Player Stats

# T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT IT Pos DR K KM M E P
# T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT IT Pos DR K KM M E P

Socnorb

Socnorb

NRL Captain
Contributor
Aug 5, 2013
Hopefully Hodgo's injury will bring out Kahu's attacking prowess, which has been hampered by the swap with Justin in possession of the ball.

This has imo also been the reason for the lack of support on offloads and general second phase, which are obviously not in Hodgo's range of capabilities with his dodgy hamstrings.

Not a complaint though, as Justin has done some amazing work from that position.

I can't believe there's even talk of losing Kahu. He's 24, and has so much more to offer.
You've got believe port

Last edited:
B

benbarba

U18 Player
Sep 24, 2013
You can't use Glenn's stats to try make Milford look good. Glenn is playing for a contract and a starting spot, he's running lines again (which I have to admit, is probably a move by Bennett and I love it). Any half would be instructed to get Glenn the ball on those lines, it's not a reflection on Milford alone.

And if for those saying I and others are only critical of milf coz we have agendas (as opposed to genuinely believing it, and heaven forbid, us having a valid opinion and perhaps being right) we aren't the only ones. Along with Gould, wally and johns to name a few, other journalists etc are taking note too.

Bitly

for the record, this is the longest stretch of games in his short career that Milford has gone without a try or try assist. How much longer will we have to wait to see him actually do something

You are unbelievable.

How much longer do we have to wait? What about last week where he ran to the line, held his pass beautifully and put Glenn away which lead to the try for Parker. May not have an "official stat" against his name for a try assist there, but that was all Milford.

Let's also remember he is in a new team, new players around him. Seems he is a shy kind of character, cant expect him to waltz in with the confidence to stamp himself all over the game and the players around him right away.

He is doing well, we're 3/4 to start the season and it is a damn sight better with him in the halves than last season.

QUEENSLANDER

QUEENSLANDER

NRL Captain
Mar 4, 2008
You guys are so desperate for Milford to succeed at 6 that if he does anything slightly decent, it's a big story. His pass to Glenn last week was good, but Hoffman occasionally put people in gaps like that too, it wasn't exactly out of this world brilliance. One decent pass in 4 weeks is all he's really done. Hodges has outplayed him in regards to play making so far. Milford is a shadow of himself and not looking that much better than in round 1, only difference is we are winning so "it must be working". He isn't doing anything at 6 that Hoffman, hodges or anyone else could be for that matter.

Manufacturing halves rarely works, I just feel bad for Milford because in most failed attempts (inglis, hayne etc) their coaches realised it wasn't working so moved them back. That's not going to happen at the Broncos, so will he just continue on this mediocrity until he leaves, or we get a new coach? Sure, he will get better, he's a class player, but he's not going to ever have the impact or influence on a game he could in his rightful position. How long u til you guys will see this too? U call me biased and on an agenda, but a lot of you are too. U bring up his 1 line break assist like it was the best thing ever. Get over it. If that's all he has from a month of footy where we are 3 from 4 then that's a MASSIVE worry and a huge back wards step for his career

QUEENSLANDER

QUEENSLANDER

NRL Captain
Mar 4, 2008
can't believe how much dribble is coming out after a win its like you guys want use to lose

Ftr I don't want the Broncos to lose. I cheered them on today and thought we played well for the most part. But there is no reason at all for me to say Milford is playing well, or even looking like playing well. A win for the team doesn't mean the individuals are performing to the best of their abilities. We haven't seen Milford at all this season so far

anyway, sorry to get a bit off topic, this isn't about Milford. But please, come on guys, let's not get carried away and over exaggerate his progression. It's been overstated on this forum because of 1 decent pass in 4 weeks

Last edited:
M

morganmorgan

NYC Player
Mar 9, 2015
Ftr I don't want the Broncos to lose. I cheered them on today and thought we played well for the most part. But there is no reason at all for me to say Milford is playing well, or even looking like playing well. A win for the team doesn't mean the individuals are performing to the best of their abilities. We haven't seen Milford at all this season so far

anyway, sorry to get a bit off topic, this isn't about Milford. But please, come on guys, let's not get carried away and over exaggerate his progression. It's been overstated on this forum because of 1 decent pass in 4 weeks

Haters gonna hate hate hate hate hate.

heartly87

heartly87

NRL Player
May 10, 2014
Im sorry but i think the difference is that some people are actually happy to see milford and the team develop as players. Is he the best 5/8 at this moment no. Does he have the raw talent to be great yes. There are alot of glass half full types on here. We win and its if we played the top teams we dont win. Milf has a good game but he is not a 5/8. Miranta plays well and he should have teleported himself back in goal like hudini.

T

Taylor1921

QCup Player
Apr 18, 2014
Stupidity is in abundance on here.
1. Does anyone on here know the difference between FE and FB if you do take step 2.
2. Five Eight controls the game with kicking and passing, they don't always through the pass to score, they might pass the one before that they've sucked in 2-3 players.
3. If you watch Milford he attracts so many players it's incredible, it's like coaches game plans are to ruin his career.
4. Watch our set play tries that we've score so far, and I guarantee Milford is the guy passing it to hodges for hodges to pass to score or hunt.
5. I'm not saying Milford shouldn't be breaking the line, coz he should be.
6. Give him time, give him confidence and for crying out loud you FANS give him a fucking chance!

