Support Play
/ Set Completion /
Penalties (Conceded)
Set Restarts
Errors

Player Stats

# T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT IT Pos DR K KM M E P
# T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT IT Pos DR K KM M E P

Isaako is doing next to nothing on the 5th why not have him kick he has a mighty boot as he demonstrated on the 3rd tackle last night. He should by rights be able to kick a 50/60 - 20 from the back with ease with that boot. But innovation and forward thinking seems well beyond this mob's ken.
He would probably be too busy day dreaming & falcon it.

I thought TPJ was rubbish. He looked like a kid who had thrown a tantrum for getting moved back to the bench and decided he wasn't going to get dirty or play hard in spite.

We needed massive hard and straight runs off the bench from him. What we got was lackadaisical defensive efforts in his opening minutes that resembled a prop who had been out there for 80 mins. And when storm were cramming us in our 10 he made a hospital pass to Niu which lost us metres and another occasion he made a half effort run and offloaded which was useless and premeditated. He did not want to lead from the front or take tough carries when he was fresh.

People complain about him only getting 30mins but it wouldn't surprise me if Kevvie hooked him for his lack of effort.

I think we've improved on last year. Probably more so because we don't have the injuries "yet" that we did last year. Its really hard to pinpoint the issue with us. By rights our forward pack should be matching it with some of the best but they just turn to butter too often. There is no doubting our key positions are lacking.

A large part of me thinks alot of it is psychological. We've shown good periods of play in all of our games but as soon as momentum goes against us we drop the bundle. That to me also suggests lack of leadership. No one stands up behind the try line and reads the riot act to them. Or if they do, they haven't earned the right to à la Cameron smith or Corey Parker.

I really hope Carty pulls Kevvie aside and gives him a tatse of what he did to Chris Johns. He needs to pull his head in over his bench and rotations. Making payne play 70 mins, TPJ 30 min and bringing croft on for 22 mins while leaving turps out there for 80 astounds me. I mean what do you expect croft to do in this roving lock forward utility kind of role? Either replace turps or dont play croft.

Kevvie maybe bronco's favourite son but i can tell you now mismanagement like that and not even the old boys will save him.
I think too much onus has been placed on Haas, Carrigan and Flegler. Young guys that are getting run over in defence. They need to be rotated properly to stay fresh.

TPJ is also not a reliable defender in the middle or on an edge.

It's a total dog's breakfast when we're defending... 3 guys getting caught at marker, running with their back to the ptb, conceding quick ptb. It's easy pickings for a team.

The issue is who do we have that can be relied upon to play 50mins or so in the middle. Lodge should be that guy, but injuries over the last 2yrs have killed any chance to show that. But who do we have after that??

Flegler should be in ISC learning his craft. Haas and Carrigan should be in the 17 playing as part of the supporting cast, but instead they're being relied on to carry the forward pack. It's just not going to work. We probably could make a play for Moose. He plays long minutes and will always take a tough carry. He's reasonably mobile around the middle, although I haven't paid too much attention to his wrestling abilities.

I think our best defender in the middle is possibly Turps only because he leads the line speed and is able to cut guys in half, but we dont have anyone that can win the wrestle and get the ball runner on their back.

Carrigan also goes alright when he is fresh and I think he is our best when it comes to that up top 1v1 strength out of our middle forwards, but after 30mins or so he's fatigued, gets caught at the ruck and then it turns to shit... he needs to be used in 20min stints until his game is up to speed, which should be expected for a young middle forward.

Kevvie has been through the Melbourne system. He saw the state of our defence during Siebold's reign (who also spent time with Bellyache). The first thing that should have been built at our multi-million dollar facilities is a Dojo with a resident master of martial arts. Kevvie should be raising hell to have one added.

Our players should go through the same training as every strom player. They should be drilled relentlessly in the art of wrestling a player to either hold them up or to put them on their back. Furthermore they should also be trained to do this in groups of three and four. It's the only way to slow a team's momentum while allowing your compressed defence to reset. The storm can pick up a mediocre player, put him through the Dojo and then he slots straight into the storm's system of attack and defence and looks almost superhuman. Mind you they also learn to make it look like they're trying to clear the ruck but somehow manage to slow the opposition without being penalised. This happened so often last night that it was not coincidental.

Our guys last night tackled, but they were uncoordinated and invariably one or two of them were left on the ground behind the ruck which lead to huge holes opening up in our line. Part of the problem was fatigue, part of it was lack of fuckin effort, but the fundamental problem is they do not have a defensive blue print that they are all working from. It's hard to put in the extra effort when you don't know where or what area needs that effort. Granted the storm have had years to perfect this, but if we don't bite the bullet and follow soon we are destined to remain a once mighty also ran as our system is far, far inferior to what the top teams are doing now.

Kev has showed enough to indicate he is not smart enough to coach today's game.

We really can't expect much more than this. We are the definition of boys againts men, which is true. Our team is full of kids and our elder players are not leaders. This will last for a few years until our kids grow up and we put some men around them. As we all know, this is a recruitment issue and they need to be held accountable. They are ones that have ruined this club. This is not a coaching problem. Bellamy, Bennett, and Robinson could maybe get another 10% or 20% out of this team but that's about it.

What needs to be done is pick our absolute must have kids of this group and then go to market and buy some old heads that are tough and mentally strong. The kids I would hold onto is - Dearden, Coates, Staggs, Hass, Herbie, Riki. That's it, get rid of the rest and get the remaining some help.

