Player Stats

# T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT IT Pos DR K KM M E P
# T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT IT Pos DR K KM M E P

holdzy

holdzy

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
May 5, 2016
Our fullback can't run hard or fast. Milf scared to run it hard himself, Bird didn't go looking for ball for over half an hour. We'll be better next week, guarantee the running game picks up and we play to the left more. Went to Isaako way too much.

Titans played well, great defense.

Socnorb

Socnorb

NRL Captain
Contributor
Aug 5, 2013
Our forwards were belted again tonight.
At least we'll be stronger through origin, because at this rate , no Broncos make it.

K

Kyall

NRL Player
Oct 4, 2016
Tommy isnt a winger tbf. Pearson wasnt bad, but he wasnt great either. He only really had that one dropped ball but cleaned up a dangerous attack in the second half as well.

Pearson cost us dearly when he dropped that pass Oates wouldn’t have dropped it.

badyon

badyon

QCup Player
Feb 8, 2014
Easter Sunday. A lot of the boys are family men and looked flat. Reminded me a lot of NBA games on Xmas day.

A down payment on Isaako's football education, tonight. This will be similar to Renouf in 94.

Sims, Joffa and Thaiday -- swap a couple of them out.

Wouldn't surprise me if Boyd pulled the pin, similar to what Alf did in 1999.

Would go with 1 Milf, 6 Bird, 7 Dargan, 14 Knik- and a stronger pack bench (Taga, Haas).

No TPJ, Oats or Kahu. They will add a bit when back.

International Rep
Apr 14, 2013
Taggers today came off just after half time. Second stint was last 15 minutes. Norths were pretty terrible lots of errors and for an unbeaten side were poor. Taggers made lots of first ruck carries and ugly carries.

Carrigan had his first starting game, lasted until 50 minutes. Came back on with about 10 to go.
He was strong. Played well. Wynnum looked a lot more organised just with Dobson running it and I think Carrigan thrived with having one voice.

Haas came on at 20 minutes and stayed until 60th minute. He put great pressure on Murphy really sacked him a few times and it was impressive for a big man to keep going up like that. He is really doing small things well. I commented on his defence last week and pressure on kickers is another.

Dargon- came on for Bishop just after half time first game so wasn't expecting too much- played some hooker and some half. Threw some nice passes. Was one shift where he thew someone else in to dummy half and got into first receiver and moved the ball on to get them out of trouble. But Norths were pretty bad.

Flegler sent off so he might be missing for a few weeks.

Super Freak

Super Freak

International Captain
Forum Staff
Jan 25, 2014
Disappointing effort, but I'm not even mad.

We had a 12 game winning streak against them going back to 2007. We were bound to lose one eventually.

They got the bounce of the ball and took their chances. We were very flat.

Titans were always going to come out fired up after the hammering last week and the hammering in the media. Usually teams that want it more win.

We still have a lot of improvement in us.

Broncos Maestro

Broncos Maestro

NRL Player
May 1, 2016
We need to see more offloads and second man play with players backing up. There were a few occasions when this was on tonight but either no one was backing up or there was no offload. We need to be hunting in attack and defence. Overall we are too predictable in this very tough NRL year. Teams have stepped up but the broncos have not. Milf cannot keep trying these inside straightening runs it happens every time he gets the ball instead of going wide. Again offloads, second man play to give him and jimmy and bird time to make breaks. Again the kicking game is disappointing and these things count. Niko is always a threat but again he also needs space created by forwards and offloads. Like to try Boyd at 5/8 and Milf at fullback. Kicking with Milf and Macca only, Niko is not a kicker.
Seems like TPJ is our only offload player - really missing his impact. :thebadmantookbaxter:

Super Freak

Super Freak

International Captain
Forum Staff
Jan 25, 2014
This is the problem with Isaako, he is still very raw. His positioning cost us dearly and Titans took full advantage of it.

They did their homework.

Hopefully he learns from it.

But I'm not going to make a judgement on this side until mid-season. Too early yet.

W

WASSHHH

Aug 24, 2017
Aside from the trash dished up tonight as a team and most of the individuals, the 2 things that annoy me most and have done for far too long now:
- we simply do not spread the ball, it rarely gets outside of the middle third, and when it does, our 11 or 12 tend to die with it. It must be so frustrating playing centre for the Broncos, honestly.
- why oh why do we insist on kicking on the third or fourth tackle? If we are up by 20, I can understand it, but we need points so we kick the ball away?!? And no, it’s not a 40/20 or an attacking chip / cross field kick / grubber / repeat set finder. Nope, a mid field bomb or long kick straight to one of their back 3.
More specifically this game - the Dragons absolutely destroyed the Titans right side defence last week, but it seemed we were somehow opposed to doing the same.
My mind honesty boggles.

International Rep
Apr 14, 2013
Easter Sunday. A lot of the boys are family men and looked flat. Reminded me a lot of NBA games on Xmas day.

A down payment on Isaako's football education, tonight. This will be similar to Renouf in 94.

Wouldn't surprise me if Boyd pulled the pin, similar to what Alf did in 1999.

Would go with 1 Milf, 6 Bird, 7 Dargan, 14 Knik- and a stronger pack bench (Taga, Haas).

No TPJ, Oats or Kahu. They will add a bit when back.

Really his 32 minutes impressed you that much in his first game you think he's an NRL half?

Wolfie

Wolfie

International Captain
Jan 14, 2015
Pearson cost us dearly when he dropped that pass Oates wouldn’t have dropped it.

How did it cost us dearly? Its not like it was a certain try. Yep he dropped it but he wouldnt have scored from there and neither would Oates. Oates drops plenty as well, I've seen Oates drop the ball by our own try line.

And like i said before, He probably saved a try as well in the second half. Overall, he was probably slightly better than Issako tbh.

K

Kelleher

NYC Player
Mar 16, 2015
We lose Oppa and Sua I think. Both playing out of position and deserve to be getting more time and in their positions.

Broncos Maestro

Broncos Maestro

NRL Player
May 1, 2016
Why not the whole lot? Four games in and none have the impact required. Sims and Thaiday look like they can’t outrun a mobility scooter and Joffa back to QCup to find his hunger. We got Taggas for (relatively) cheap so why not use him?

tommy

tommy

International Rep
Jun 5, 2015
Our fullback can't run hard or fast. Milf scared to run it hard himself, Bird didn't go looking for ball for over half an hour. We'll be better next week, guarantee the running game picks up and we play to the left more. Went to Isaako way too much.

Titans played well, great defense.

Is that a monkey riding a bike?

Unread

Active Now

• Mustafur
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.