Oh and one more thing, Milford was the only player at the raiders with attacking ability, now he's in a team with hunt, hodges, kahu, soon Boyd, And Parker, he's work load we'll be no way near just like Ben Hunt you think Ben Hunt has been as lethal as last year... Hell No! And the reason is, he was our only attacking player!

Last edited:
QUEENSLANDER

QUEENSLANDER

NRL Captain
Mar 4, 2008
Stupidity is in abundance on here.
1. Does anyone on here know the difference between FE and FB if you do take step 2.
2. Five Eight controls the game with kicking and passing, they don't always through the pass to score, they might pass the one before that they've sucked in 2-3 players.
3. If you watch Milford he attracts so many players it's incredible, it's like coaches game plans are to ruin his career.
4. Watch our set play tries that we've score so far, and I guarantee Milford is the guy passing it to hodges for hodges to pass to score or hunt.
5. I'm not saying Milford shouldn't be breaking the line, coz he should be.
6. Give him time, give him confidence and for crying out loud you FANS give him a fucking chance!

Oh and one more thing, Milford was the only player at the raiders with attacking ability, now he's in a team with hunt, hodges, kahu, soon Boyd, And Parker, he's work load we'll be no way near just like Ben Hunt you think Ben Hunt has been as lethal as last year... Hell No! And the reason is, he was our only attacking player!

Stupidity is in abundance, you are right, because there's only a handful on this board that can see Milford is being used wrong.

Its hilarious you mention that a 6 controls a game with kicking and passing and then u seem to be an advocate for milf at 6. you are right in that milf is attracting lots of defenders, but are you trying to say Milford is controlling the game with his kicking and passing? If so, include yourself in the stupidity. His passing game has been average so far, especially today (yes yes I know, he put Glenn in a gap once...yay). The pass he threw for maranta today was embarrassing. And his kicking game? Apart from maybe 2 decent grubbers this year, he hasn't really done much off the boot. Did u see his cracking kick that went out on the full today? Fair enough, defend what you think, but don't call me stupid then try say Milford is "controlling the game". That's just fucking stupid and I actually don't think any of the biggest Milford at 6 / Bennett fans would agree with u on that.

Of course I don't think Bennett is playing him out of position to stifle or ruin Milford, but none of us can rule out that he would never consider playing him fullback because a certain favourite of his has a mortgage on that position.

Last edited:
Dexter

Dexter

State of Origin Rep
Contributor
Mar 26, 2008
You guys are so desperate for Milford to succeed at 6 that if he does anything slightly decent, it's a big story. His pass to Glenn last week was good, but Hoffman occasionally put people in gaps like that too, it wasn't exactly out of this world brilliance. One decent pass in 4 weeks is all he's really done. Hodges has outplayed him in regards to play making so far. Milford is a shadow of himself and not looking that much better than in round 1, only difference is we are winning so "it must be working". He isn't doing anything at 6 that Hoffman, hodges or anyone else could be for that matter.

Manufacturing halves rarely works, I just feel bad for Milford because in most failed attempts (inglis, hayne etc) their coaches realised it wasn't working so moved them back. That's not going to happen at the Broncos, so will he just continue on this mediocrity until he leaves, or we get a new coach? Sure, he will get better, he's a class player, but he's not going to ever have the impact or influence on a game he could in his rightful position. How long u til you guys will see this too? U call me biased and on an agenda, but a lot of you are too. U bring up his 1 line break assist like it was the best thing ever. Get over it. If that's all he has from a month of footy where we are 3 from 4 then that's a MASSIVE worry and a huge back wards step for his career

You do mean Ryan Hoffman, right?

QUEENSLANDER

QUEENSLANDER

NRL Captain
Mar 4, 2008
You do mean Ryan Hoffman, right?

Im sure he has put a player through a gap once too! Better make him the Warriors new five eighth.

Reminds me though, we contained him well today. The first team to hold him out this year. Big effort IMO

rnabokov

rnabokov

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
Whatever Milford is or is not, might be or not, when he has room to run he is lethal. At the moment, he has no real running game, so we are seeing only part of his skills, and hope every time he gets the ball, magic will happen (I do...) but we want a different sort of magic, the magic of a great 5/8. That's not going to happen for a while until he learns to read a game instead of trying to break it open more often than not.

I for one want to see Milf run with the ball to the point he has a bit of space to move rather than have the defence set and ready and waiting for him, knowing exactly where he is, and that he has far less room to move to be his lethal self.