I thought TPJ was rubbish. He looked like a kid who had thrown a tantrum for getting moved back to the bench and decided he wasn't going to get dirty or play hard in spite.

We needed massive hard and straight runs off the bench from him. What we got was lackadaisical defensive efforts in his opening minutes that resembled a prop who had been out there for 80 mins. And when storm were cramming us in our 10 he made a hospital pass to Niu which lost us metres and another occasion he made a half effort run and offloaded which was useless and premeditated. He did not want to lead from the front or take tough carries when he was fresh.

People complain about him only getting 30mins but it wouldn't surprise me if Kevvie hooked him for his lack of effort.
He’s lazy, but I think he’s also gun shy, he’s terrified of getting suspended to the point he has lost all the aggression from his game. He is playing like he’s been neutered, and now all he wants to do is sleep all day.

Its a bit like the Boyd situation. Its not his fault he just isnt the player he was, and i dont think he isnt trying, he just doesnt cut it anymore. The issue is the coach who keeps picking him.
Bullshit. Milford isn’t trying. He isn’t getting involved at all for most of our games for over a year now. I’m sick of the excuses. He’s happy to sit away from the ball and not bother, whilst never improving his defence. I’m done with him.

It’s not just him, but our entire team just doesn’t care. You see our halves get smashed and nobody comes in to protect them, their heads drop and they act like a bunch of pansies. The NRL has suspended the aggressiveness out of this team specifically. I’m over this entire sport if I’m being honest. We have been systematically brought down over the years by the NRL and by our own board. There’s no way it was an accident

Mal Meninga on the last minute Croft/Dearden switch:

“I’m no clearer on his (Walters’) reasoning … do you change your halves when you have a victory?. I hope they (Croft and Dearden) know the reasons, I hope those conversations are going on behind the scenes. The dilemma is when did Tom know he was starting … and when was Brodie told he was on the bench?”

Greg Alexander:

“Your dummy half and halves, they can’t be guessing if they are in the side or not. Kevin is not sure who the best seven and six are and I’m not convinced I know either.”

Kevin Walters:

“I just thought that Tom was pushing his way through there. We had to give him an opportunity. Brodie has been playing good, but it was an opportunity for Tom.”

“That period (Ryan Papenhuyzen's 11 minutes) was damning for us. We have to look at that area. That’s three times this season where the opposition have put on two, three or four quick tries on us … that really hurts.”

McHunt

Look at fucking Glenn's numbers. And this is supposed to be our fucking captain??? The washed up **** wouldn't even make the 17 of any of the top sides.
Glenn annoys me more than anyone on this team. I’ve never seen a second rower get tackled by a halfback more than him. Doesn’t break tackles, doesn’t make any post contact metres, doesn’t lift this team at all, would prefer to post on Instagram with half of the team uninvited to his little pose sessions. He was a bigger problem than anyone else was last year.

And Isaako, look at the effort paps puts in, he doesn’t just magically get the ball at the right time every time, he supports the ball every time for that one in six chance he gets the linebreak. It’s effort, and this side doesn’t have many blokes willing to make it, not once, but consistently throughout the game. That’s why they concede points instead of working themselves into the grind, it’s just easier to roll over and concede more. There’s no way out of it when we don’t have the experienced senior players making the rest accountable for their performance.
Isaako again put us under a lot of pressure. His turning circle was as bad as Oates’ was last night. He’d grab the ball and run sideways. I’d like to say I was disappointed but it’s obvious some of these players are only good for one or two games a year.

Isaako again put us under a lot of pressure. His turning circle was as bad as Oates’ was last night. He’d grab the ball and run sideways. I’d like to say I was disappointed but it’s obvious some of these players are only good for one or two games a year.
Doesn’t like contact, won’t put his body on the line, makes you wonder what all the muscles are for.

Siebold too smart. Kevvie not smart enough. Whats the in between? Do we send Kevvie to Harvard or hit Siebold over the head with a rock?
Definitely hit Siebold over the head with a rock, but it's got nothing to do with improving his coaching.....he just deserves it

Dont know what folk on here expect to be honest....

We have a rookie coach......making rookie mistakes......what do you expect?

Im still certain Kevs been set up to fail, but thats a convo for another day...

I really think Dearden needs ISC time under his belt. I said it prior to this game and im still of this opinion.

We have no halves at the club that can fundamentally change the game anyway.....Deardens not the answer, but neither is anyone else...

Every game this month we play, Reynolds contract keeps rising $100K per week for us......we are seriously stupid if dont enquire about him...

Asiatia, are his injuries systemic? Is that why he isnt starting..? Did we do the Cowboys a favour by taking him..?

TPj starts at lock next game, Carrigan to the bench or ISC; he isnt good enough to be a 13 at this level yet. Kennedy did nothing wrong for mine, he needs to come back.

Find a proper 14 somewhere please for the love of God; Turps is gunna break again at this rate...

Haas and Lodge should be slightly better with another game under their belt...

This is what 6 again brings. Especially when there's only one referee who isn't noticing forward passes, onside and all the shenangians in the ruck (todays example: Walker from the Rabbitohs elbowing someone in the back of the head and stomping on someones leg ). The wrestle hasn't ended. It happens right up until the ref calls held then they drop the guy to the ground.
There's a lot we can do better but the top teams are getting away with a lot.

**** he’s an absolute grub.

Siebold too smart. Kevvie not smart enough. Whats the in between? Do we send Kevvie to Harvard or hit Siebold over the head with a rock?
@broncsgoat already has the rock picked out.

Active Now

No members online now.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.