosters are on the wrong end of it)

so many times tonight (and last week) i've seen the Roosters and Eels do the same thing to us that they got 6 again calls for and nothing ... hell right at the end of the half, a Roosters player got his hand caught up it the ball, stopping us getting a quicker PTB and no call ...
Yeah consistency in the ruck is a fundamental flaw in the game, doesn’t matter what rules they change it seems like you’ll always have a ref give a penalty for a tackle he has let go a dozen times prior in the match.

winslow_wong

winslow_wong

International Captain
May 27, 2013
I reckon get niu on and tell him to get his hands on the ball. Tell that rookie Milford to get out of the way.

BrentTatesChin

BrentTatesChin

QCup Player
Jul 30, 2016
No Fifita
No Staggs
No Turpin
No Glenn
No TPJ

Add Teo.

there’s a very good team here but we’ve lost 3 of our best weapons and our best experienced player/captain and we have 0 depth.

We had them when we got belted 58-0.

Next excuse

Unbreakable

Unbreakable

International Rep
Contributor
May 21, 2013

B

Brotherdu

NRL Player
Feb 20, 2017
YAY, Milf ran and offloaded.....oh we threw it away..back to reality.

M

Maroon4life

QCup Player
May 28, 2016
Saw 3 tackles in that first set that by the new rules should have been called 6 again.

Sproj

Sproj

Immortal
Senior Staff
Sep 6, 2013
When would it no longer be sacrilege to turn this off? I didn't intend on watching a horror movie tonight.

Unread

Active Now

• BruiserMk1
  • Justwin
  • Skyblues87
  • Santa
  • Johnny92
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Foordy
  • Skathen
  • Manofoneway
  • Big Del
  • Harry Sack
  • Aldo
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.