vs

Kickoff In:

Thursday
Morning
10:00

Team Lists

Status
Not open for further replies.
I see you haven't watched the last 2 games.

Did you see our previous two games the last time we beat the Roosters? We had 50 put on us.

After today's "efforts" (and I use that term very loosely) I dont think too many people would begrudge kevie if he made several squad changes.

Tesi's lack of urgency at the back to field grubbers behind the line really annoyed me and oates had to save him twice. Although tesi stayed around the play the ball, he never put himself in a position to receive an offload. In the second half, hetherington made a half break and turned around to find someone, and no one was there.

I know the criticism of herbie at fullback is the lack of ball skill but I would get him watching tape of papenhuyzen who is not a noted ball player but excels because of his fitness, high involvement and following the ball (all of which herbie is capable of). He is also much better under the high ball than our existing back 3.

If we want a player to do that sweeping play to get the 3 on 2, we could use the halves to do that.

I have had a soft spot for turpin but he is just not good enough. His poor service was slow and resulted in forwards reaching above or behind them so they did not get any momentum/run onto the ball. He offers no deception so our attack is even more predictable.

Remember the time the Roosters put 58 & 59 points on us in a season.

remember last year when we were a complete rabble and still beat the comfortably in the first game and only BS challenge stopped us from the sweep

I need to do another team list for self-comforting purposes:

1. Farnworth
2. Oates
3. Lee
4. Cobbo
5. Pereira
6. Gamble
7. Reynolds
8. Palasia
9. Paix
10. Haas
11. Capewell
12. Riki
13. Hetherington

14. Walters
15. Kennedy
16. James
17. Robati

This is on the proviso Flegler and Carrigan are out. I am so not wanting to keep Cobbo in there, honestly but we need Niu and Staggs gone more. The other option is to dump Cobbo and give Hoeter the shot, I am ok with this too.

Roosters cant beat us. Not no way, not no how.
lisa edelstein relief GIF

Flegler should be close to our best forward after Haas, but he makes the Burger bros and TPJ look like rocket scientists in comparison. I'm sick of this guy giving away penalties, dropping the ball and getting suspended.
In regards to next weeks team, can anyone really see Niu or Turpin being dropped?

Here’s my team for what it’s worth:

1. Niu
2. Cobbo
3. Staggs
4. Farnsworth
5. Oates
6. Walters
7. Reynolds
8. Palasia
9. Paix
10. Haas
11. Capewell
12. Riki
13. Hetherington

14. Gamble
15. James
16. Jensen
17. Robati

Here’s my team for what it’s worth:

1. Niu
2. Cobbo
3. Staggs
4. Farnsworth
5. Oates
6. Walters
7. Reynolds
8. Palasia
9. Paix
10. Haas
11. Capewell
12. Riki
13. Hetherington

14. Gamble
15. James
16. Jensen
17. Robati

Unfortunately that’s the team I’m expecting. We will get beaten by 30+ on effort and willingness alone. The team needs a huge attitude adjustment and fast or we are staring down the barrel of a 2-5 start to the season

1. Fansworth
2. Oates
3. Lee
4. Staggs
5. Mead
6. Gamble
7. Reynolds
8. Haas
9. Paix
10. Palasia
11. Capewell
12. Riki
13. Hethrington
14. Walters
15. James
16. TC robati
17. Fleglar (if not suspended or probably going to have to be Kennedy)

Cobbo needs to go back to QCUP and get some game awareness and some confidence back. The kid just thinks he can run around people like it’s under 8’s and he has released so much pressure the past 4 games by not cutting back in field and being taken over the sideline.

I’d like to see staggs stand deeper and get the ball earlier in attack. He has received several hospital passes the last 2 games and he has been smashed. It can’t be doing his confidence any good. I honestly don’t think he is too far off. He just needs to have one good run and he will be back.

Nui for me can’t be in the side. If we are serious about this team and holding people to account then he needs to go. I’m yet to see one thing in his game that makes me think he is even a qcup fullback. He just doesn’t have it and he is a liability at the back. The pass to nobody on the 5th tackle yesterday says to me that this guy has a pea for a brain and just isn’t first grade material. We need to release him ASAP if possible.

Turpin tackles all day but his attack is dreadful. His passses aren’t crisp enough and Reynolds is constantly having to reach up high for the ball resulting in the entire play breaking down from that point. He doesn’t run the ball enough and never takes advantage of a quick play the ball. This is the area that is letting us down the most IMO.

Id bring gamble in to play 6 because we need somebody who looks like they actually care about the jersey. He seems like a leader on the field and we need somebody that the other guys want to follow. His defence is really good and so is his kick chase. He puts in on the field and that’s what we need at the moment. Gamble can probably cover the backrow too which means he can play 13 and Walters can slot into 6 later in the game if need be.

Lots of people keep saying changes aren’t good because it’ll disrupt the team.

Ahh, have you seen how clunky and disorganised we are in attack and brittle and confused we are in defence?!?

I don’t want us to name a completely new 17, but dropping some of the team handbrakes can’t hurt.

