10:00

Team Lists

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jason Simmons

Jason Simmons

NRL Captain
Apr 18, 2013
Unfortunately that’s the team I’m expecting. We will get beaten by 30+ on effort and willingness alone. The team needs a huge attitude adjustment and fast or we are staring down the barrel of a 2-5 start to the season
Remember the last time we won the opening two games of the season and we were all thinking things were going well, and then we started losing and basically didn’t stop, until the coach had to eventually fall on his sword and we ended up having, our worst ever season…

This year feels the same, so far…

😔

McHunt

McHunt

International Rep
Contributor
Aug 25, 2018
I think Herbie just tries more than Niu. Does more work which people appreciate
No one tries harder than Jake Turpin, and he's the most vilified player on the team.

winslow_wong

winslow_wong

International Captain
May 27, 2013
No one tries harder than Jake Turpin, and he's the most vilified player on the team.
No one can fault turpins efforts in defence but he’s not providing enough in attack as a spine player. Niu can be seen often jogging to a loose ball or covering a kick.

McHunt

McHunt

International Rep
Contributor
Aug 25, 2018
Remember the last time we won the opening two games of the season and we were all thinking things were going well, and then we started losing and basically didn’t stop, until the coach had to eventually fall on his sword and we ended up having, our worst ever season…

This year feels the same, so far…

😔
I also remember 2005 where we finished the season on 7 straight losses and then the next year lost 7 out of 9 matches in a row before we went on to win the premiership.

McHunt

McHunt

International Rep
Contributor
Aug 25, 2018
No one can fault turpins efforts in defence but he’s not providing enough in attack as a spine player. Niu can be seen often jogging to a loose ball or covering a kick.
My only point is there's only one player on the team you're not allowed to criticize.

Jason Simmons

Jason Simmons

NRL Captain
Apr 18, 2013
I also remember 2005 where we finished the season on 7 straight losses and then the next year lost 7 out of 9 matches in a row and then went on to win the premiership.
I remember we actually had some stars in our team then too…

TimWhatley

TimWhatley

QCup Player
Dec 1, 2019
1. Farnworth
2. Oates
3. Staggs
4. Brenko
5. Pereira
6. Gamble
7. Reynolds
8. Haas
9. Walters
10. Palasia
11. Capewell
12. Riki
13. Hetherington

14. Paix
15. Jensen
16. Robati
17. Kennedy/James

Never done a list before but surely this side has a bit more energy and running power compared to what Kevvie has been picking.

The only question mark is Herbie at fullback. His running, support, catching and defensive desperation would all be better than what Niu offers. His positioning and ball playing might be worse but are those skills helping us atm?

We need more metres, I think this team would do that.

Dash

Dash

State of Origin Rep
Contributor
Dec 12, 2014
Tesi scored 8 tries in 16 games. Herbie scored 3 tries in 20.

Only one of those players has immunity from criticism. A shower of shit will rain down on your head if you dare. Trust me on that.
Herbie scored 4 in 4 games. Tesi scored 0 in 3.

Irrelevant stats are fun.

McHunt

McHunt

International Rep
Contributor
Aug 25, 2018
Herbie scored 4 in 4 games. Tesi scored 0 in 3.

Irrelevant stats are fun.
I disagree. Herbie was on fire against the Bulldogs and Cowboys and won our player of the round both weeks. Tesi has disappointed since his return from injury. The stats are very relevant.

lynx000

lynx000

State of Origin Rep
Contributor
Jul 28, 2008
Confirmed Lisfranc foot injury. Could end his season, or very close to it. He's 31, hasn't extended and is expected to make way for Ezra Mam.

What's the typical Lisfranc injury recovery time? It depends on the severity of the injury, but it can often mean a minimum 6-12 weeks of wearing a moonboot or a cast, followed by months of rehabilitation and physical therapy.

Sounds like he will be gone for the season.

W

WASSHHH

Aug 24, 2017
If I even say his name heads will explode. @JAHHW will come down on me like a semi trailer of bananas.
You can criticise whoever you like. If it’s accurate, I won’t say a thing.

If it’s absolute BS, like your crusade last year to turn every thread into a ‘Herbie doesn’t pass’ thread, I’ll call you out on it.

porouian

porouian

QCup Player
Mar 10, 2008
The only bit of hope left is that capewell and riki coming back helps.

Palasia and robati aren't first graders.

Disagree on Palasia, thought he had a really good game first up against Souths (16 runs, 137 metres, 31 tackles in 56 minutes) and was good against the Dogs (9 runs, 89 metres, 23 tackles in 42 minutes) and across both games he only made 1 error and conceded 0 penalties. I think he was a pretty big contributor to the platform we laid on up the middle in those games. Started solidly last week but moving him to the edge was asking a bit much on top of it, and then he obviously had his struggles this week. Think he offers a lot more than James does starting up front while Carrigan is out.

BroncosFever

BroncosFever

State of Origin Rep
Jun 6, 2014
This will be interesting, our best games last year were games like this where we next to no chance.

holdzy

holdzy

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
May 5, 2016
Haas going to have that Ramadan energy, motm

Status
Not open for further replies.

Unread

Active Now

• Hurrijo
  • BruiserMk1
  • Mustafur
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.