Errors

Player Stats

# T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT IT Pos DR K KM M E P
# T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT IT Pos DR K KM M E P

Morepudding

Morepudding

NRL Captain
Dec 16, 2015
Huge improvement but still a loss. No point playing well if you don’t get wins. I was trying to give Tesi benefit of the doubt but he’s gotta go. Not sure what happened with Paix and if he was gassed or injured, but his service was definitely better than Turpins. We need a 1 and a 9. Billy had some good touches but also some poor ones. Personally, I think putting him at 9 and bringing gamble in is our best bet.

holdzy

holdzy

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
May 5, 2016
Agree to disagree, pretty happy if that is the standard for the remaining Bronco games

Like I said, we beat ourselves in the end. Cut the errors and misses out and we win comfortably imo

Wolfie

Wolfie

International Captain
Jan 14, 2015
I think I need to watch the replay... because at the ground I thought Nui played much better tonight.

Looks like I'm seeing something different to everyone else

Tbf, generally he was OK. The problem is at crucial moments he messed up big time with poor defence and dumb plays. And he just bottles every high ball that challenges him. And they are the things that cost us.

Big Pete

Big Pete

International Captain
Mar 12, 2008
Good to see the Broncos fight till the end, I was ropeable about the two dummy half tries but if they play with that spirit that's the Broncos I can get behind right there.

I thought the Broncos played much better up tempo footy. The forwards laid a really good platform which brought Staggs into his game and while he wasn't playing as freely as he can he can build off of that performance.

I was critical of Oates last week for not stepping up, so I couldn't have been any happier with his performance. He's one of the most important players in the team, he should have a bigger voice and it was great to see him come up with some big plays on both sides of the ball. I also thought he was desperately unlucky not to receive a penalty for that JWH ankle twist. That was incredibly blatant and the Roosters were very fortunate in that situation.

I'm not going to lie, I am heart-broken with that performance because they deserved the win. Unfortunately when you're rebuilding as a team there's going to be games where you simply get out-classed and that's what happened tonight. The Roosters just had too many stars who stepped up when the game was on the line and that proved to be the difference between the two teams. If Brisbane can build off of that effort, they'll be in the mix again but that's the challenge.

I thought Kevie's interchange was good for the most part. It definitely suited Turpin's game who outside of that wayward pass was one of the Broncos better players. I thought the Broncos noticeably missed him when he and Hetherington went off as the Roosters really started to make inroads in the middle. Paix has some things to like about his game, but he's going to have to improve defensively if he wants to be a starting 9.

I've read a lot of criticism about Niu and while I was annoyed with his effort on Walker I thought he had some really good touches as well and made some nice in-roads on the Roosters. I'm not against giving him a stint in reserves but I still think he's got something to offer at 1.

So yeah, I'll take more positives out of that performance than negatives. Onto next week against the Panthers, I hope the boys go in with the exact same attitude.

BruiserMk1

BruiserMk1

NRL Player
Contributor
Sep 9, 2015
Tesi has to go... dude is total shit for brains...
- constantly offside (like literally every opportunity)
- has no speed to cover kicks through the line or cover the back in general,
- absolute weak as piss on his goal line
- can't defuse a bomb

I'm struggling to think of what he does actually bring... he doesn't even break the line when he's got ball in hand.

I know Kevvie wants to back his players, but he was pretty well at fault on every try conceded. How can you go through a vid session on Monday and blame Tesi for every try only to pick him on Tuesday.

Herbie into the one jersey, Brenko into the centers
Also tries way too hard stepping, thus losing any momentum which may be had.
The way he carries the ball worries me everytime too, he doesn't protect it enough IMO.

Morepudding

Morepudding

NRL Captain
Dec 16, 2015
I thought reffing was pretty decent tonight. A few times they were trying to milk something and he called them out on it.
Two professional fouls at the end should have seen someone sent off. JWH also should have had 10 in the bin.

Super Freak

Super Freak

International Captain
Forum Staff
Jan 25, 2014
Who would have thought we would lose a game from goal kicking when we have ARey and they have Walker

It's 24-24 if Reynolds gets the conversions.

It's 28-24 if they get theirs.

Midean

Midean

State of Origin Rep
Jun 5, 2019
Tbf, generally he was OK. The problem is at crucial moments he messed up big time with poor defence and dumb plays. And he just bottles every high ball that challenges him. And they are the things that cost us.
This. And when a bloke makes a dumb play that costs you the game, it tends to overshadow everything else.

Nerd

Nerd

QCup Player
Sep 27, 2020
First half we have minimal mistakes and lead at half time. Second half unforced errors bring the opposition back into the game.

On Tui he was involved in nearly every Roosters try and needs to be dropped.

Maybe it's my one maroon and yellow eye but I'm still not convinced that the 2nd Manu try was correct. Since when is losing the ball in the act of scoring a try?

BroncsFan

BroncsFan

International Captain
Contributor
Jul 28, 2016
He throws a stupid pass when we're on their line that Stevie Wonder could have read.

Then he shoots off our line and gives the Roosters another set, which ends up resulting in Roosters crashing over.

From that moment on, all of the momentum was with the Roosters.
On the shooting out of the line... I think that was when Capewell was dragged into the ruck on the right side of the field.

It was when we were shot on the right and Cobbo somehow found himself in the roosters backline and still missed 3 tackles.

We were pretty well shot given Capewell had to move from left second row to the right side on a ptb off the 1m line... it's proper defence to shoot out of the line there, because there was probably a 3 man overlap outside him.

Billy did plenty wrong tonight, namely getting absolutely schooled by Crichton on almost every hit up.

I thought Paix was good (excluding the Manu try, but Tesi was just as much at fault), so I think Billy is almost inline to some time in Qcup... but Tesi has to go first

Thought Billy had a pretty below average game overall tonight

Kimlo

Kimlo

International Captain
Senior Staff
Apr 26, 2008
Probably Turpin's best game in a year, I wouldn't dump him after this week, but if he goes back to his usual plodder standard, dump.

If he's sticking around, (which I'm not against) 200k max is his worth.

Active Now

• Jedhead
  • Dash
  • Morkel
  • Fozz
  • Cavalo
  • BooKhaki
  • Santa
  • Stix
  • winslow_wong
  • Johnny92
  • broncos4life
  • Xzei
  • Wendall Taylor
  • rj9
  • Bucking Beads
  • IceWorks
  • Behind enemy lines
... and 3 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.