Support Play
/ Set Completion /
Penalties (Conceded)
Set Restarts
Errors

Player Stats

# T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT IT Pos DR K KM M E P
# T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT IT Pos DR K KM M E P

Btw just as an aside, the Ash Taylor fans would be feeling pretty smug right about now and I really don't blame them.

On another note TPJ & Lodge are going to have to carry Sims, Offa & Thaiday all year.

Its getting to the stage where we need to forget what happens on the training field and start judging these bloke by what happens on match day. I'm not one for mass changes, but i really thing we need a shake up. We are trying to accommodate too many players who arent either playing up to their ability, not putting in the effort, or just not fitting in with what we need.

Bennett wont admit it i dont think, but he has to be worried. We were poor against the dragons. Brilliant against the Cowboys, and abysmal in our last two games against the Titans and Tigers. We are very fortunate to have 2 wins so far.

Why Bennett played Pearson over Opacic after his last couple of performances if beyond me. Is the old man dillusional?
This year is gone... we need a 7.... blind Freddy can see this why can’t Bennett

Imagine the team we could have right now if Bennett wasn't a senile old man who plays favouritism to his adopted children. Fill in the TBA's with anyone who isn't Boyd & Bird soaking up something like $1.7m in our salary cap, disperse some of the funds in to re-signing Taylor, Arrow & Wallace long-term, let Hunt walk, give Thaiday the tap on the shoulder, give Gillett the veteran allowance.

Even if we replaced those TBA's with players in-house like Isaako & Opacic, I think we're a top 4 side without a shadow of a doubt.

1. TBA
2. Oates
3. Roberts
4. TBA
5. Kahu
6. Milford
7. Taylor
8. McGuire
9. McCullough
10. Wallace
11. Glenn
12. Gillett
13. Arrow

14. Nikorima
15. Pangai Jr
16. Lodge
17. Ofahengaue

Why Bennett played Pearson over Opacic after his last couple of performances if beyond me. Is the old man dillusional?
This year is gone... we need a 7.... blind Freddy can see this why can’t Bennett

Tommy isnt a winger tbf. Pearson wasnt bad, but he wasnt great either. He only really had that one dropped ball but cleaned up a dangerous attack in the second half as well.

And to think we could loose both Lodge and TPJ at years end. We would be 0/4 if we didn’t have those fellas.
Worrying times ahead

Quite honestly, i think its time to give Fai or even Carrigan some game time over Offa. Havent been impressed with Big Joe at all. Dont think Hass is quite ready yet tbh.

Credit to Boyd for his self sacrificing article this week but to be fair, the fact that such an article even needs to be written is alarming in itself, to put it in perspective we have a captain on good salary for another 3 years acknowledging his body isn’t up to it.

Bennett letting Taylor leave is his biggest ever blunder. Was shocking judgment from him. Taylor is going to be one of the game's top 3 players.

Quite honestly, i think its time to give Fai or even Carrigan some game time over Offa. Havent been impressed with Big Joe at all. Dont think Hass is quite ready yet tbh.

Yep, we have quality in the juniors and the usual suspects in the fg team are dishing up shit on a weekly basis.

Our halfs are going to lead us to a bottom 4 spot this year. I dont know how we can let go off so many good plays at the end of last year and not sign great plays in return. Milf is not going to lead this team to the top and im sure im not the only person to think like this. Boyd has to be moved we need someone with the speed to break the line and look for the offloads.

I'm tired of these weak performances against teams we should flog. This was a disgusting display across the park and our senior players seriously need to re-evaluate their approach and why they are supposed to be on the team. Thaiday should be a leader but failed. Boyd should be the calming influence but failed. Milford should be able to figure out how to use a football and failed.
I listened to the game on the radio so I can't come to any immediate conclusions until I see more, but just listening to that game made me want to throw something across the room.
The amount of errors upon errors stinks of a team without direction from their senior players, and THATS when someone senior has to go. I'm not saying Boyd or Milford...yet. But they better take a good look at their performances as captain and chief playmaker or else their immediate future in those roles must come under jeopardy.
I have to say, I've yet to be impressed with anything Milford, bird, Roberts etc have provided. On the one hand, you could excuse some rust if they made mistakes and I made that case for bird last week, but to not use the football? What are they getting paid for?
As for our forwards? If thaiday was as bad as he sounded, he needs to be dropped. As does Offa. I'm' not saying their time is over at the Broncos but a message has to be sent that the kind of performances shown, the inconsistency and lack of application cannot be tolerated. Bring tagatese in for a game and fai whilst we're at it. Let thaiday and offa play a week in QLD cup and understand what a privilege it is to play NRL.
I don't know how bird managed to be an overpaid linesman in attack whoever responsible has to have the riot act read. If it's bird drop him to the bench and make him understand we want more from his minutes. If it's the halves, let them know how close they are, to someone like Scarlett or Murphy getting a call-up, because one way or another that will be the last game played without direction!

Taylor had that one high quality pass and then I thought he was pretty quiet...

Obviously 100x better than what our ‘halves’ dished up

Active Now

• winslow_wong
  • Organix
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Totally Unr3al
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Allo
  • bb_gun
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.