Errors

Player Stats

# T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT IT Pos DR K KM M E P
# T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT IT Pos DR K KM M E P

winslow_wong

winslow_wong

International Captain
May 27, 2013
I was bashing ash Taylor before this game about not reaching any great heights with the titans. Although this may still be true the real heartbreaking story is Anthony Milford. Once he was the brightest young talent to emerge onto the game now is just a shadow of that young talent. He peaked in 2015 and his strengths have totally diminished. I am totally heart broken by the way he has fallen away

Harry Sack

Harry Sack

International Rep
Forum Staff
Jun 12, 2013
Cheers Sack Harry.

How did you think your star Half Kodi performed tonight? Any thoughts on Milford or Darius?

Hey mate. I'd love for you to quote where I said Kodi was MY star half, but I appreciate the mention.

As I've noted a number of times I have an issue with Darius lately. His kick returns lack sting and I'm continuously frustrated by his slow plays of the ball because he's too busy glaring at and appealing to the ref. I like my captain to be the heart and soul of the team and someone that can lead by example. The easiest positions to do this from are IMO in the forwards with a solid run or a massive hit or from fullback with a "full steam ahead" kick return. Yet this seems to allude Boyd.

Milf.....is not a game manager. He needs a genuine 7 outside of him. As I've said in the past, us trying to force him into this role of managing the team is taking away from his natural and best abilities. I have no doubt he can learn these things in time, but that's just it.....time. He's not a natural game manager and he's someone that I'd expect to gain these skills in the later stages of his career, not right now.

Last edited:
D

dbomb91

Apr 25, 2016
I was at the game tonight, took my gf to her first game and honestly if it wasnt for her coming tonight i wouldnt of went we know this team is not contenders this year tonight made me relise that so im going to take this loss as a means to an end that i cant see coming what players can lead us to the next premiership
Andrew McCullough should be captain
He puts in every time he takes to the field
Milford hes time is up he aint a half im done having his back, kodi hes got till years end then decide if hes worth it
Boyd and thaiday need to retire
Macca needs to be on the bench
Opacic should start

Overall were shit and relising this sucks

Aldo

Aldo

What, me worry?
Contributor
Jul 7, 2013
Getting to the point that I wouldn't be disappointed to let Milf walk. I've been waiting patiently for two years now to see something that even resembles a top shelf half. Starting to really doubt he can make it there.

tommy

tommy

International Rep
Jun 5, 2015
Taylor had that one high quality pass and then I thought he was pretty quiet...

Obviously 100x better than what our ‘halves’ dished up

Yep, a single pass then 2 kicks into touch in the last 10 minutes when it is the obvious option and some are climaxing. Can't believe we didn't isolate him in defence even once.

Wolfie

Wolfie

International Captain
Jan 14, 2015
I was bashing ash Taylor before this game about not reaching any great heights with the titans. Although this may still be true the real heartbreaking story is Anthony Milford. Once he was the brightest young talent to emerge onto the game now is just a shadow of that young talent. He peaked in 2015 and his strengths have totally diminished. I am totally heart broken by the way he has fallen away

Tbh, i think its because we want him to be the halfback we dont have, he isnt playing his natural game

winslow_wong

winslow_wong

International Captain
May 27, 2013
Tbh, i think its because we want him to be the halfback we dont have, he isnt playing his natural game

So why can't the broncos come up with a better solution? Is there no one in the junior ranks that can just kick and organise the team? Can Milford accept not organising and still contribute because he has gone into his shell in he past when guys like benji tried to take control.

Rally Towel

Rally Towel

NRL Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2014
Titans deserved the win, they came up here hungry for it. I don't underestimate the effect of early possession advantage, but fact is we weren't in the contest for 80% of the night.

There's a lot they have to go over by next week, including, but not limited to:

- Sims should be nowhere near a starting position. He's good for short stints of seek and destroy on defence, or crash balls at the line. Other than that, the more time he spends on the field, the worse he performs for errors and penalties.

- Joe O needs to go back to reserve grade. Our other options may be greener than ideal but he's had plenty of opportunities. Give someone else a crack, if only to send a message.

- Care of the above, we need to sort out the front row rotation with priority. Lodge is warming to the task, and I think Sammy still shows some hustle off the bench. TPJ will help, but does his best work as an impact weapon, his motor still needs work. If Sims and Joe can't pass for half a prop between them, then we desperately need someone to put their hand up.

- Halves need a massive kick up the ass. Disagree Kodi was better, Milf at least banked a repeat set and we could have jagged another try if Pearson didn't have Burgess hands. In any case, their cause wasn't helped by some awful handling around them, but they need to be much better.

- We have two classy centres. Let's get the ball out to them, FFS. Granted they can look for more work, but we cut Bird right out of the action for much of tonight.

Very few positives tonight outside of Lodge's gradual progression.

