Support Play
/ Set Completion /
Penalties (Conceded)
Set Restarts
Errors

Player Stats

# T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT IT Pos DR K KM M E P
# T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT IT Pos DR K KM M E P

I'm surprised JWH wasn't penalised (or put in the bin) for that knee twist on Oates. If anything it was worse than the one on James and it happened while the Broncos were in possession. If that was one of our players they'd be off the field and out for 4 weeks. Those efforts can cost a player their career, there is no defending it. But it will be mentioned briefly in passing over the weekend and then nothing will come of it.
And his forearm the back of the head last week. He should have been suspended tonight

Huge improvement from Staggs and Cobbo. Oates and Staggs were massive.

I have big issues with the JWH efforts. He was pulled up 2-3 times by the ref for grabbing players in the ruck and dragging down. He targeted the knees of 2 players, and should absolutely cop a suspension from that. Pretty disgusting when a bloke intentionally attempts to injure another player.

Would love to go on about how good we did look and just got let down by a select few spud players but lets be honest here, this has been the story of the broncos the last fear years. And I for one am tired of reading it or saying it my self.

The whole "play like that and we win more than we loose"

The problem is we seem to always put in these performances against teams that we dont expect to win but then against the mid to bottom tier teams we go back to playing like absolute spuds.

Just for once would love to see a performance like that every game but it just feels we are going around in circles these last few years and you just start to wonder when or if things will start to change.

its game 4 now and I Don't really know if we are any better or worse then last year, it just seams like more of the same.

I think I just finally feel defeated which is odd considering we actually played alright. I just have zero reason to believe that we wont regress back to the shit we dished up last week and the week before once we are not playing the top 4 teams.

That is my concern. This weeks performance was all for nothing in Penrith out 30+ on us next week.

I have no faith whatsoever that we are improving until I see several performances in a row like that.

My heart tells me we are improving but my heads tells me we get flogged next week and the week after. I’ve been let down far too many times by this team lately to believe in them at the moment

I'm not sure whether to be happy or pissed...............happy with the improvement in effort and attitude or farken pissed that if we played like that the last two weeks we could have been 4-1
100% this. The first half I could barely believe my eyes. Was this the same team I had seen all year? They played so bloody good. I’m not saying the second was bad as such, and enough has been said about the monumental fuckup that is Nui. The hardest thing is seeing a top 5 fullback carve us up (and not just us) playing in centre.

Much improved performance and a welcome back Kotoni Staggs.

However too many dumb preventable mistakes.

The 6 and 7 are there. The no1 not so much. The 9 fmd

Reynolds was fantastic besides his rubbish goal kicking.

Staggs showed why he's worth 700k, he plays like that every week and he's actually worth more than that.

Oates made 0 mistakes, all 3 trys were fantastic determination (where has that been for 4 years though you ****?) and he was all round playing like a winner.

Haas was as usual, the heart of the team. 21 runs 205metres, 33 tackles, no misses. Keep him happy, we need him long term.

I'm not mad at the loss, just Tesi really. He didn't even have to be good this game, he just had to not be a dud. Horrible goal line defence as usual, runs ahead of Staggs blowing a try, there was a clear overlap at one point and instead of immediately tapping on he hogs it, then he inexplicably makes a tackle while being called out 3 times by the ref. Any one of these in isolation are coach killers, but all of that in one game? Just **** off already, he doesn't have it Kev.

I'd seriously rather get done by 20+ than lose after a great effort all round because of the stupidity of one player.

AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.