Errors

Player Stats

# T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT IT Pos DR K KM M E P
# T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT IT Pos DR K KM M E P

T

Thelmus

NRL Player
Apr 19, 2016
Bennett and crew out-coached by Brennan?
You don't coach teams to kick out on the full or make errors in the first set of 6 following a try against you. Those are the kind of things that kill coaches.
As for the lack of go-forward: there was a definite lack of commitment. You would think, you would be making sure to have an error free set of 6 following a try against you. It's not hard, you line up your forwards and tell them to turn that frustration into metres. Play some simple plays, some angled runs etc. hell even a dummy half run where you can and then kick for touch.
Why kick for touch? Well for one thing, after a try is scored there is nearly always a few loose cannons around who think you need to reverse the game on the next play. Once you have a little time, you can get put it all into defence.
The problem is the Broncos play an up-tempo game that, when it is going their way, lets them run away with it. Unfortunately, when the game is going against them the reverse is true. That doesn't mean you turn it into a grind, but a set of 6 is a good price for some sanity on the field when things are going against you.
That's the biggest disappointment with the team, and to be honest, I've seen it since kevie walters retired. There are these moments when the game runs away from them and they just don't have that michael innes, cameron smith or wally lewis kind of feel to slow things down. Even with lockyer, it would happen (he just had the kind of brilliance to single-handedly turn the game himself).
Partly it's a deliberate strategy to run teams off their feet, partly the nature of the forwards we have (young and in-experienced). Thing is, there has to be a plan "B" when we're the one's being worked over.

ZTop

ZTop

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Feb 28, 2016
That's the Broncos MOTM. It only goes to Broncos players because it's only for Broncos players.
Yeah I figured that, but why do they give it out after a loss. They don't deserve any awards

NRL Captain
Contributor
Sep 22, 2016
**** me some people will nitpick like hell when it comes to Boyd.

Why do people take what is said in press conferences so seriously? They give out the cliches and that's that. The teams do it solely because they have media obligations.

So you would rather have the captain serve out crap like that, when everyone knows the team played shit, and look stupid?

Purple Pills

Purple Pills

NRL Player
Jul 13, 2017
I was bashing ash Taylor before this game about not reaching any great heights with the titans. Although this may still be true the real heartbreaking story is Anthony Milford. Once he was the brightest young talent to emerge onto the game now is just a shadow of that young talent. He peaked in 2015 and his strengths have totally diminished. I am totally heart broken by the way he has fallen away

Milford 2015 was the Jarryd Hayne of 2009 and
The Ben Barba of 2012. They were the peak years of all 3 and have been a shadow of themselves since

Cult

Cult

International Rep
Contributor
Oct 17, 2013
Honestly, that was embarrassing all around. From the game only Lodge and Glenn seemed interested.

Boyd needs a kick in the ass. If he's not fit he needs to sit out.
The wingers, Black Maranta and Kicking Maranta were terrible.
The centres did sweet **** all. They can't wait for the ball, they need to go in looking for it.
Don't even get me started on the halves. Does Milford know he gets six tackles though? Kodi knows he can run right?
Lodge was great, Sims was not. Can't start the game that way and expect to turn it around.
Macca was good and bad. Would have been worse without him.
Who even were our second rowers?
McGuire was being too friendly to their players. You're supposed to hate them.
Was Opacic playing prop? He was in the middle when he was on. Thaiday needs a rest, I dare say for the next 60 years. Who were the other two players?

And the coaches, at this point it seems like there's too many cooks in the kitchen. And they are all cooking the same bullshit.

We lost to the fucking Titans. Why do I have a feeling we are more embarrassed than those blokes are?

I have no problem with the penalties, what I do have a problem with is the penalties that aren't called. They laid all over us tonight and got away with it. After a week where cheating rocked Australian sport, the Titans cheated the HIA. They scored off forward passes and nearly broke one of our players necks.

Super Freak

Super Freak

International Captain
Forum Staff
Jan 25, 2014
So you would rather have the captain serve out crap like that, when everyone knows the team played shit, and look stupid?

It doesn't bother me what they say. Locky delivered the same shit after a loss.

They are mostly scripted. They come in, dish out the cliches and leave. They don't want to do it, but they have to.

Sometimes a player will complain about something, but apart from that, they all say the same thing.

Cult

Cult

International Rep
Contributor
Oct 17, 2013
I am so pissed about the fourth tackle kicks. When you're struggling for possession why the hell are we giving it back to them with uncreative kicks straight down their throat?

T

Thelmus

NRL Player
Apr 19, 2016
From what I heard Macca was one of the very few who can hold his head up. Not sure what his service from dummy half was like, but without him, the broncos seemed to be completely directionless. Then again it might just have been the spin of the radio commentators.
One thing i do know: a few more with his courage and commitment wouldn't go astray.

