Errors

Player Stats

# T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT IT Pos DR K KM M E P
# T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT IT Pos DR K KM M E P

Battler

Battler

State of Origin Rep
Dec 4, 2013
I am sick to death of no-one caring that our team gets raped by other teams year in year out. Our bench should have included Wallace & arrow ffs.

Agreed, but you can't blame Bennett and co for not re-signing two green blokes when a desperate club comes calling with a chest full of cash. Tits will finish bottom four w/ those two.

BroncsFan

BroncsFan

International Captain
Contributor
Jul 28, 2016
Bennett letting Taylor leave is his biggest ever blunder. Was shocking judgment from him. Taylor is going to be one of the game's top 3 players.
Compiling the biggest blunder was letting "our halves for the next decade" come off contract at the same time.

And we're doing it again by not locking TPJ down earlier and letting his contract along with many others expire at the end of this year

rnabokov

rnabokov

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
I cannot really agree with your last sentence. If every player played to the best of their ability we would have a team that could match it with all others.

You need well worked team shape, structure, direction and leadership for that to happen, and also, it would help to have the right players in their best positions.

As always, for mine, putting poor performance on the shoulders of individuals missed the main point. This team's performance is fundamentally a product of the way it is coached

Dash

Dash

State of Origin Rep
Contributor
Dec 12, 2014
Compiling the biggest blunder was letting "our halves for the next decade" come off contract at the same time.

And we're doing it again by not locking TPJ down earlier and letting his contract along with many others expire at the end of this year
We let nearly the entire team come off contract at the end of last year. The reasoning was that the cap was going to increase significantly and we wanted to see how much money we would have, but in hindsight it was a dumb move that left us wide open to poaching.

mrslong

mrslong

International Rep
Mar 25, 2008
Agreed, but you can't blame Bennett and co for not re-signing two green blokes when a desperate club comes calling with a chest full of cash. Tits will finish bottom four w/ those two.
I don’t blame Bennett. I hate how the media cries blue murder when we sign a non-junior and they don’t say a word about our team being raped and pillaged at every turn.

KnToad

KnToad

NRL Player
Apr 14, 2013
Our two centres hardly ever get quality ball, our flat plays cramp them up...at this stage.

Every frikin time Boyd gets the ball in a sweep the whole thing breaks down when he stops and props and then gets bundled up and takes a month to play the ball. All momentum gone and any chance of quality ball to the outside backs is up in smoke ... again

KnToad

KnToad

NRL Player
Apr 14, 2013
Said it in a previous game thread, Knik & Milford will be the talking point on every game thread. Their best displays as a halves pairings will be when they both produce individually brilliant performances, they are are bottom 4 teams pairing.

I hope Milford, Bennett & Boyd get absolutely reamed in the media all week, absolutely deserved.

If Bennett sticks with Knik as #7 for much longer he’ll lose a lot of the fanbase.

How about Boyd at 1? We are not going anywhere if he is the key to our attack

Foordy

Foordy

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 4, 2008

If Boyd is the key to our attack ... then that doesn't say much about our halves, one of which should be leading the attack

Cult

Cult

International Rep
Contributor
Oct 17, 2013
If Boyd is the key to our attack ... then that doesn't say much about our halves, one of which should be leading the attack
It says even more when our next best attacking threat is the slowest hooker in the game.

KnToad

KnToad

NRL Player
Apr 14, 2013
If bird is fit enough then get him into full back and opa to take his spot at centre. It's time to make changes before the season is gone. Pearson is an absolute joke. He's worse than maranta. He dead set ran into the back of sims tonight and tackled himself.

I almost wish Boyd’s hammy would go so he has to take a couple of weeks off. I would like to see Bird have a crack at fullback. He is the sort of explosive dynamic player we need to light things up in attack. Not the pedestrian predictable boring easy to coach against rubbish we serve up.
The two tries we scored were both individual brilliance. There was structure in our attack. It was just a trundleathon.
Griffinball is back.

KnToad

KnToad

NRL Player
Apr 14, 2013

The fullback is so many teams is the guy that links the halves to the outside backs. He is the guy that gets the sets off to a great start with attacking returns. He is the guy that backs up in the middle looking for offloads and then tears up the defense.
Think Trjbovic Slater TuivasaSheck
Can you see Boyd bringing this to our team anytime soon? He has another 3 seasons after this one apparently!! Who’s signed that contract ffs

M

Maroon4life

QCup Player
May 28, 2016

See lots of people calling for some rather outlandish changes but I don’t see Boyd being moved aside from him stepping down, asking for Knik to be replaced isn’t that much to ask, he’s a good interchange player but he’s definitely no #7

Foordy

Foordy

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 4, 2008
The fullback is so many teams is the guy that links the halves to the outside backs. He is the guy that gets the sets off to a great start with attacking returns. He is the guy that backs up in the middle looking for offloads and then tears up the defense.
Think Trjbovic Slater TuivasaSheck
Can you see Boyd bringing this to our team anytime soon? He has another 3 seasons after this one apparently!! Who’s signed that contract ffs

I can't think of another top team whose fullback is the key to their attack. none of those fullbacks you mention are the key to their teams attack ...

winslow_wong

winslow_wong

International Captain
May 27, 2013
I almost wish Boyd’s hammy would go so he has to take a couple of weeks off. I would like to see Bird have a crack at fullback. He is the sort of explosive dynamic player we need to light things up in attack. Not the pedestrian predictable boring easy to coach against rubbish we serve up.
The two tries we scored were both individual brilliance. There was structure in our attack. It was just a trundleathon.
Griffinball is back.

I'd be even keen to put Roberts at fullback if bird isn't fit enough yet. Not sure how Roberts goes at ball playing but his kick returns would be electric and could potentially rival that of RTS.

KnToad

KnToad

NRL Player
Apr 14, 2013
I can't think of another top team whose fullback is the key to their attack. none of those fullbacks you mention are the key to their teams attack ...

Maybe “key to our attack” was poorly worded. I think you can get the general gist of what I’m saying though. The fullback is a very important part of the teams attack and is often a game breaker. Playing semantics is avoiding the fact that there is an obvious roadblock in our attacking structure when Boyd keeps stumbling around at the back. I don’t think knicko is the answer at 7 either but at least he can make something out of nothing. Boyd just seems to be making nothing out of something these days. Just to be clear to I am a great fan of Darius but he has reached his use by date looking at his form over the last season and a bit.
He just isn’t offering any spark any more.

Morkel

Morkel

International Captain
Contributor
Jan 25, 2013
This place is a rollercoaster.

We win a game = sign everyone to 20 year deals.
We lose a game = sack everyone including the players, coach, management, and fake our own deaths due to the embarrassment associated with being a Broncos fan.

Unbreakable

Unbreakable

International Rep
Contributor
May 21, 2013
This place is a rollercoaster.

We win a game = sign everyone to 20 year deals.
We lose a game = sack everyone including the players, coach, management, and fake our own deaths due to the embarrassment associated with being a Broncos fan.

That's probably less of a blight on the fans and more of a blight on the players honestly. The only reason it feels like such a rollercoaster is because our team is a rollercoaster. Some weeks we look like world beaters and other weeks we look like a Ricky Stuart coached team.

This place would be FAR less chaotic if we just put in the same amount of effort every week, even if we lost half of our games, all most of us want is consistent footy.

Unread

Active Now

• Bucking Beads
  • marw
  • TwoLeftFeet
  • Volvo Driver
  • Dash
  • RolledOates
  • Jedhead
  • Galah
  • Behold
  • Midean
  • Maroon4life
  • kiwibronco
  • Redfern_1980
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.