Round 4 - Rabbitohs vs Broncos - Build Up Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
mrslong

mrslong

International Rep
Mar 25, 2008
I missed the first half of the Broncos game the other night and only got around to watching it yesterday afternoon. Once the Bunnies were clearly in front I put my recording of the Broncos on. The difference in quality between the commentators yesterday - Rabs & Sterlo compared to what we got dished up on Friday night - Ray & Wally was diabolical. I had to turn it off.

Kaz

Kaz

State of Origin Captain
Mar 5, 2008
Ray is still calling the game, like he does for radio.

Wally still hasn't improved after all these years.

Ari Gold

Ari Gold

Master Baiter
Contributor
Mar 13, 2008
We should recruit those NZ sky commentators. So much more colorful than Hadley: "Holding on by the hair of their chunny chun chins!"

Dexter

Dexter

State of Origin Rep
Contributor
Mar 26, 2008
Yeah that was so random, had to laugh though.

The Pearl

The Pearl

NYC Player
Jan 30, 2012
I hope it doesn't rain in Perth this week!
I remember watching this game last year in Perth as well.

The rabbitohs first try from a Sandow? grubber. As soon as it left the boot I said, he's kidding that's going way dead. Then *SPLASH* - it just stopped dead in a puddle and they dived on it for the try...

The drainage (or lack of) was disgraceful.

Anyway, Rabbitohs hitting some good form in early rounds. DTaylor is looking great this year and GI from full back absolutely killed it. I hope he didn't sustain any serious injury. Sam Burgess is playing the house down as well.

If we put in another performance like we did last week, we can expect to get smacked.

Going to be a good challenge for us I think.

Just hoping it's live into QLD!

Ari Gold

Ari Gold

Master Baiter
Contributor
Mar 13, 2008
Is Merritt due back this week Twiztid? The toe injury seemed minor but it's kept him out for at least 5 weeks now.

Broncoman

Broncoman

State of Origin Rep
Oct 9, 2011
We should recruit those NZ sky commentators. So much more colorful than Hadley: "Holding on by the hair of their chunny chun chins!"

Are you kidding those guys are Warriors super fans why would they call a game without them involved. But i do agree on Hadley he is monotone and calls the game like a radio call the style he's used to. Someone tell him we can see the game and we don't need a description of every single play. Voss should've gotten the gig I find him a very good caller. Wally sucks as a commentator though a member of the long list of Sh!t QLD callers.

Broncoman

Broncoman

State of Origin Rep
Oct 9, 2011
I wasn't trying to bring in a NSW V QLD debate simply said Wally doesn't perform as a caller and is just like the other QLD callers that are/were ordinary to listen too.

Browny

Browny

State of Origin Captain
Apr 9, 2008
Ben ikin, Joey, Freddy, Wally, Tim Gilbert..... Awesome commentators

Twiztid

Twiztid

NRL Player
Apr 14, 2009
Is Merritt due back this week Twiztid? The toe injury seemed minor but it's kept him out for at least 5 weeks now.

No word at the moment. One of our friends spoke to him at the Roosters game. He was in a moon boot that day and he said he was still a few weeks. We saw him at Penrith on Sunday but he wasn't in a boot from what we could see. So I guess probably still 2 weeks away. It was a broken toe and probably just one of those prick of an injury to heal, because of the location and the amount of impact that area gets just from walking.

Ari Gold

Ari Gold

Master Baiter
Contributor
Mar 13, 2008
Didn't realize it was as bad as it was, though good from a Broncos perspective that we wont have to face him. Cheers for the info.

Broncoman

Broncoman

State of Origin Rep
Oct 9, 2011
Meritt said to Freddiebyhat he expects to be back in the next 2 weeks, so he could be back on Friday. Better watch out Gagai.

Broncoman

Broncoman

State of Origin Rep
Oct 9, 2011
WTF happened to my post :confused: I simply wrote Freddie and that came up. Oh well forget about and lets discuss Frisay nights game.

Broncoman

Broncoman

State of Origin Rep
Oct 9, 2011
Oh **** whats wrong with my spelling. Oh well this is Broncoman signing off.

Foordy

Foordy

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 4, 2008
Fox Sports News are calling the Rabbitohs one of the most feared attacking sides in the NRL ... lol

S

subsbligh

NRL Captain
Mar 16, 2008
Fox Sports News are calling the Rabbitohs one of the most feared attacking sides in the NRL ... lol

Bit of s stretch but Inglis steam-rolling Coote was a highlight/a worry (as a Broncos supporter)

rnabokov

rnabokov

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008

They bloody are, and are on the improve, and we had better have that fantastic defence we know we have in full flight. Any team with Inglis, Burgess, and Taylor, as well as Sutton (who is finally looking the goods) is not to be under-estimated. Reynolds is also starting to look pretty good.

On the other hand, their defence is still suss and if Gillett, Hodges and Hoffman get enough quality ball we should outscore them.

Broncos by 8

Status
Not open for further replies.

Unread

Active Now

• Gaz
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.