PRE-GAME Round 4 - Storm vs Broncos

vs

Kickoff In:

Thursday
Morning
10:00

Team Lists

Watching Isaako‘s two defining plays again I’m beginning to think he might turnout to be our own version of Cronk. Cronk was never a halfback when he started out but applied himself and through sheer determination and dedication he worked on his game and then with a bit of help from Slater, Smith and co he became that ‘manufactured half’ as some like to refer to him.

The amount of time and perseverance Isaako puts into his game kinda reminds me of Cronk’s story. When I read he sat down with Kevvie to workout what else he needed to improve on I was so impressed with his attitude. I hope he does kick on from last week and turns out to be a great FB for us. He deserves it.

Watching Isaako‘s two defining plays again I’m beginning to think he might turnout to be our own version of Cronk. Cronk was never a halfback when he started out but applied himself and through sheer determination and dedication he worked on his game and then with a bit of help from Slater, Smith and co he became that ‘manufactured half’ as some like to refer to him.

The amount of time and perseverance Isaako puts into his game kinda reminds me of Cronk’s story. When I read he sat down with Kevvie to workout what else he needed to improve on I was so impressed with his attitude. I hope he does kick on from last week and turns out to be a great FB for us. He deserves it.
This. I like him as a bloke. He’s had a pretty disruptive start to his career with multiple coaches, halves pairings, injuries, his fathers illness and passing and also Covid.

I hope with some consistency he might be able to improve the areas where he is lacking and become good. The issue is, we don’t have much time for this to occur. This year is his final shot. He should focus on positioning and support play as that really just involves effort and fitness. The passing game can come later.

I've got a weird feeling, and I know it's insane, but with the return of Haas and Lodge I reckon we're gonna give this game a fair shake.

The common theme of our past 5 losses to Melbourne has been the first half. Whenever we've gone into the sheds behind at half time, Melbourne have gone on to blow us away in the 2nd. We need to rattle their cage a bit by winning the first half. If we can do that (especially now that they are facing a third straight loss), I think it can really shake their confidence and give us an opening to steal it in the 2nd half.

Last edited:
Further to my last post, here's some food for thought: The last time we beat Melbourne at AAMI Park (2016), we went into half time with the lead.

I've got a weird feeling, and I know it's insane, but with the return of Haas and Lodge I reckon we're gonna give this game a fair shake.

The common theme of our past 5 losses to Melbourne has been the first half. Whenever we've gone into the sheds behind at half time, Melbourne have gone on to blow us away in the 2nd. We need to rattle their cage a bit by winning the first half. If we can do that (especially now that they are facing a third straight loss), I think it can really shake their confidence and give us an opening to steal it in the 2nd half.
Hope you're right. A victory, by any margin means a fat financial gain. A loss by anything less than 20.5 means a small profit. The only way for me to lose is a 2020 style blowout and I don't think that's going to happen. I hope.🙏

Yep i agree with the consensus that we are getting a bit unrealistic with our expectations of matching the Storm on their turf after they've had two losses.
They might not be at their best currently but they will be primed for a big win here especially after the shit that Bellamy has copped in the media of late.
This why I have hope. Bellamy over thinking things and players having it in their head of an easy expected win.
To the point he never wants to play against them again and is forced to sign with us out of fear
As Thommo said "I'd rather see blood on the pitch than stumps on the ground." Maybe bury him on the first kick, concede the penalty, and then keep rushing him. There is something to be said for old fashion intimadation, especially early in the game where you are fresh.

While it's unlikely we'll be the ones to apply this sort of pressure to Melbourne, there is some reasoning towards getting Bellamy to drop his bundle. Without Smith on the field, they no longer have the composure and dead-pan confidence that they can win any game at any point. Bellamy was able to go apeshit with the team because he knew Smith would pull them in to line on the field, and the team would buy in to the plan. Without that, it's entirely possible Bellamy goes the way of Michael Maguire at Souths - eventually just burning his players out and losing the dressing room.

I'm looking forward to watching Haas and Lodge, and seeing if Isaako can look like an NRL fullback against a good side. But I don't think we win, remember how bad we were for 50% of the match against the Bulldogs?

I think we will get better as the year goes on and the Storm will get worse as the loss of Smith begins to hit home so we'll be a better chance the next time we play.

I'm looking forward to watching Haas and Lodge, and seeing if Isaako can look like an NRL fullback against a good side. But I don't think we win, remember how bad we were for 50% of the match against the Bulldogs?

I think we will get better as the year goes on and the Storm will get worse as the loss of Smith begins to hit home so we'll be a better chance the next time we play.

The next time we play them they will likely have Grant and other back. It’s now or never.

The next time we play them they will likely have Grant and other back. It’s now or never.
Yeah that's true they have some troops out, I just think the longer the season goes the more the shine is going to wear off Melbourne.

Broncos moving from Leichardt Oval to the NSWRL home at Olympic Park today.

Last edited:
Isn't that at Moore Park?

No they have a small centre and training field adjacent to the main stadium.

Nswrl field

Last edited:

Active Now

• bert_lifts
  • Harry Sack
  • Footy Fanatic
  • thenry
  • Financeguy
  • RolledOates
  • Broncosgirl
  • LittleDavey
  • Manofoneway
  • Astro
  • Waynesaurus
  • broncos4life
  • winslow_wong
  • Old Mate
  • MrTickyMcG
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.