POST GAME [Round 5, 2022] Broncos vs Roosters

Ok wow, what a first half. That was fantastic and kind of justice that the Roosters bombed the try.

Everyone was great in that half and the bench did better than I thought they would, good impact by Jensen particularly. Paix has been solid but not spectacular. Staggs, man, AMAZING! I love Oatesy, please keep him at the club. Reynolds knee, wowsers that was heart in mouth stuff. Great, great half.
Probably a good idea to stop watching there.

Nah in all seriousness I thought we were good in the second half too. A few lapses from the usual suspects dropped the win but it was easily our best performance this year.

Badel sucking off Walker in the presser makes me sick. In our fucking presser. God he is a wanker

Nothing to do with him as a player. Love him as a player. Just seems a bit off in press conferences I dunno.
He’s probably just dumbfounded by some of the decisions his new team makes. I thought he played a near perfect half backs game. His kicking at end was fantastic but somehow we still lost where as he’s used to winning those type of situations more often than not.

the short kick off was a brain fart though.

Could be me reading more into this, but when Fatty said we should move Tesi and play Cobbo at fullback, he pretty much confirmed Cobbo is moving there and didnt really say a lot about Tesi apart from he has a lot to work on with his positions. Really sounded like Cobbo will be fullback long term, not Tesi.
I wouldn’t put too much stock in anything Fatty says that’s football related these days.. he checked out as a serious commentator of football quite a while ago.. Earlier this week on radio I heard him declare that Ethan Bullemor could come in to replace Flegler

I know they don't make huge metres but capewell and riki are vital to our defence. It is no coincidence that we have defended better when they are both there. Both lead our line speed.

Riki is able to push up quickly and works really hard from the inside to prevent us being out numbered which meant our right hand side defence was a lot more as solid.

Must admit, i'm not a fan of Parker and havent been after how i heard he treated some of the younger guys in his time at Brisbane. Seems to have a massive chip on his shoulder after how he got treated when he was coming through and always got the impression he really didnt like that the young players coming through in his time didnt have it so bad.
These days the “integrity” unit would have to investigate how he made poor JYY cry in Kangaroos camp.

Must admit, i'm not a fan of Parker and havent been after how i heard he treated some of the younger guys in his time at Brisbane. Seems to have a massive chip on his shoulder after how he got treated when he was coming through and always got the impression he really didnt like that the young players coming through in his time didnt have it so bad.
Yup he's always bagging the club on TV, rarely anything positive to say about us. It's like he's going out of his way to try and look like he's not biased but he just comes across as salty

I wouldn’t put too much stock in anything Fatty says that’s football related these days.. he checked out as a serious commentator of football quite a while ago.. Earlier this week on radio I heard him declare that Ethan Bullemor could come in to replace Flegler

It wasnt so much what Fatty said, It was what Locky said.

I know they don't make huge metres but capewell and riki are vital to our defence. It is no coincidence that we have defended better when they are both there. Both lead our line speed.

Riki is able to push up quickly and works really hard from the inside to prevent us being out numbered which meant our right hand side defence was a lot more as solid.

What is just me or was Riki kind of showing up both sides of the ruck? He seemed to be everywhere.

Vintage Oates
Apart from that shocking pass I thought that was Turpins best game for long time.
Welcome back Kotoni Staggs played out of his skin. Really happy with Cobbo aswell after he makes a tackle always seems to follow up and make some more, that grubber and chase that great from him and that run from the in goal.. just needs to keep doing those effort plays with no errors.
Thought Jenson off the bench was really solid nothing fancy just gets the job done.
Herbies defence is really improving
Reynolds seems to be figuring out and working to players strengths in the team.

Still alot of improvement in this team but all the good signs seem to be there.
Roosters through alot at us but we were only let down by soft tries

He is also bitter he lost his job at the club.

His wife is just as bad on the radio bagging the club.

C457384F A387 49AC AE00 CCD592EDBDDF

Surely the guy recording the run metres had a couple of schooies with Patty before the game.

Could be me reading more into this, but when Fatty said we should move Tesi and play Cobbo at fullback, he pretty much confirmed Cobbo is moving there and didnt really say a lot about Tesi apart from he has a lot to work on with his positions. Really sounded like Cobbo will be fullback long term, not Tesi.
Was that supposed to be a secret? We weren’t exactly banging down the door to re-sign Niu and we only did a 2yr deal.

The problem we have is Cobbo needs to be playing fb if he’s going to be our future there, but he’s not ready to be back there in the nrl yet. It’s tricky to balance his expectation now of playing nrl and the clubs need for his development to be at fb.

Perfect world he’s still in qcup playing fb each week with the odd call up to nrl to keep him motivated. Problem is the media attention he’s got which makes dropping him a big deal & the fact that he’s coming off contract soon would make the club gun shy. Winning buys you time to develop.

Active Now

• Dreaglor
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.