Oppositions must love it that he is not playing FB.

lynx000

lynx000

State of Origin Rep
Contributor
Jul 28, 2008

I have to say I think that the bolded part is just utter crap and derived from an agenda not against Milford but against the coach (and that is only my opinion). Milford has shown more in four weeks in the position than Hoffman did in all of his games. Firstly, he has shown that he is willing to pass, something Hoffman struggled to do. He has shown he has vision, something Hoffman completely lacked. Not everything he has attempted has come off, but on a couple of occasions that has not been his fault and simply bad luck. With the bounce of the ball going our way we could have had 2-3 more tries from adventurous play and kicks from Milford. So I have to agree to disagree with you. It is going to get a bit monotonous if we hear this after every game. Even Lockyer took some time to adjust to the position, I think you are far too early to call Milford a failure and death ride him that he will not succeed. I prefer to sit back and analyse his performances with an open mind each week and wait for a reasonable amount of time before passing judgment, but different strokes for different folks I guess.

QUEENSLANDER

QUEENSLANDER

NRL Captain
Mar 4, 2008
I have to say I think that the bolded part is just utter crap and derived from an agenda not against Milford but against the coach (and that is only my opinion). Milford has shown more in four weeks in the position than Hoffman did in all of his games. Firstly, he has shown that he is willing to pass, something Hoffman struggled to do. He has shown he has vision, something Hoffman completely lacked. Not everything he has attempted has come off, but on a couple of occasions that has not been his fault and simply bad luck. With the bounce of the ball going our way we could have had 2-3 more tries from adventurous play and kicks from Milford. So I have to agree to disagree with you. It is going to get a bit monotonous if we hear this after every game. Even Lockyer took some time to adjust to the position, I think you are far too early to call Milford a failure and death ride him that he will not succeed. I prefer to sit back and analyse his performances with an open mind each week and wait for a reasonable amount of time before passing judgment, but different strokes for different folks I guess.

I appreciate the discussion as opposed to the others that just say I'm stupid etc. I do hate Bennett, but my Milford related posts are not Bennett related. If he came to us and played 6 under griffin I would feel the same. Bennetts love for Boyd means there is basically no chance of milf moving to fb, but in general, when I post about Milford at 6 it is not with Bennett hating on my mind. justwant to clear that up

my reference to Hoffman was not to suggest he is a better 6 etc, but to highlight that even Hoffman put ppl in gaps sometimes. Milford putting Glenn through last week doesn't prove he is a 6, nor does it prove he's getting better. Hell, did u guys see the cutout kasiano through to Rona on the weekend? Dream ball, but he's not a 6. So what I'm saying is, any player can put a player through a gap, it doesn't mean the move to 6 is successful.

Also, Hoffman is nowhere near as talented as Milford, so for people comparing how we want with Hoffman at 6 to how we go with Milford at 6 is just silly. It was always, always going to be an improvement, but again, that doesn't mean the positional change is a success. It just means we got a better player!

Again, let me reiterate, I'm not calling Milford a failure, And I think he will go on to be a decent half BUT he won't ever be the player he was going to be had he played fullback for another 5 or so years before moving to the halves. It's clear his vision, passing and kicking game is still in its infancy. He could use a few more years developing that (like Lockyer did) before he moves to the halves. His real strength is his running game which we are not seeing at 6.

broncos4life

broncos4life

International Captain
Forum Staff
Oct 5, 2011
I appreciate the discussion as opposed to the others that just say I'm stupid etc. I do hate Bennett, but my Milford related posts are not Bennett related. If he came to us and played 6 under griffin I would feel the same. Bennetts love for Boyd means there is basically no chance of milf moving to fb, but in general, when I post about Milford at 6 it is not with Bennett hating on my mind. justwant to clear that up

my reference to Hoffman was not to suggest he is a better 6 etc, but to highlight that even Hoffman put ppl in gaps sometimes. Milford putting Glenn through last week doesn't prove he is a 6, nor does it prove he's getting better. Hell, did u guys see the cutout kasiano through to Rona on the weekend? Dream ball, but he's not a 6. So what I'm saying is, any player can put a player through a gap, it doesn't mean the move to 6 is successful.

Also, Hoffman is nowhere near as talented as Milford, so for people comparing how we want with Hoffman at 6 to how we go with Milford at 6 is just silly. It was always, always going to be an improvement, but again, that doesn't mean the positional change is a success. It just means we got a better player!

Again, let me reiterate, I'm not calling Milford a failure, And I think he will go on to be a decent half BUT he won't ever be the player he was going to be had he played fullback for another 5 or so years before moving to the halves. It's clear his vision, passing and kicking game is still in its infancy. He could use a few more years developing that (like Lockyer did) before he moves to the halves. His real strength is his running game which we are not seeing at 6.

I disagree with nearly everything you say, but I'm not going there again.

I just need to clear something up, no one calls you stupid like you claim.

How dare you say people call you stupid etc. when not even 10 posts earlier you lead with 'Stupidity is in abundance'.

Get over yourself.

Marty Deutschmann

Marty Deutschmann

NRL Captain
Oct 23, 2013

QUEENSLANDER, you're just wrong. Hahahahahaha k bye

Active Now

• Cavalo
  • Fozz
  • Bucking Beads
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.