Errors

Player Stats

# T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT IT Pos DR K KM M E P
# T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT IT Pos DR K KM M E P

K-Style

K-Style

NRL Player
Jun 1, 2014
Carrigan had his first starting game, lasted until 50 minutes. Came back on with about 10 to go.
He was strong. Played well. Wynnum looked a lot more organised just with Dobson running it and I think Carrigan thrived with having one voice.

Haas came on at 20 minutes and stayed until 60th minute. He put great pressure on Murphy really sacked him a few times and it was impressive for a big man to keep going up like that. He is really doing small things well. I commented on his defence last week and pressure on kickers is another.

Damn. No replay available. I didn't check for a stream as I was watching the Dragons. Caught the last two games live.

Carrigan has played well when he has been on. I was hoping to see how Booth went most of all.

K-Style

K-Style

NRL Player
Jun 1, 2014
Ricky Stuart blames everybody except his team when they lose ... whether is is the refs, the NRL or little green men from outta space, there is always someone else to blame

He didn't this time.

Harry Sack

Harry Sack

International Rep
Forum Staff
Jun 12, 2013
Karmichael Hunt also stopped taking those runs because they were doing damage and were going to shorten his career.

People need to stop expecting those because it's just not going to happen, from anyone we put at fullback.

Boyd needs to improve. But this constant criticism over his "lack" of communication is getting beyond ridiculous. He talks more than anyone out on that field.

No, but one every now and then when the team needs a boost wouldn't fucking hurt.

MrMoore

MrMoore

NRL Player
Jul 27, 2011
Atleast 2 times i seen milford put the ball in the scrum then realize no one picked it up at the back and rushed to get it....thats a wtf moment in itself.....somethings wrong

K-Style

K-Style

NRL Player
Jun 1, 2014
This is the problem with Isaako, he is still very raw. His positioning cost us dearly and Titans took full advantage of it.

They did their homework.

Hopefully he learns from it.

But I'm not going to make a judgement on this side until mid-season. Too early yet.

Good. It wasn't just him that was too far in. Got to give the young guys a decent crack and a bit of leeway. How good is it to have someone who can kick a conversion. A mistake from a junior player is more acceptable than Thaiday coming on and putting the ball down on his first touch.

K-Style

K-Style

NRL Player
Jun 1, 2014
Our forwards were belted again tonight.
At least we'll be stronger through origin, because at this rate , no Broncos make it.

Imagine potentially losing your centres to NSW. Lucky they won't make it either (or maybe it's bad luck).

W

WASSHHH

Aug 24, 2017
Ricky Stuart blames everybody except his team when they lose ... whether is is the refs, the NRL or little green men from outta space, there is always someone else to blame
Not this time - he was quite scathing of his own team.
I suggest everyone who thinks all press conferences are the same go and watch it.
It was pleasantly refreshing to see someone speak so honestly and unfiltered.

Cult

Cult

International Rep
Contributor
Oct 17, 2013
As in dropped like how he dropped the 2015 premiership trophy?
He's kicked on since then. Unlike Milford, who only kicks on the 4th straight down the fullbacks throat.

Did you misread though?

Unbreakable

Unbreakable

International Rep
Contributor
May 21, 2013
I suppose I'll do points, despite not really wanting to, gotta get those POTS votes in.

3. Lodge
2. McGuire
1. McCullough

rnabokov

rnabokov

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
Aside from the trash dished up tonight as a team and most of the individuals, the 2 things that annoy me most and have done for far too long now:
- we simply do not spread the ball, it rarely gets outside of the middle third, and when it does, our 11 or 12 tend to die with it. It must be so frustrating playing centre for the Broncos, honestly.
- why oh why do we insist on kicking on the third or fourth tackle? If we are up by 20, I can understand it, but we need points so we kick the ball away?!? And no, it’s not a 40/20 or an attacking chip / cross field kick / grubber / repeat set finder. Nope, a mid field bomb or long kick straight to one of their back 3.
More specifically this game - the Dragons absolutely destroyed the Titans right side defence last week, but it seemed we were somehow opposed to doing the same.
My mind honesty boggles

Good post - my mind is still boggling. I keep asking myself how come we have so much talent yet it isn't harnessed? I think of halves pairings, Hunt and Widdop is a good starting point.

