PRE-GAME Round 4 - Roosters vs Broncos

It was, he was named in that team and then the ban was handed down for 4 NRL games and it included the trial game.

It did not include the trial games.

He was dropped from the trial games because White believed it wouldn't be in the best interests of the club or Haas himself to play the trials after receiving a suspension for 4 NRL games. But the trials did not count as part of the suspension otherwise he would have been available for the Dragons game due to being suspended prior to the second trial.

He does, will be available the week after.

This might be an unpopular opinion after last week and tonight but I hope we stick by Isaako. Some in the post game thread are questioning who is next in line already. I don't know if it's all in his head at this stage or what, he didn't seem the type to me to let last years successes go to his head. I hope he knuckles down and straightens whatever it is, out. At least his radar was back on track tonight.
Fair enough.

But someone should dead-set check Isaako’s online betting account, he must have had $1,000 on Dragons by 1.

Thought it was clear that was tongue-in-cheek, given how poor his performance was (e.g. bombing a certain try, having a bad case of the fumbles etc.).

Maybe he just sucks at rugby league

Maybe he just sucks at rugby league

I wouldn't go that far and he certainly has his worth to the side in his goalkicking alone but he absolutely needs a rocket. The 2nd year syndrome is real for this one.

he had a bad night....no ones perfect....he certainly puts in the effort to execute... the execution wasn't there tho unfortunately :(

2 bad nights in a row ... we can't afford for him to make it 3

2 bad nights in a row ... we can't afford for him to make it 3

The previous week wasn’t the same stuff though. The previous week his goal kicking was shit (the first time in his career so far) but everything else was fine. In fact some of his play at the back saved our arse on a few occasions.

We need to calm down over a couple of games.

The previous week wasn’t the same stuff though. The previous week his goal kicking was shit (the first time in his career so far) but everything else was fine. In fact some of his play at the back saved our arse on a few occasions.

We need to calm down over a couple of games.

No we will not calm down. It’s been 13 years since a premiership.

If they cut the pathetic “basic skill” errors out and just bury their heads and rip in, they can beat anyone...unfortunately the only forward I see willing to do this week in week out is lodge...also special mention Dfafita.

Tpj will play really well “again” because he’ll be trying to up his contract from the rorters. Lol couldn’t help myself #he frustratesthe shit out of me.

Time running out for Seibold’s Generation Next to come of age

MARCH 29, 2019
Anthony Seibold says the Broncos must have a hard look at their takeaways after Thursday night’s loss.
I agree that the players have to watch what they eat but I can’t see how a change from Domino’s to Hungry Jacks is going to alleviate the defensive and handling lapses they showed against the Dragons.
Seems to me the one thing that will do that is time.
And of course that is the one thing they haven’t got.
58376a0a4d6842fde99e7ea8ce090066

Jack Bird, Darius Boys and Alex Glenn show their frustration after a Dragons try. Picture: AAP
The late, great Jack Gibson once said that he didn’t believe in potential.
As he put it, “If a player has got potential I want to know why he’s not using it now.”
By that I think he meant he didn’t have time to wait around for a player to develop. He needed them right then and there.
Anthony Seibold actually has a lot in common with Jack. For starters it takes a bit of practise to work out what he’s saying.
I heard someone this week describe the way that Seibold talks as “speaking in tongues”.
Be that as it may, I’m sure once the players get used to him and his ways, just like Jack, he’ll make a lot of sense.
The problem is, how long is that going to take? Obviously it’s way too early to start ringing the panic button yet. One win from three starts is hardly terminal, but next up is the Roosters.
One from four? Not so good.
But didn’t Wayne Bennett say this was the best pack he ever coached?
Well, Wayne would say that wouldn’t he? Just like he said that Ivan Henjak should take over when he left the Broncos first time around, and Steve Price at the Dragons and Rick Stone at the Knights.
Wayne likes to leave a ticking time bomb in the bottom drawer when he heads out the door.
Which is not to say that the Broncos young guns aren’t big and strong and fast and skilful. They are, but they are also raw.
d63536b4f95d58c9181233586886bb24

Wayne Bennett’s best pack, or just the youngest? Picture: AAP.
Another of Wayne’s former assistant coaches, Anthony Griffin summed it up perfectly when assessing Brisbane chances before the start of this season.
“One of the most difficult things for young forwards to learn in the NRL is how to handle the defensive grind,” he said.
“The mental and physical battle, under fatigue, to keep turning up and repel the attacking team. Can you dominate and pressure them, especially when they’ve had the ball for long periods of time?
“There is no doubt that they will be a handful in attack for any team, but are the likes of Pangai Jnr and Haas etc. going to be able to hold their hands up for long minutes against quality NRL attacking teams for 28 weeks?”
Forget 28 weeks. So far they haven’t been able to do it for two.
After his Mighty Hulk performance against the Taumalolo-less Cowboys in Round 2 Pangai was being measured for his statue outside Suncorp Stadium.
Against the Dragons six days later he was a non-event. The pressure of backing up proved too much, which highlights the Broncos’ biggest issue over the next couple of seasons.
They are heavily loaded with outstanding youngsters who will take up a huge proportion of the salary cap to retain.
When Bennett signed Payne Haas to a multimillion-dollar deal after only four first grade games he threw the Broncos’ long-term successful pyramid salary system out the window. (Another hand grenade?)
3eed56595fa20b5dfbcc5d224a433671

Alex Glenn, Broncos’ best against the Dragons, said to be in the crosshairs. Picture: AAP
Now the club is going to have to jettison experienced players if they are to hang on to the likes of Pangai Jnr.
Said to be first in the crosshairs is Alex Glenn who was Brisbane’s best forward against the Dragons.
Maybe it’s not the takeaways the Broncos should be most concerned about. It’s the stay-at-homes. Source Courier Mail Coleman

Holy mackeral what a difference it makes to a side having a dynamic fullback like Tedesco tearing it up at every opportunity. He threatens everytime he has the ball in his hands. Makes our Darry B look a bit like a drunken turtle with his kick-returns in comparison.

Yeah, see what the return of Turbo did for Manly this weekend. They looked a totally different side.....although it was the warriors.

Active Now

No members online now.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.