Errors

Player Stats

# T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT IT Pos DR K KM M E P
# T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT IT Pos DR K KM M E P

badyon

badyon

QCup Player
Feb 8, 2014
Why not the whole lot? Four games in and none have the impact required. Sims and Thaiday look like they can’t outrun a mobility scooter and Joffa back to QCup to find his hunger. We got Taggas for (relatively) cheap so why not use him?

Because I can see WB being very sentimental with Sam this year. The other two, less so - more so because of their attitude - blowing up at players and refs after their own dumb mistakes.

lynx000

lynx000

State of Origin Rep
Contributor
Jul 28, 2008
Disappointing effort, but I'm not even mad.

We had a 12 game winning streak against them going back to 2007. We were bound to lose one eventually.

They got the bounce of the ball and took their chances. We were very flat.

Titans were always going to come out fired up after the hammering last week and the hammering in the media. Usually teams that want it more win.

We still have a lot of improvement in us.

FMD you need a medal to show that degree of optimism after that. I hope you are right, but I fear something is rotten in Denmark.

Dexter

Dexter

State of Origin Rep
Contributor
Mar 26, 2008
We will be a completly different side if we cut our errors.
That's the first place to start.
We definitely need some spark at the back.
Boyd looks finished it's just if WB can make the call.
Opa to centre and Bird to the back.
Lodge was always a risk. He hasn't been bad but probably needed his first full season or 2 off the bench.
No doubt we need improvement/changes.
Some of the bagging of Boyd and WB has been low, very disrespectful to their contribution to our club.

lynx000

lynx000

State of Origin Rep
Contributor
Jul 28, 2008
This is the problem with Isaako, he is still very raw. His positioning cost us dearly and Titans took full advantage of it.

They did their homework.

Hopefully he learns from it.

But I'm not going to make a judgement on this side until mid-season. Too early yet.

Bennett and crew out-coached by Brennan?

Alec

Alec

International Rep
Mar 4, 2008
Dargon- came on for Bishop just after half time first game so wasn't expecting too much- played some hooker and some half. Threw some nice passes. Was one shift where he thew someone else in to dummy half and got into first receiver and moved the ball on to get them out of trouble. But Norths were pretty bad.

I remember mentioning something like this in round 1 or something, when our forwards were getting dominated... this is how a thinking half plays. Gotta at least try something different sometimes.

P

Pushkin

QCup Player
May 27, 2016
Taggers today came off just after half time. Second stint was last 15 minutes. Norths were pretty terrible lots of errors and for an unbeaten side were poor. Taggers made lots of first ruck carries and ugly carries.

Carrigan had his first starting game, lasted until 50 minutes. Came back on with about 10 to go.
He was strong. Played well. Wynnum looked a lot more organised just with Dobson running it and I think Carrigan thrived with having one voice.

Haas came on at 20 minutes and stayed until 60th minute. He put great pressure on Murphy really sacked him a few times and it was impressive for a big man to keep going up like that. He is really doing small things well. I commented on his defence last week and pressure on kickers is another.

Dargon- came on for Bishop just after half time first game so wasn't expecting too much- played some hooker and some half. Threw some nice passes. Was one shift where he thew someone else in to dummy half and got into first receiver and moved the ball on to get them out of trouble. But Norths were pretty bad.

Flegler sent off so he might be missing for a few weeks.
Where carrigan played in middle or edge?

Super Freak

Super Freak

International Captain
Forum Staff
Jan 25, 2014
FMD you need a medal to show that degree of optimism after that. I hope you are right, but I fear something is rotten in Denmark.

I said before the season started that we were very likely to start off a little slow. We had a very disruptive pre-season and teams just do not hit the ground running when that happens.

There could be a massive attitude problem. But too early to say for sure. We'll see how we are over the coming month.

Broncapz

Broncapz

NRL Player
May 1, 2016
Unless we can get more quick play the balls, Kodi/Roberts and co aren't ever going to have the space to pull magic. Our forwards have a habit of getting turned on to their back trying to squeeze pointless post contact metres.

the_next

the_next

NRL Captain
Mar 9, 2018
I’m sorry, but Boyd for me brings nothing at all as a fullback, or a captain for that matter.
Every press conference is the same, “we had an off night tonight,” “we need to have better ball control” blah, blah. WB must tell him what to say pre press conference.
Deadset I don’t even see the bloke talk on the field.
Milford should put his mill a year back into refunding supporters memberships.
What are these blokes doing thru the week?
Give a couple of the young fellas a run. Not one position in this team at the moment should be guarenteed.
So frustrating as a spectator at the moment..the knights might make us look silly next weekend.

Super Freak

Super Freak

International Captain
Forum Staff
Jan 25, 2014
Every press conference is the same, “we had an off night tonight,” “we need to have better ball control” blah, blah. WB must tell him what to say pre press conference.
Deadset I don’t even see the bloke talk on the field.

What's the problem with the press conferences? They are all scripted. They give out the old cliches and that's that, every captain does.

As for his communication on the field, trust me he does that. It doesn't show on TV but go to a game and you will see it.

When the Broncos were in huddles, he was giving it to them. He was constantly talking to the players out there. It's up to the players to respond and they didn't.

winslow_wong

winslow_wong

International Captain
May 27, 2013
If bird is fit enough then get him into full back and opa to take his spot at centre. It's time to make changes before the season is gone. Pearson is an absolute joke. He's worse than maranta. He dead set ran into the back of sims tonight and tackled himself.

rnabokov

rnabokov

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
What's the problem with the press conferences? They are all scripted. They give out the old cliches and that's that, every captain does.

As for his communication on the field, trust me he does that. It doesn't show on TV but go to a game and you will see it.

When the Broncos were in huddles, he was giving it to them. He was constantly talking to the players out there. It's up to the players to respond and they didn't.

Maybe it's because they don't know how.

the_next

the_next

NRL Captain
Mar 9, 2018

Boyd needs to lead like a captain.
Take the catch and run, run straight and run hard.
It doesn’t happen. If he is injured, he shouldn’t be there. Remember the days of K.Hunt at FB? His runs were an injection, a spark, a momentum builder. 90% of the time I feel Darius pauses in his run and surrendours the tackle. If he is not match fit, he shouldn’t be there. If he is injured, he shouldn’t be there. There just seems such a lack of inspiration out on the the field for mine. So frustrating to watch

Super Freak

Super Freak

International Captain
Forum Staff
Jan 25, 2014
Boyd needs to lead like a captain.
Take the catch and run, run straight and run hard.
It doesn’t happen. If he is injured, he shouldn’t be there. Remember the days of K.Hunt at FB? His runs were an injection, a spark, a momentum builder. 90% of the time I feel Darius pauses in his run and surrendours the tackle. If he is not match fit, he shouldn’t be there. If he is injured, he shouldn’t be there. There just seems such a lack of inspiration out on the the field for mine. So frustrating to watch

Karmichael Hunt also stopped taking those runs because they were doing damage and were going to shorten his career.

People need to stop expecting those because it's just not going to happen, from anyone we put at fullback.

Boyd needs to improve. But this constant criticism over his "lack" of communication is getting beyond ridiculous. He talks more than anyone out on that field.

Unread

Active Now

• Waynesaurus
  • GCBRONCO
  • TwoLeftFeet
  • sooticus
  • davidp
  • Allo
  • Wolfie
  • BroncosAlways
  • Lostboy
  • Painin the Haas
  • eazy-duzzit
  • levikaden
  • Swordfish
  • Aldo
  • TonyTheJugoslav
  • Galah
  • rnabokov
  • FACTHUNT
  • broncsgoat
... and 23 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.