Player Stats

# T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT IT Pos DR K KM M E P
# T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT IT Pos DR K KM M E P

Sproj

Sproj

Immortal
Senior Staff
Sep 6, 2013
I've watched the first 20. Turps and Niu have been excellent, pretty much everyone has been and goodness me, are Cobbo and Staggs the same players as last week??

N

nopatience101

NRL Captain
Mar 4, 2008
Basel’s got his lead story, JWH unfairly targeted by refs, I’m sure it’s all we will hear about the next week if he’s charged, but didn’t hear anything about Flegler.

Bull Shark

Bull Shark

State of Origin Rep
Jun 4, 2008
Oatsey was brilliant tonight, but this is still him.

<iframe src="https://giphy.com/embed/Q1jTdEnntNZss" width="480" height="360" frameBorder="0" class="giphy-embed" allowFullScreen></iframe><p><a href="">via GIPHY</a></p>

14C22272 685B 4597 9B93 44E85BE57794

BroncsFan

BroncsFan

International Captain
Contributor
Jul 28, 2016
We are a much better team with Kobe starting at lock, he’s now had 10 games there for 4 wins and a positive f/a of +1. A 40% win rate doesn’t sound good in isolation, but we have won only 9 of our last 29 games.
It's not about not having Kobe in the 13 jersey it's about how best to get him through 80mins effectively.

He can't play 80mins at the moment so starting him in the 13 is 2 interchanges to get him through the game

Pat starts in the 13 because Kevvie wants 3 big boppers to ram it down their throat for the first 20mins... Kobe then comes on to play lock.

I think at the moment he's getting through about 40 mins or so, but he's non-stop tackling and taking hitups... I think they will look to build on that and have Kobe come on and stay on... at the moment he still needs a break.

I think with Patty out I would like to see Turps start > Paix comes on at 9 > Turps can come back on later when Kobe needs a break > Kobe comes back on when Paix needs a break.

I think our middle is a little weak without Patty there and Turps whilst providing minimal at 9 can at least cut blokes in half so he can do an effective job at 13 for us when Kobe needs a break.

holdzy

holdzy

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
May 5, 2016
Should have given the heritage jersey another run, might have got us over the line there.

Wolfie

Wolfie

International Captain
Jan 14, 2015
Thing i didnt like from Locky after the game was him basically telling the rest of the comp how to shut down Kotoni. He basically said he was a one trick pony and just jamming up on him shuts him down, he needs to add more to his game and being passive in defence like the Rorters plays into his hands. Its probably true, but you dont want a club legend and current board member saying that in public imo.

winslow_wong

winslow_wong

International Captain
May 27, 2013
I wouldn't say bad ... but we let them back into it with a couple of soft tries.

On the plus side, we kept fighting almost snatching it at the death
You’re right, it’s a loss where we can say they had a real dig and were competitive. But it’s just the same little errors all the time that just won’t seem to go away.

Culhwch

Culhwch

NRL Captain
Mar 28, 2008
Jensen was good off the bench too.

Was coming in to say this. I feel like he went a long way to locking down a bench spot. Good runs, solid defense, nothing flashy, just a good contribution.

Can't fault the effort all round. Execution was at about eighty percent overall, higher in the first half, lower in the second - convert some of those chances we bombed and we're golden. But that's us more often than not recently. Success rate was a lot higher than the last two weeks, so that's something. Build on this and the eight is still a real possibility.

Welcome back, Staggs. Glad we persisted with Cobbo. Hope they both get a confidence boost out of this. Reynolds is still finding his feet but I kind of already love him. Let's hope we get a lot more of this good Corey Oates.

We've got the Panfers, I reckon.

jd87

jd87

NRL Captain
Apr 4, 2014
Thing i didnt like from Locky after the game was him basically telling the rest of the comp how to shut down Kotoni. He basically said he was a one trick pony and just jamming up on him shuts him down, he needs to add more to his game and being passive in defence like the Rorters plays into his hands. Its probably true, but you dont want a club legend and current board member saying that in public imo.
sounds exactly like something Lockyer would say. bloke cares more about his media job then football job with broncos and it sucks.

all he cares about is sounding smart and winning the approval of nsw media very sad to see our biggest club legend become what he is.

BruiserMk1

BruiserMk1

NRL Player
Contributor
Sep 9, 2015
🤦🏼

Sproj

Sproj

Immortal
Senior Staff
Sep 6, 2013
30 minutes in, Niu and Turps are still excellent, Turps has even made some decent runs. Niu has been in everything, a lot to like. Judging by comments here, his second half must have been horrendous.

James is bringing the grub, I don't like it with the neck thing but unfortunately, this is what you've got to do these days, always results in a penalty.

Active Now

• mitch222
  • whykickamoocow
  • Xzei
  • thenry
  • winslow_wong
  • ivanhungryjak
  • HarryAllan7
  • MrTickyMcG
  • broncsgoat
  • Bucking Beads
  • Santa
  • Dash
  • Lostboy
  • Swordfish
  • Broncorob
  • phoenix
... and 2 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.