Support Play
/ Set Completion /
Penalties (Conceded)
Set Restarts
Errors

Player Stats

# T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT IT Pos DR K KM M E P
# T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT IT Pos DR K KM M E P

lol, check the pre game thread. you fellas thought you had a chance. if this, if that....:rofl

I'd probably grab a couple of players who know how to win footy matches. I dunno what we do, but I can't look at this team and be confident it will ever win a premiership. It's bog average top to bottom really.
Premiership? Bloody hell, I’d be happy to just not concede 30+ most weeks.

I can’t look at this team and be confident we’ll win a game, let alone a premiership...

The NRL is getting so predictable I wonder how long betting agencies will keep carrying it? Betting on Storm, Panthers, Rabbits and Roosters most weeks is easy money...
The average winning margin so far this weekend is a fraction under 38 points.

The competition is fundamentally broken right now. It’s like watching the 20 team comp from the late 90’s again.

Someone mentioned it but I wonder at what point the bookies start clamouring for change. All this Vlandys love is starting to show cracks here and there, I think a lot of people are getting to see the NRL is not a good product right now. I’d also love to see the viewing statistics because I imagine they are dropping considerably.

Yep the 6 again rule isn't working as planned. It takes the heat off the refs but half the time nobody except the ref knows why a 6 again was called and once a team gets on a roll they can't be stopped. I believe if they want to keep it the only time the 6 again call should be used is when teams are excessively holding down the attacking player inside their own 20 m zone.

I think your solution is simple.

Just train hard, play hard and party hard.

I am still fuming they didnt play Asiata. He would have been perfect for the game.

Someone mentioned it but I wonder at what point the bookies start clamouring for change. All this Vlandys love is starting to show cracks here and there, I think a lot of people are getting to see the NRL is not a good product right now. I’d also love to see the viewing statistics because I imagine they are dropping considerably.
There was a post on Reddit not too long ago that Fox/Kayo viewers are up due to NRL.
There’s probably a bunch of supporters for Teams that are suddenly doing well as of the new rules. But there a lot more posts saying that the 6 again is extremely biased and not just from Broncos fans (which has been my belief from game one when it was introduced).

I think we've improved on last year. Probably more so because we don't have the injuries "yet" that we did last year. Its really hard to pinpoint the issue with us. By rights our forward pack should be matching it with some of the best but they just turn to butter too often. There is no doubting our key positions are lacking.

A large part of me thinks alot of it is psychological. We've shown good periods of play in all of our games but as soon as momentum goes against us we drop the bundle. That to me also suggests lack of leadership. No one stands up behind the try line and reads the riot act to them. Or if they do, they haven't earned the right to à la Cameron smith or Corey Parker.

I really hope Carty pulls Kevvie aside and gives him a tatse of what he did to Chris Johns. He needs to pull his head in over his bench and rotations. Making payne play 70 mins, TPJ 30 min and bringing croft on for 22 mins while leaving turps out there for 80 astounds me. I mean what do you expect croft to do in this roving lock forward utility kind of role? Either replace turps or dont play croft.

Kevvie maybe bronco's favourite son but i can tell you now mismanagement like that and not even the old boys will save him.

There was a post on Reddit not too long ago that Fox/Kayo viewers are up due to NRL.
There’s probably a bunch of supporters for Teams that are suddenly doing well as of the new rules. But there a lot more posts saying that the 6 again is extremely biased and not just from Broncos fans (which has been my belief from game one when it was introduced).

There you go, that's surprising. I wonder if it is still that way and how long ago that report was. I would imagine that there is always a spike in round 1 and then a drop off but I wonder what the drop off will be this year when for the first time in a long time, 70-75% of the comp are already also rans by round 3.

I’m perplexed by calls to play Croft. He is NOT first grade standard, has a weak kicking game, weak mind, is a turnstile in defence and waste of space on the bench. At least Milford and Dearden show more promise.

Nobody is arguing that Milford is underperforming. At this rate, he’s zero chance of a contract renewal and we just have to wait until it expires. Leaving him out only makes sense if we had other readily viable options in our top 30 squad. It’s not as if the heat isn’t already squarely on Milford and he sure knows it so I question the logic of dropping him for a game or two.

What angered me most on the night is our lack of resilience and fitness (mental and physical) after only 25 minutes. The offloads is what sparked the Papenhuyzen avalanche and we just consistently failed to contain the ball. Our attacking problems pale in comparison to our defensive woes.

I slept on it now and reality is we expected to be outclassed by the Storm, and can only hope for more toughness and improvement against Souths and Panthers.

I am still fuming they didnt play Asiata. He would have been perfect for the game.
I rate him as a signing... not that we sign many players but he has been one of if not the best signing for the club in a long time... much needed experience, he plays smarter not necessarily harder (still puts in effort obviously) and he brings a different dimension to our attack... I thought he was superb against the eels and I don’t remember much from the titans game but I remember him being decent that game as well

Most disappointing aspect is Kevvie folding and bringing Dearden in.

He was never going to change the result and he could've justifiably brought him in for the Souths game after storm destroyed whoever was going to be put in front of them.

I would have held off longer and brought him in for the Panthers game... home game and away from the fucked covid bubble bullshit.

We're going to cop floggings for awhile yet so bringing in one 19yr old at any point isn't going to change anything

The only thing I see that Walters can do for this year is pick a side and stick with it, drilling the basics week in and week out. Forget the results until we actually start working together as a side 'cos we won't start winning until we do.

Mind you, it's a big ask with a weak FB and hooker. I don't think either cut it but then, what options does Walters have? In any case, pick a team and stick to it until we buy a genuine experienced FB and hooker. Neither Isaako nor Turpin are those.

I think if Milford hasn’t found any form by the time Staggs is back. Put Staggs in at 6. The only issue with a Staggs and Dearden halves pairing is neither of them can kick... dearden isn’t the answer...

id try and get Adam Reynolds or maybe someone in super league. We need someone who can kick well and at the moment Milford is by far the best kicker in our squad.

I’d honestly look to get Karmichael Hunt into the team. He would be a better 14 than anyone else we have and would actually show some leadership, he could even be the one that gives us a bit of a kicking game because he has a huge boot.
Isaako is doing next to nothing on the 5th why not have him kick he has a mighty boot as he demonstrated on the 3rd tackle last night. He should by rights be able to kick a 50/60 - 20 from the back with ease with that boot. But innovation and forward thinking seems well beyond this mob's ken.

It’s just pure coincidence that the top four are all Sydney teams.

Active Now

• GCBRONCO
  • Shane Tronc
  • FACTHUNT
  • Manifesto
  • Johnny92
  • MrTickyMcG
  • winslow_wong
  • RolledOates
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.