Team Lists

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sproj

Sproj

Immortal
Senior Staff
Sep 6, 2013
It is so funny that Melbourne just have this production line of 9s - Smith -> Friend -> Hinchcliffe -> Kostjaysn -> Smith -> Grant -> Wishart

There are a LOT of good 'uns in there and we somehow end up with Turpin.

Sproj

Sproj

Immortal
Senior Staff
Sep 6, 2013
I just can't believe there have been no changes.

Have any players improved under Kevvie?

Its definitely arguable and clutching at straws but MAYBE Herbie, Patty and Jordy. Again, I'm clutching at straws. Compare to Raw Bones at the Sharks and like EVERYONe has improved. Talakai is an absolute weapon. Meanwhile Staggs is a used shell.

BooKhaki

BooKhaki

NRL Player
Sep 16, 2020
I’m becoming very disgruntled.

im still not sure what the thought process was with extending Kevin so early.
Appeasing the old boys and trying to show off signs of confidence and strength.

P

pagey

State of Origin Rep
Aug 19, 2013
It is so funny that Melbourne just have this production line of 9s - Smith -> Friend -> Hinchcliffe -> Kostjaysn -> Smith -> Grant -> Wishart

There are a LOT of good 'uns in there and we somehow end up with Turpin.
because they concentrate on their spine first and foremost , which seems one area we struggle with. Smith, Cronk and Slater have helped and wil continue to help sway young prospects to want to work under their tutelage, throw in Bellamy and it's almost impossible to give up if they come calling.

P

pagey

State of Origin Rep
Aug 19, 2013

what does it even matter if he gas a contract or not , i doubt the money would be huge so the positive of backing him even if he fails would be worth the money.

Sproj

Sproj

Immortal
Senior Staff
Sep 6, 2013

I get it to be honest. Provide an idea of stability but also have the knowledge (and hopefully clauses) there that mean if he ends up ending up in the bottom 4, he hasn't met his KPIs despite the full backing of the board. He also isn't on a stupid Seibold-esque deal, so removing him isn't going to cost that much with a pay out. I am also hoping that it is buying Donuts and Ikin time to survey the field to identify who the long term coach will be. Hopefully they are looking at all other clubs' assistants, Super League and Q Cup / NSW Cup, etc.

E

Evander

NYC Player
Apr 6, 2021
Throw in Ezra I seriously don’t even care anymore. He can spark our attack. Put Walters into the 9 and paix at 14 that’s some attacking footy

Morepudding

Morepudding

NRL Captain
Dec 16, 2015
Thank god Paix is finally in the team. Was arguably the most impressive throughout the trials. Hopefully he gets decent minutes and takes that hooker spot off Turpin. At some stage this year I’d like to see Paix starting with Billy as the sub and Ezra in at 6 with Reynolds. Really think moving away from Turpin is the future, especially given he isn’t signed past this year.

vertigo

vertigo

State of Origin Rep
Mar 2, 2010
Throw in Ezra I seriously don’t even care anymore. He can spark our attack. Put Walters into the 9 and paix at 14 that’s some attacking footy
Wouldn't want to shake up a losing team.

🤦‍♂️

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Aldo
  • Ondi
  • Locky's Left Boot
  • Cavalo
  • Big Del
  • Justwin
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.