POST GAME [Round 5, 2022] Broncos vs Roosters

Was that supposed to be a secret? We weren’t exactly banging down the door to re-sign Niu and we only did a 2yr deal.

The problem we have is Cobbo needs to be playing fb if he’s going to be our future there, but he’s not ready to be back there in the nrl yet. It’s tricky to balance his expectation now of playing nrl and the clubs need for his development to be at fb.

Perfect world he’s still in qcup playing fb each week with the odd call up to nrl to keep him motivated. Problem is the media attention he’s got which makes dropping him a big deal & the fact that he’s coming off contract soon would make the club gun shy. Winning buys you time to develop.
I just think it's a bad look for anyone but the head coach to be saying such things.

Margaux isn’t subtle about it
I used to follow the guy on Insta, you know because he’s a club legend… unfollowed a year ago, wanker… you have to wonder about club culture when these fuckwits throw us under the bus. I reckon it started with these select fewZ

webke, perl, ex don’t do that.

I would never shit on my battalion, it shows the ones who do are narcissistic fuckheads.

Can’t help themselves.

I know they don't make huge metres but capewell and riki are vital to our defence. It is no coincidence that we have defended better when they are both there. Both lead our line speed.

Riki is able to push up quickly and works really hard from the inside to prevent us being out numbered which meant our right hand side defence was a lot more as solid.
yep, i feel Riki has become very consistent especially defensively!

Can I also point out, we didn't miss fuckwit Flegler tonight for one nanosecond.
I have a massive soft spot for him, his potential is endless, he’s farm strong (literally), stupid good footwork, if he cuts the dumb mistakes out, he’s an out and out game breaker.

i’ll back him in.

I’m going to cop it but I rate him ( not his dumb mistakes).

I have a massive soft spot for him, his potential is endless, he’s farm strong (literally), stupid good footwork, if he cuts the dumb mistakes out, he’s an out and out game breaker.

i’ll back him in.

I’m going to cop it but I rate him ( not his dumb mistakes).

You won't cop it from me, but only because I respect your courage backing him.

Confirmed, James is the bad guy here for milking the leg twist penalty, and the Roosters players were fuming about it. Zero mention of him doing the exact same thing minutes later by trying to turn Oates' leg in to a pretzel.

I know they don't make huge metres but capewell and riki are vital to our defence. It is no coincidence that we have defended better when they are both there. Both lead our line speed.

Riki is able to push up quickly and works really hard from the inside to prevent us being out numbered which meant our right hand side defence was a lot more as solid.
100%

They're not there to make meters... their number one priority is defence and run their lines to give the backline an option.

The BS talk from Parker that they need to be more involved is garbage... Capewell came up with some big plays defensively tonight, that's his role in the team.

He's also just a natural footy player, so he will have his time where the ball will just bounce for him, because he ends up around the footy... those kinds of players are gold. Kobe is another who just ends up around the ball.

One thing I would like to see is us kicking for Riki on those cross field kicks inside the 20m... he's pretty athletic for a tall second rower so he could absolutely be an attacking option for us inside the 20m instead of stock standard kicking to Cobbo and hoping for the best.

We do need to get ourselves in order before we start expanding into that sort of area... walk before you run and all that

I used to follow the guy on Insta, you know because he’s a club legend… unfollowed a year ago, wanker…

He likes to show off what he has & what he is about to buy.

Active Now

• Harry Sack
  • broncoscope
  • bert_lifts
  • Fitzy
  • Jedhead
  • broncos4life
  • RolledOates
  • Broncosarethebest
  • MrTickyMcG
  • Mighty Bronx
  • broncsgoat
  • Mightybroncs2k17
  • winslow_wong
  • Morepudding
  • Totally Unr3al
  • TwoLeftFeet
... and 4 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.