Accept

Accept

NRL Captain
Sep 27, 2016
Tonight's result did surprise me but it certainly didn't shock me. Whilst most fans were banking on a vast improvement on our for and against, I was just hoping for a win. I think most reasonable Bronco fans would have agreed at the start of the season that this roster certainly wasn't a premiership winning one. You take three regulars out of that squad and you get results like tonight.

Add to that a captain/fullback who is clearly struggling with fitness and form. Also a star recruit who is only playing his second game with his new club after major surgery.

And add to that the plethora of players who are either not up to NRL standard or very inexperienced. That list comprises of Niko, Offa, Oppa, Sammy, Sims, Lodge, Isaako, S'ua. Include a 2018 Gains/Losses player wise that was very lopsided and you have the current version of the Broncos. If they weren't realistic contenders last year then how could they be classed as such this year with a much weaker squad?

I know there are a few very depressed Bronco fans out there tonight but they are the ones with the inflated expectations. This team does have potential but if things go wrong (injuries/form), then missing the playoffs is a harsh reality. They may even battle the Titans for a spot in the cellar.

Super Freak

Super Freak

International Captain
Forum Staff
Jan 25, 2014
From what I heard Macca was one of the very few who can hold his head up. Not sure what his service from dummy half was like, but without him, the broncos seemed to be completely directionless. Then again it might just have been the spin of the radio commentators.
One thing i do know: a few more with his courage and commitment wouldn't go astray.

There were times his service hurt us more than it helped us, but I thought he was one of our better players tonight.

Foordy

Foordy

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 4, 2008

99.9% of players say the same shit ...

I don't know why you expect Boyd to come out and say something along the lines of "we were absolutely disgraceful tonight ... in fact we should all hand back our paychecks. and the coach should make mass changes with heaps of people, including myself being dropped ..."

it is just unrealistic to expected players and coaches would come out and say anything different ... post game press conferences are just used for PR and cliches (and in some cases the coaches will try to take the heat off their teams bu blaming the ref)

BroncosAlways

BroncosAlways

NRL Captain
Contributor
Jun 20, 2013
That's the Broncos MOTM. It only goes to Broncos players because it's only for Broncos players.

Legitimate question here, is that an actual burger in his hand or more advertising?

Super Freak

Super Freak

International Captain
Forum Staff
Jan 25, 2014
Legitimate question here, is that an actual burger in his hand or more advertising?

It's definitely the packaging for the burgers.

Whether there is an actual burger in there, who knows? But it's possibly just to advertise based on how he's holding it.

W

WASSHHH

Aug 24, 2017
When the team is off like the Broncos, it wouldn't matter who was captain. It isn't going to do much.

They were flat from the opening kick off. It happens. Sometimes a team will have off nights where it doesn't matter what they do, nothing changes. Tonight was one of those nights.
To be fair, for a team with aspirations of being top 4 and / or winning the comp; the same team that went within a whisker of actually doing so in ‘15; we are having WAY too many off-nights.

Yes off nights happen, and I truly admire your optimism, but even the most faithful fan would surely admit we’ve been a shell of that 2015 team more than we’ve resembled it.

I’ll watch again next week (like I do every week), and hope we pull it together. Unfortunately though, I have to hope too often. Broncos fans used to know the team would pull it together when it mattered. That just isn’t the case with this current team.

I honestly don’t believe I’m being all doom and gloom either. This isn’t a reflection on rounds 1-4. This is a reflection on seasons ‘16, ‘17 and ‘18 thus far.
We’re just way too hit and miss to be confident in.

Purple Pills

Purple Pills

NRL Player
Jul 13, 2017
When the team is off like the Broncos, it wouldn't matter who was captain. It isn't going to do much.

They were flat from the opening kick off. It happens. Sometimes a team will have off nights where it doesn't matter what they do, nothing changes. Tonight was one of those nights.

Round 1 & 3 were ‘one’ of those nights as well...

W

WASSHHH

Aug 24, 2017
99.9% of players say the same shit ...

I don't know why you expect Boyd to come out and say something along the lines of "we were absolutely disgraceful tonight ... in fact we should all hand back our paychecks. and the coach should make mass changes with heaps of people, including myself being dropped ..."

it is just unrealistic to expected players and coaches would come out and say anything different ... post game press conferences are just used for PR and cliches (and in some cases the coaches will try to take the heat off their teams bu blaming the ref)
Ricky Stuart called, he’d like to vehemently disagree.

rnabokov

rnabokov

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
Just gave him a call. He said "I stopped carrying him".

In other words, he said there is a big difference playing with a genuine 5/8 and a coach who knows the difference

Foordy

Foordy

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 4, 2008
Ricky Stuart called, he’d like to vehemently disagree.

Ricky Stuart blames everybody except his team when they lose ... whether is is the refs, the NRL or little green men from outta space, there is always someone else to blame

Active Now

• Strop
  • Santa
  • Rambstien
  • leon.bott
  • The Don
  • broncsgoat
  • broncos4life
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Maroon4life
  • Painin the Haas
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.