Errors

Player Stats

# T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT IT Pos DR K KM M E P
# T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT IT Pos DR K KM M E P

Rico

Rico

QCup Player
Jun 4, 2016
When the team is off like the Broncos, it wouldn't matter who was captain. It isn't going to do much.

They were flat from the opening kick off. It happens. Sometimes a team will have off nights where it doesn't matter what they do, nothing changes. Tonight was one of those nights.

We were actually flat in the warm up too. I was worried when I took my seat and saw no energy at all. It was so shit that I’m worried there is more to it than a bad night

kat00

kat00

NYC Player
Apr 25, 2014
Till round 3.
We have topped the tackle count and second last with hit ups https://www.totalfootystats.com.au/nrl-team-stats
Nothing changed last night, we are getting belted in all aspects of the game.
With the personnel we"ve got and their attitudes I can't see things changing anytime soon.
About the 60th minute last night, an attacking bomb went up from about 40mtrs out Gillette, to his credit ran as hard as he could, jumped as high as Ive eve seen him in an effort to win the ball, Roberts meanwhile is still back on halfway with his hands on his hips.
Not long after McGuire is milling around a scum playing kiddies games pulling bandages off the opposition heads, giggling while his team is being smashed.
We are not hungry enough, plain and simple.

Splinter

Splinter

NRL Player
Feb 16, 2013
I think one K Walters is sabotaging our halves so he can get the head coaches job

K

Kyall

NRL Player
Oct 4, 2016
We almost all game just had 1 out hit ups and that’s just stupid. We need a half in there to be that first receiver both sides and of the ruck and control the runners more.

broncsgoat

broncsgoat

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Oct 28, 2013
The top 4 from last year plus the cowboys have the same number of wins as the dragons and the warriors....

We aren’t the only ones struggling...

But there has been very little to be excited by.

winslow_wong

winslow_wong

International Captain
May 27, 2013
I am so pissed about the fourth tackle kicks. When you're struggling for possession why the hell are we giving it back to them with uncreative kicks straight down their throat?

Fourth tackle? There were a few times we were attacking their try line and kodi kicked on the 3rd... a couple resulted in drop outs but why not do that on the fifth right... it's almost as though he wanted to prove he could kick at time last night.

winslow_wong

winslow_wong

International Captain
May 27, 2013
The top 4 from last year plus the cowboys have the same number of wins as the dragons and the warriors....

We aren’t the only ones struggling...

But there has been very little to be excited by.

Does it really matter if other teams are struggling too?

Mightybroncs2k17

Mightybroncs2k17

NRL Player
Jan 15, 2017
I had to endure the full 80 minutes live last night then for what ever reason this morning watched a replay to try and gain an insight into what is going on out there.

It might seem blatantly obvious but it just seems we are a team desperately out of form but also individuals desperately out of form. Combine that with a sever lack of confidence, new combinations (bird, Pearson) and a very underdone preseason and you have a recipie for a very poor start to the season.

This however doesn’t excuse the poor attitude there seems to be. Our energy was very down and that showed in our kick chases and lack of urgency across the whole 80 minutes.

Unfortunately while we have the likes of fai and Tagataese and Murphy and scarlet as possible inclusions in the side there is no real obvious option that will improve our performances. It’s going to take a kick up the ass from the coaching staff, some strong self reflection and probably a bit of luck if things are to turn around.

W

WASSHHH

Aug 24, 2017
ok so there has been 1 different press conference in the last 100, and this one is very out of character from Ricky.

my point still stands
Yes, you’re point still stands - no one is debating that.
But just because that’s the norm, doesn’t mean everyone has to follow it.
Which is the point myself, and others on here, are making.
The fact Stuart broke what some are describing as unwritten laws only supports such an argument.
You are right, but so are the people who are disagreeing with you.

Accept

Accept

NRL Captain
Sep 27, 2016
This season has Jekyll & Hyde written all over it. Wonder which Broncos will turn up next week or the week after that.

What's more frustrating is at our best, our team can match any other team.
Tbf, the same team has shown up on all four occasions. They defeated a struggling Cowboys side and managed to edge out a horrible Wests team. Our best will certainly not match the strongest version of the likes of an in form Cowboys, Melb, Syd, Cron, Stg, Pen, NZ etc. Shit, they can't even match the Titans who have bottom 4 written all over them. This notion that our squad is as good as anyone's is absolute nonsense because it is plain as day that it isn't.

Huge

Huge

International Rep
Contributor
Mar 7, 2008
Tbf, the same team has shown up on all four occasions. They defeated a struggling Cowboys side and managed to edge out a horrible Wests team. Our best will certainly not match the strongest version of the likes of an in form Cowboys, Melb, Syd, Cron, Stg, Pen, NZ etc. Shit, they can't even match the Titans who have bottom 4 written all over them. This notion that our squad is as good as anyone's is absolute nonsense because it is plain as day that it isn't.
I cannot really agree with your last sentence. If every player played to the best of their ability we would have a team that could match it with all others.

Accept

Accept

NRL Captain
Sep 27, 2016
I cannot really agree with your last sentence. If every player played to the best of their ability we would have a team that could match it with all others.
Do you really think the likes of Kodi, Sammy, Sims, a totally busted Boyd, a slow Macca have more ability in what they are showing? You could also include Offa and S'ua in that list, two guys who are supposed to have tonnes of ability but we may never see it. Our roster is weaker than others and Rounds 6-15 will expose that fact.

NRL Captain
Contributor
Sep 22, 2016
Wayne will be forced to eat humble pie Re his selection choices....Experiment is over.

I bleed Maroon

I bleed Maroon

International Rep
Apr 17, 2013
Do you really think the likes of Kodi, Sammy, Sims, a totally busted Boyd, a slow Macca have more ability in what they are showing? You could also include Offa and S'ua in that list, two guys who are supposed to have tonnes of ability but we may never see it. Our roster is weaker than others and Rounds 6-15 will expose that fact.

I agree with this. There is a reason why Thaiday is still getting a run 3 years past his due by date, and that's because our recruitment and retention officials have completely and utterly failed at their jobs. They're close to the worst at it in the competition, and for a club like ours that is humiliating.

W

WASSHHH

Aug 24, 2017
I had to endure the full 80 minutes live last night then for what ever reason this morning watched a replay to try and gain an insight into what is going on out there.
Why would you do that, do you hate your eyes?

M

Maroon4life

QCup Player
May 28, 2016
Atleast 2 times i seen milford put the ball in the scrum then realize no one picked it up at the back and rushed to get it....thats a wtf moment in itself.....somethings wrong

I had to listen on the abc last night because I was at work, heard the broadcasters taking the piss out of Milford for forgetting it was his job to pick it up at the end of the scrum.

mrslong

mrslong

International Rep
Mar 25, 2008
I even rewatched the 1st half. We completely stunk the house down, these players didn’t care. For 1 reason or another I wasn’t able to Get to any games until after this week so hadn’t renewed my membership. Now I’ve decided not to until I see genuine effort and genuine recruitment Pea hearts.

I am sick to death of no-one caring that our team gets raped by other teams year in year out. Our bench should have included Wallace & arrow ffs.

Unread

Active Now

• Lostboy
  • dirtyharry
  • phoenix
  • Santa
  • FACTHUNT
  • scobie
  • Hoof Hearted
  • Swordfish
  • Porthoz
  • ezpz
  • MasterWright
  • Wolfie
  • Foordy
  • theshed
  • Strop
  • Bucking Beads
  • TwoLeftFeet
  • Fozz
... and 5 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.