What's the difference between them, their game, and Milford and Knik, as a unit, which is what really matters, and for mine, underlies our woes since '15 when the coaches (allegedly) kept their noses out of Hunt and Milford's business and let them run free.

Hunt and Widdop destroyed the Titans. It's not rocket science either

Foordy

Foordy

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 4, 2008
He didn't this time.

Not this time - he was quite scathing of his own team.
I suggest everyone who thinks all press conferences are the same go and watch it.
It was pleasantly refreshing to see someone speak so honestly and unfiltered.

ok so there has been 1 different press conference in the last 100, and this one is very out of character from Ricky.

my point still stands

M

Maddy1to9

QCup Player
Sep 13, 2017
Is it to watch this crap have I waited for a week? With sort of work ethic and attitude, I don't see them winning a game convincingly in the near future.

v Newcastle - They will fire up at their home ground than our dismal display at our home ground.
v Warriors - Jeez! they would have a field day with the way they are going currently and blow us out of the park by end of 1st half.
v Storm - Though it's another home game, guys don't realize what a privilege it is to play at Suncorp with adoring fans and instead give away to Storm.
v Rabbitohs - By the time we play them, they would be bundled with double the confidence they have been this year so far & to add to the misery, either the bunker or the refs will not come to our rescue unlike last year.
v Dogs - will be more or less similar to the Storm game.
By Round 10, the team would give up on the season with this sort of lack of confidence and can do attitude.

At the start of the season, I honestly thought that the real test of character, turning up for each other and commitment would start from Round-7 but, it appears to me that our test was well and truly over and we suck miserably at every aspect of the game.

I believed we have stopped the so called "geniuses" of the game to mock us after the Cows game but boy, we proved them wrong and voluntarily invited them to make us the laughing stock for the season.

It really hurts. I can take a loss had we put in all the effort with no errors and came out unlucky but not the kind of game we witnessed. It's intolerable. I certainly DO NOT expect a miracle in the next few weeks but, success from hard work. Hope the boys realize it and would love to see the Broncos who win what may!

Last edited:
Broncapz

Broncapz

NRL Player
May 1, 2016
This season has Jekyll & Hyde written all over it. Wonder which Broncos will turn up next week or the week after that.

What's more frustrating is at our best, our team can match any other team.

V

Viti

NRL Player
Feb 2, 2011
I was really impressed with Lodge he was really trying and we need to definitely keep him him.

The biggest thing for me I he’s improving every week, it seemed like he was a bit underdone in round 1 but he’s warming to the task more and more s the week goes on/

M

mieko

QCup Player
Aug 25, 2011
What the hell is doing with this team. That was crap. We got owned all over and didn't have any answers.

Pull your heads in!!!

animal eater

animal eater

QCup Player
Jul 27, 2013
While I could waffle on and on about last nights results. I will keep it simple. The Broncos have the worst 1,6, 7 combination in the NRL. If anyone disagrees, than I would question if they watch this game. Think about it, there is not one of those three position players that is even remotely convincing in the positions they play. Boyd can't run and is often now a defensive liability because...he can't run. Milford is playing a hybrid 6/7 and is playing both poorly and and Kodi is a bench player at best. People get excited because he has a bit of speed but that DOES NOT make a 7. A seven is a gnat which is up the ass of his pack, a seven manages a game, a seven can kick and pass and can alter a game plan when need. Kodi unfortunately is none of the above.

The Broncos brass including old crusty have one of two options. They continue to keep their head in the sand and plod along or they roll the dice and actually take a few chances and build a future. Personally I wouldn't mind the second option even if that means this year stings a bit. Better that then watching a predictable slow growing cancer.

Unread

Active Now

• phoenix
  • Bucking Beads
  • FACTHUNT
  • TwoLeftFeet
  • Fozz
  • theshed
  • Scorchie
  • winslow_wong
  • BruiserMk1
  • MasterWright
  • I bleed Maroon
  • bb_gun
  • Organix
  • mitch222
  • leon.bott
  • LittleDavey
  • Dexter
  • Allo
  • Santa
  • Alec
... and 7 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.