Round 4 - Rabbitohs vs Broncos - Build Up Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
They bloody are, and are on the improve, and we had better have that fantastic defence we know we have in full flight. Any team with Inglis, Burgess, and Taylor, as well as Sutton (who is finally looking the goods) is not to be under-estimated. Reynolds is also starting to look pretty good.

On the other hand, their defence is still suss and if Gillett, Hodges and Hoffman get enough quality ball we should outscore them.

Broncos by 8

Their attack thrives when they're not under pressure. Put them under defensive pressure and they can implode. Not to be underestimated, no. But they should hold no fear for a team that can keep their line together in defence.

If the Broncos can control possession and field position as they did against Newcastle, then yes, should win by 8+.

fact is, if we play well, we win.

I would like the "experts" for once to leave their Souths comments in their head. We don't need any more crap for our season, we get enough of that before the season starts from the Sydney media.

We just need to get out there and win every match with consistent football - solid defence and excellent attack. We beat an off Panthers team, it doesn't mean anything when we play you guys and if our defence folds like a deck of cards and we don't capitalise on our chances.

I would like the "experts" for once to leave their Souths comments in their head. We don't need any more crap for our season, we get enough of that before the season starts from the Sydney media.

We just need to get out there and win every match with consistent football - solid defence and excellent attack. We beat an off Panthers team, it doesn't mean anything when we play you guys and if our defence folds like a deck of cards and we don't capitalise on our chances.

Mate, we're all experts here, and Souths are fair game when it comes to an assessment of their strengths and weaknesses in a game involving the Broncos.

Mate, we're all experts here, and Souths are fair game when it comes to an assessment of their strengths and weaknesses in a game involving the Broncos.

Not people on here, I was talking about the media "experts" saying we are a top 4 team and have one of the best attacking teams in the comp after we had 1 dominating attacking performance against lets face it, a crap team on their day. Panthers look shocked from the first mistake and though they did rally. We were able to keep the scoreboard ticking away from them. We very much could have thrown it away like the Roosters game and many other games before that and then it means nothing to score 30+ points but still loss by 4 points because defence was non existent. We still have a long way to go to be in that league of teams. That is all I am saying.

Not people on here, I was talking about the media "experts" saying we are a top 4 team and have one of the best attacking teams in the comp after we had 1 dominating attacking performance against lets face it, a crap team on their day. Panthers look shocked from the first mistake and though they did rally. We were able to keep the scoreboard ticking away from them. We very much could have thrown it away like the Roosters game and many other games before that and then it means nothing to score 30+ points but still loss by 4 points because defence was non existent. We still have a long way to go to be in that league of teams. That is all I am saying.
Are you sure you're a souths fan?

I don't read Big Pete's post enough to understand the comparison.
Let's put it this way, it's a compliment to you, but not so much for Big Pete...

I don't read Big Pete's post enough to understand the comparison.

Hehe. Big Pete sometimes comes across as going out of his way to be negative about the Broncos, presumably in a quest to seem less one eyed.

Hehe. Big Pete sometimes comes across as going out of his way to be negative about the Broncos, presumably in a quest to seem less one eyed.

I am pretty sure you know how one eyed I am, with our battles over the years. I just can't take another year of talking it up to be disappointed again. Because it just gives fuel for the lol@souffs jokes etc.

The realistic goal I have is the top 8. We just missed it the last 2 years due to a huge injury toll and inconsistent performances across the board. Hopefully we get lucky with all that this year and can give it a good shake up with the new finals system if we get there.

I am pretty sure you know how one eyed I am, with our battles over the years. I just can't take another year of talking it up to be disappointed again. Because it just gives fuel for the lol@souffs jokes etc.

The realistic goal I have is the top 8. We just missed it the last 2 years due to a huge injury toll and inconsistent performances across the board. Hopefully we get lucky with all that this year and can give it a good shake up with the new finals system if we get there.
Ahh, that's more like it! :haha:

Ahh, that's more like it! :haha:

Quiet you. My prediction is pretty tame and every fan wants their team to make the finals and hopefully perform when there. At round 3, there is a long way to go to even have a chance. The first 3 rounds shows some positive signs and plenty of negative signs but we are no where near as good as the "experts" are saying. If we put that effort in every week then it is a different story.

Anyways this match is going to be a real test and I hope we can build off the first 3 rounds.

Nobody doubts your passion for souths, mate :-)

Well at least it's looking like a dry track in Perth for Friday nights game .....

... that should guarantee some free-flowing footy :smile:

Hopefully we can roll them over up the middle of the ruck, but i think that will be where they try and attack us as well.

Our marker D has to be on the ball all night.

I've secretly wanted Souths to succeed for a few years now. :smile:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Unread

Active Now

• Broncosarethebest
  • TonyTheJugoslav
  • heartly87
  • Tim K
  • Big Del
  • Scdeac
  • Fitzy
  • leon.bott
  • Mightybroncs2k17
  • Battler
  • mystico
  • mrslong
  • Galah
  • Brocko
  • MrMoore
  • eazy-duzzit
  • Johnny92
  • Foordy
  • TwoLeftFeet
... and 4 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.