Will we better next week? I don't doubt it. But we have a hell of a lot to work on if we want to be more than middle of the pack. Get to it.

Alec

Alec

International Rep
Mar 4, 2008
People sometimes bash the forwards, but who knows how tough it can be watching your fullback make 0 metres returning the ball, and sometimes actually lose metres, and then watching Milford put in a kick that rolls over the dead ball line 75% of the time.

Alec

Alec

International Rep
Mar 4, 2008
So why can't the broncos come up with a better solution? Is there no one in the junior ranks that can just kick and organise the team?

Dargan can, from what I hear. He probably needs to be given a shot sooner or later.

N

Number6

QCup Player
May 21, 2016
Disgusting performance. What is it going to take to drop some useless f***s. Is there room under the cap to pick ten new players who actually want to play for the broncos?

1. Boyd. 5. Not the worst and looked closer to playing on 2 legs. Gained a point or two for saying he will quit if hammy does get sorted. Not good enough but beggers can’t be choosers. When someone finds his leadership abilities can someone please notify broncos head office?
5. Isaako. 1 Had a shocker. Give him a chat but more symptomatic of overall team attitude on young bloke.
3. Roberts. 1. Shocker. I’d say I don’t know what the defensive thought process was down that side but doubt there was one.
4. Bird 2. He knows he plays for the broncs right? Only second game but offered nothing. Needs time ... from the bench.
5. Pearson 2. Left skates at home but was out of position, butter fingers. Surely it’s time to mark do not return.
6. Milf. 1. You get a mark for showing up on time if not on the field. People saying he should be our halfback need to see a psychiatrist.
7. KNik. 3. Only because of the try and only guy who showed a speck of danger in attack all night. Not a halfback. Defence needs help.
8. Lodge. 5 showed up but still owned. Needs time, fitness and a bit more fast twitch as he does look a little plodder like at times.
9. McCullough 4. Solid hard workman in defence but forgot or too tired to be useful in attack. Won’t win a premiership with him actually plodding at hooker (although low on our problem list unfortunately)
10. Sims 2. Why bother starting him? I wonder why we got owned early?Can we please have a no Sims recruitment policy in future. People ask how we could have kept Arrow. Not signing pretenders like this bloke might help.
11. Glenn 4. Tried but why do we even pass it to him near the goal line? A pensioner on a walker has more hope of scoring close to the line then this guy.
12. Gillett. 5. Can sort of tackle. Shirt grab wtf? Made meters cause not many else bothered. it was nice when he used run a line or offload dangerously. Doesn’t deserve QLD jersey based on current form.
13. Moose. 3. Should have been a 6. One of the few to try but loses a few points for the headband crap and got owned by Arrow.
14. Thaiday. 2. Has he got pics of someone important’s missus cause can’t understand what else he brings? The words RETIREMENT sound fitting, destroying his legacy.
15 offa. 3. Tried but ineffectual. In fairness forwards were cooked by that point.
16. Opa 5. Can he be picked in his position? Need to give him a chance to sink or swim. If I was him I would sign somewhere else based on his current treatment.
17. Sua. 4. Give the young bloke time but not too much.

Rally Towel

Rally Towel

NRL Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2014
Addendum: regarding the forwards, surely Tagatese gets a run at the expense of Sims or Ofa. May not be our silver bullet but he's our most compelling option.

Wolfie

Wolfie

International Captain
Jan 14, 2015
Tagatese has to come onto the bench next game imo

Unbreakable

Unbreakable

International Rep
Contributor
May 21, 2013
People sometimes bash the forwards, but who knows how tough it can be watching your fullback make 0 metres returning the ball, and sometimes actually lose metres, and then watching Milford put in a kick that rolls over the dead ball line 75% of the time.

How depressing is watching the Warriors this year? Tuivasa-Sheck makes Gavet & Blair look like Webcke & Petero, he makes 200 odd metres every game, completely gets them on the front foot every set.

MPC

MPC

BRL Player
Mar 16, 2017
We need to see more offloads and second man play with players backing up. There were a few occasions when this was on tonight but either no one was backing up or there was no offload. We need to be hunting in attack and defence. Overall we are too predictable in this very tough NRL year. Teams have stepped up but the broncos have not. Milf cannot keep trying these inside straightening runs it happens every time he gets the ball instead of going wide. Again offloads, second man play to give him and jimmy and bird time to make breaks. Again the kicking game is disappointing and these things count. Niko is always a threat but again he also needs space created by forwards and offloads. Like to try Boyd at 5/8 and Milf at fullback. Kicking with Milf and Macca only, Niko is not a kicker.

Active Now

• Justwin
  • Big Del
  • Morkel
  • mrslong
  • Broncorob
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Xzei
  • Allo
  • Hoof Hearted
  • Broncosarethebest
  • Rambstien
  • Smokin' Joe
  • marw
  • TimWhatley
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.