Turpin is supposed to be amazing at defence, and sure, he gets through a lot of tackles. But we had absolutely zero line speed yesterday and the week before. Shouldn’t he be leading this, at least in the middle? Let’s not even mention his abysmal attack.

Why did we buy Lee if we’re just going to let Staggs put in horror show after horror show? Lee is no world beater, but at least he knows what winning feels like and has performed at the highest level.

Cobbo is seriously lost next to Staggs and seems massively down on confidence. I do think he has huge upside, but why not bring in Jordan P so Cobbo can go back and tear some teams apart in QCup?

As for Niu, I defended him in his first season, but he’s stupid and lazy, I am just not sure which one he’s more guilty of. Makes a break, has Farnworth trailing, doesn’t even look for support. I’ve been saying we should put Farnworth at the back for at least a year and cannot see any way this wouldn’t be an improvement.

With Flegler likely to be suspended until his grandkids are lacing on boots (even though only one tackle is worth a look), bring in Jensen.

And just on Jensen, how the hell weren’t we allowed to activate him as 18th man yesterday. We lost Carrigan to a reportable offence / foul play. Unless I’ve got it wrong, isn’t that exactly what the 18th man is for?

**** the NRL is a joke!!!

1. Fansworth
2. Oates
3. Lee
4. Staggs
5. Mead
6. Gamble
7. Reynolds
8. Haas
9. Paix
10. Palasia
11. Capewell
12. Riki
13. Hethrington
14. Walters
15. James
16. TC robati
17. Fleglar (if not suspended or probably going to have to be Kennedy)

Cobbo needs to go back to QCUP and get some game awareness and some confidence back. The kid just thinks he can run around people like it’s under 8’s and he has released so much pressure the past 4 games by not cutting back in field and being taken over the sideline.

I’d like to see staggs stand deeper and get the ball earlier in attack. He has received several hospital passes the last 2 games and he has been smashed. It can’t be doing his confidence any good. I honestly don’t think he is too far off. He just needs to have one good run and he will be back.

Nui for me can’t be in the side. If we are serious about this team and holding people to account then he needs to go. I’m yet to see one thing in his game that makes me think he is even a qcup fullback. He just doesn’t have it and he is a liability at the back. The pass to nobody on the 5th tackle yesterday says to me that this guy has a pea for a brain and just isn’t first grade material. We need to release him ASAP if possible.

Turpin tackles all day but his attack is dreadful. His passses aren’t crisp enough and Reynolds is constantly having to reach up high for the ball resulting in the entire play breaking down from that point. He doesn’t run the ball enough and never takes advantage of a quick play the ball. This is the area that is letting us down the most IMO.

Id bring gamble in to play 6 because we need somebody who looks like they actually care about the jersey. He seems like a leader on the field and we need somebody that the other guys want to follow. His defence is really good and so is his kick chase. He puts in on the field and that’s what we need at the moment. Gamble can probably cover the backrow too which means he can play 13 and Walters can slot into 6 later in the game if need be.
I think this is the team I’d run out too. Though Staggs is on very thin ice. Niu looked better than previous games so I could also justify keeping him at one, Herbie at centre, and Lee for Staggs.

Some scary numbers:
Cobbo and Staggs have combined 28 errors in 4 rounds. The entire team has 50.

2 players have been responsible for over 50% of the teams errors. They’ve also conceded the most tries. The right edge needs to be burned to the ground.

Seeing as the team have decided over the last fortnight that they will only turn up when they feel up to it, I may live by that same mantra.

Went to the first 2 home games, definitely won’t be putting my hand up to go this Friday as I am ‘not up to it’

I think this is the team I’d run out too. Though Staggs is on very thin ice. Niu looked better than previous games so I could also justify keeping him at one, Herbie at centre, and Lee for Staggs.

Some scary numbers:
Cobbo and Staggs have combined 28 errors in 4 rounds. The entire team has 50.

2 players have been responsible for over 50% of the teams errors. They’ve also conceded the most tries. The right edge needs to be burned to the ground.

I suspect Kevvie isn't much into data though. That said, even the eye test can tell you that what should be one of our greatest strengths with those two on the right is by FAR the biggest weakness of this side through the first month. Time to make them accountable.

Not surprising, Cobbo and Staggs have the honour of 1st and 2nd place for most errors in the comp.

Cobbo with an insane 17 errors in 4 games
Staggs with 11.

3rd place, with almost half the errors Cobbo has, is C Walker and A Johnston both on 9.

Staggs is tied at 6th for most missed tackles.

Time for Lee and Mead.

Niu can't be in the side. He offers absolutely nothing. it's such a crucial position and he has never looked comfortable in any facet of the game. No spark, can't tackle, can't catch, no awareness,, no urgency. He is one of the most "out of their depth" players I have ever seen. Niu makes Isaako look like a distinguished member of Mensa.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• KateBroncos1812
  • RolledOates
  • Alec
  • leon.bott
  • The Boss
  • Battler
  • Financeguy
  • Rambstien
  • Clintos
  • Wolfie
  • Xzei
  • Jedhead
... and 2 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.