PRE-GAME Round 4 - Roosters vs Broncos

Bird was also a right side premiership winning centre before coming to broncos. Players change and adapt when need be.
Oh 100%, and that definitely has to happen long term. I just don't think vs Roosters in Sydney is the best place to trial fairly big changes like that. Let's see what happens!

Oh 100%, and that definitely has to happen long term. I just don't think vs Roosters in Sydney is the best place to trial fairly big changes like that. Let's see what happens!

And staring the year against storm is great time to put Gillette in a completely different position.

And staring the year against storm is great time to put Gillette in a completely different position.
Never said it was? Just giving you my personal opinions mate, I can't speak for our coach.

Really? I don't see it. I don't think he's any different to McGuire.

Maybe. I think he has shown enough when playing there in the past that he has what it takes in the position. He isn't really an impact forward, he is someone who gets better the longer he is out there. He could play 80 at 13.

Jake Friend will be playing next week.

One thing we have going for us, if Parramatta are troubling them, we sure as hell can

Holy mackeral what a difference it makes to a side having a dynamic fullback like Tedesco tearing it up at every opportunity. He threatens everytime he has the ball in his hands. Makes our Darry B look a bit like a drunken turtle with his kick-returns in comparison.

Surely keary will be suspended for that atrocious chicken wing tackle he did at the start of the game..

Hahahahaha yeah as if....

Last edited:
The problem we now have with a 1-2 record (which is by no means the end of the world) is that at some point we are going to need to buck a broncos trend. Given the 2 losses already (one was very winable) and we face the competition favourites next then throw in the inevitable Melbourne storm loss and at least two losses during state of origin plus the inevitable 30 point flogging no one sees coming from the titans where we just don't turn up for some reason and that's 6 losses and a top 4 spot ultimately gone.

Winning this game will be huge given Hass comes back in round 5 and the team should start to gel better and hit there straps. A 1-3 start to the season im my opinion would ultimately end our top 4 hopes unless we can turn around the trends from previous seasons which i mentioned above.

So assuming all that, but assuming we win all the rest, 36 points won't be enough for a top four spot? You know the Roosters won the minor premiership with 34 points last year, right?

You're a harsh marker... You also know we play 24 rounds and we've already played the Storm right?

As to a '30 point flogging no one see coming from the titans' has that ever happened, once?

Last edited:
The problem we now have with a 1-2 record (which is by no means the end of the world) is that at some point we are going to need to buck a broncos trend. Given the 2 losses already (one was very winable) and we face the competition favourites next then throw in the inevitable Melbourne storm loss and at least two losses during state of origin plus the inevitable 30 point flogging no one sees coming from the titans where we just don't turn up for some reason and that's 6 losses and a top 4 spot ultimately gone.

Winning this game will be huge given Hass comes back in round 5 and the team should start to gel better and hit there straps. A 1-3 start to the season im my opinion would ultimately end our top 4 hopes unless we can turn around the trends from previous seasons which i mentioned above.

just to give a bit of perspective ... last year Souths in their first year under Seibold (so having to get used to his style of play) were 2 wins and 3 losses after 5 rounds ... they ended up finishing 3rd

They lost in rounds 1, 2, 5 to the the Warriors (32-20); Panthers (18-14); Dragons (16-12)

they won in rounds 3, 4 against Manly (34-6); Bulldogs (20-16)

I was under the impression they said our final trial against the Titans was part of his ban.
It was, he was named in that team and then the ban was handed down for 4 NRL games and it included the trial game.

Holy mackeral what a difference it makes to a side having a dynamic fullback like Tedesco tearing it up at every opportunity. He threatens everytime he has the ball in his hands. Makes our Darry B look a bit like a drunken turtle with his kick-returns in comparison.
That is a terrible comparison and quite frankly very rude as I’ve seen drunken turtles navigate better than D.Boyd with open space.

Active Now

• Aldo
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.