PRE-GAME Round 4 - Storm vs Broncos

vs

Kickoff In:

Thursday
Morning
10:00

Team Lists

Am I right in thinking that TPJ is the one actually playing Lock, especially in that Bulldogs game he was floating around all over the place basically being a Tank half.

Asiata was in a pretty bad way a few weeks ago and my understanding is that it's the type of injury you have to manage week to week. Hard enough to get a run as a forward in this team at the best of times with the talent we've got so he's got a battle ahead.

Glad to see Dearden will still be around the footy with no ISC this week and keeping pressure on the halves. Looking forward to Haas and Lodge having a good run as well. Let's go, Broncos!

Asiata was in a pretty bad way a few weeks ago and my understanding is that it's the type of injury you have to manage week to week. Hard enough to get a run as a forward in this team at the best of times with the talent we've got so he's got a battle ahead.

Glad to see Dearden will still be around the footy with no ISC this week and keeping pressure on the halves. Looking forward to Haas and Lodge having a good run as well. Let's go, Broncos!

Yeah, I think the lack of ISC is primarily why Dearden has been elevated. Better a little footy than none.

Also, I hope we stick it to this whinging bastard!

"I don't see that I coach people to go out and maim other players, that's certainly not the case."

Righto Craig, I believe you, just like I believe you weren't aware of your team rorting the salary cap for 5 years. Glad we beat the cheats in 2006 despite their second set of books.

I’d also like to mention Asiatas on going shoulder issue, I’d like to see him fully fit without the risk of him coming on and then having to come back off 10 mins later. Yes I fully realise that it could happen to any sub, but when he’s a middle defender designed to give the big fellas a rest with on going shoulder issues it’s not ideal. (Personally) I’d like to see Croft in 14 as he’s more rugged and can at least give turps a rest if need be, he could also play anywhere in the back line if we’re caught in a pinch, the guy played wing for churchie if I’m not mistaken.

I agree with all of this

part of the reason for Dearden coming onto the bench for Asiata, could very well be to protect him from the Storm's notorious wrestling techniques. players often complain of sore necks following a Storm match. maybe he isn't quite 100% and aren't willing to risk it against this particular team

I’d also like to mention Asiatas on going shoulder issue, I’d like to see him fully fit without the risk of him coming on and then having to come back off 10 mins later. Yes I fully realise that it could happen to any sub, but when he’s a middle defender designed to give the big fellas a rest with on going shoulder issues it’s not ideal. (Personally) I’d like to see Croft in 14 as he’s more rugged and can at least give turps a rest if need be, he could also play anywhere in the back line if we’re caught in a pinch, the guy played wing for churchie if I’m not mistaken.
Yeah I'd say this would inline with their thinking... it could also be him getting comfortable playing with the neck brace and making sure it's not restricting him in any way.

Tate had one but he was a bit of a straight line running center whereas we want Asiata ball playing in the middle

I think we can run with one less forward. Haas, Lodge, TPJ, Carrigan, Te’o and Flegler. 3 middle positions with 240 mins to cover by 6 guys.

There’s no excuse for bench mismanagement (as far as players fatiguing) anymore with Haas and Lodge back

Kevin Walters:

"We don’t expect Payne to be punching out the minutes he was last year. We will play him until he gets tired and make a decision when he gets tired to get him off for a spell then we will get him back on for a stint in the second half. I just feel with the speed of the game now particularly for the big men it becomes quite difficult at times. We want to get the best out of Payne while he is on the field and if he starts to dip with his conditioning we will get him off, give him a spell, wind him back up and send him out again."

If we are actually competitive against the storm, then I'll concede they aren't the same team.

Because by all rights they should do what they normally do to us.
Well they are down a number of injuries already
Like you add Finucane, Grant, Kaufusi and Brenko back in that side it does become a lot better and probably a premiership winning team again

If we give possession away easily we will get punished badly . Now let’s see what they dish out tonight

I’m optimistic for improvement and seeing our middles continue their good form. Cant wait to see Hass again for 2021.

I’m thinking storm by atleast 24+ though, big gap between the spines tonight.

Kevin Walters:

"We don’t expect Payne to be punching out the minutes he was last year. We will play him until he gets tired and make a decision when he gets tired to get him off for a spell then we will get him back on for a stint in the second half. I just feel with the speed of the game now particularly for the big men it becomes quite difficult at times. We want to get the best out of Payne while he is on the field and if he starts to dip with his conditioning we will get him off, give him a spell, wind him back up and send him out again."
Such a breath of fresh air to hear that from Kev after he who shall not be named ‘management’ of Payne and his playing time.

Active Now

• MrTickyMcG
  • kiwi2
  • Foordy
  • Ozired
  • Brocko
  • Mustafur
  • ChewThePhatt
  • bb_gun
  • Xzei
  • Dash
  • bazza
  • Broncosgirl
  • Footy Fanatic
  • teampjta
  • Fozz
  • broncos4life
  • Brett Da Man LeMan
  • Sproj
  • Browny
  • cento
... and 26 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.