POST GAME [Round 5, 2022] Broncos vs Roosters

Yup he's always bagging the club on TV, rarely anything positive to say about us. It's like he's going out of his way to try and look like he's not biased but he just comes across as salty
He's going out of his way to get a gig with Wayne, because the broncos have sacked him several times already... just need to ignore him

I have a massive soft spot for him, his potential is endless, he’s farm strong (literally), stupid good footwork, if he cuts the dumb mistakes out, he’s an out and out game breaker.

i’ll back him in.

I’m going to cop it but I rate him ( not his dumb mistakes).

I think that is part of his problem. He can literally manhandle opposition players and it's easy for that to go wrong. Half the time it's because he's so big and doesn't bend his back enough, his chest and arms are head height for most other players.

I'd rather this loss than our Doggies win TBH.
There was a lot of green shoots from the team tonight, but needs to be built on in the coming weeks like others have said.

I take a real positive in that we should have a settled halves pairing for the mid-term.
I really hope when Pat gets back that we keep the front row rotation of Pat, Haas and Palasia (and Kobe at 13). Two start on, and one off the bench. I feel like we missed some go forward when either Haas or Palasia went off tonight. Two of those 3 need to stay on...always love seeing them have multiple hit-ups in a set.

I know they don't make huge metres but capewell and riki are vital to our defence. It is no coincidence that we have defended better when they are both there. Both lead our line speed.

Riki is able to push up quickly and works really hard from the inside to prevent us being out numbered which meant our right hand side defence was a lot more as solid.
Im curious what the plan is for Piakura, He’s off to a slow start making the step up but the club obviously rates him. Wonder if he’ll eventually take that left spot and Capewell become a lock - he definitely has the brains and ability

Damn, Niu is absolutely copping it on here. I didn't think he was half as bad as people are making out. Obviously desperately needs to work on his 1 on 1 tackling and his work under high balls, but his attack is coming along. From a pure statistical standpoint he was great:

17 runs, 200 metres, 10 tackle busts, 2 line-break assists, 1 try assist, 0 errors.

The defense is a major issue however, if he can't get that sorted over the next couple of weeks we'll have to consider an alternative, but I'm still willing to give him a little bit more time than most of you it seems.

Staggs & Cobbo were great tonight, about time they stood up.

Game came down to a few crucial errors in judgement, we were the better side for 80% of the game tonight, you simply have to win footy games when that's happening. Can't let these good performances still end up in the loss column.

He likes to show off what he has & what he is about to buy.
Normally I don’t care about that stuff, because good on you! It’s the other shit that irks me, would love to know how many people have unfollowed him.

trivial shit but he’s playing a trivial game. Shut up, get over yourself…

I think that is part of his problem. He can literally manhandle opposition players and it's easy for that to go wrong. Half the time it's because he's so big and doesn't bend his back enough, his chest and arms are head height for most other players.
Oh yeah, the poor bloke is in the old school class, he’s an absolute weapon, he’s a clown but I’d go to war with the **** (been there) he’s the type of bloke that would drag three dudes out and not realise he got shot 😂. I say that jokingly, I’ve seen both side of the coin, I know the squealers.
I love it.

v’landys fucking ruined hard blokes like him.

let’s not confuse jwh with hard men and dirty men.

flegs is just a unit, no malice in what he does.

Thing i didnt like from Locky after the game was him basically telling the rest of the comp how to shut down Kotoni. He basically said he was a one trick pony and just jamming up on him shuts him down, he needs to add more to his game and being passive in defence like the Rorters plays into his hands. Its probably true, but you dont want a club legend and current board member saying that in public imo.
Umm, Momorovski tried to jam him 3 or 4 times and we saw what happened.

I know.

I have had the misfortune of meeting her, I was scum beneath her feet.

She let me know several times who her hubby was. Told her I didn't care.

4CFBA9EF 4B12 431F BE66 3603C819352D

Same energy

So had this thought watching live and it’s still bouncing around this morning.

Hass draws in 3 or 4 defenders every time he takes a hit up. Surely they can come up with a face ball after using him as a decoy?
yeah, or a late offload before making contact

Umm, Momorovski tried to jam him 3 or 4 times and we saw what happened.

I don't think he did so much. He was letting Kotoni come do him mostly and that was never going to end well. I think I saw him do it once really, which was the last play of the game.

Would I be out of line to suggest that we actually tend to look better without Patty? Does he have a tendency to try and be too involved. We seem to end up with him and Haas having a stat contest and never see any ball movement.

Active Now

• Jedhead
  • MrTickyMcG
  • Fitzy
  • broncoscope
  • RolledOates
  • broncsgoat
  • Mighty Bronx
  • Mightybroncs2k17
  • winslow_wong
  • Morepudding
  • broncos4life
  • Totally Unr3al
  • TwoLeftFeet
... and 1 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.