POST GAME [Round 5, 2022] Broncos vs Roosters

Completely agree. Haas and Palasia get the job done. Patty and Haas, if used correctly are too similar. I think one should start from the bench.
or if they are going to be on the field at the same time shift payne out a bit wider run at the 6/7 and centers

Ennis and Greg Alexander are awful. Less of them and more of Vossey please. Don’t need someone adding their two cents trying to seem smart. Just want real commentary.

I just can't stand Ennis's little laugh when someone scores a try or makes a break.

Not sure if you guys ever saw that Anthony seibold analysis on Nrl.com about “getting on his kelpie dog” or whatever and getting into position at fullback. But every time I watch Niu play I think of it and think he doesn’t do it. You watch Tedesco or papi make a tackle near the try line and the. They are sprinting to other side of the field following the ball. Niu doesn’t do that and he needs to.

ball in hand, he was good. But under bomb and in defence he has a lot of work to do.

A lot of that comes with experience.

Adams kicking game was superb. Inch perfect all game except 1.
A lot of non-broncos fans (who obviously don't watch or hadn't watched us last year) have said he's been disappointing.
He hasn't been MoM or anything but he's actually excelled my expectations on an individuall level. I thought it'd take longer for him to show his class with the team around him (particularly our hooker). His defence has surprised me with his good decision making especially. His kicking game has been near inch perfect every game, except for the Cowboys game where he tried to hard to reel us back into the game and even they were only 1 or 2 inches off of perfect. And he has certainly taken control of the team. The problem for us is we have too many errors and lapses in defence that no amount of structure and good kicking game can cover up at times.
It is sooooo refreshing having a half that you don't need to worry about losing you the game, and instead you look to with a little bit of confidence that they might get us the win or keep us in it. He has and will make errors but he bounces back from them and goes back to what works once he realises the error/magical play won't work. You only have to look at what has happened to D Cook and walker since he left souffs to realise how good he is...

A lot of non-broncos fans (who obviously don't watch or hadn't watched us last year) have said he's been disappointing.
He hasn't been MoM or anything but he's actually excelled my expectations on an individuall level. I thought it'd take longer for him to show his class with the team around him (particularly our hooker). His defence has surprised me with his good decision making especially. His kicking game has been near inch perfect every game, except for the Cowboys game where he tried to hard to reel us back into the game and even they were only 1 or 2 inches off of perfect. And he has certainly taken control of the team. The problem for us is we have too many errors and lapses in defence that no amount of structure and good kicking game can cover up at times.
It is sooooo refreshing having a half that you don't need to worry about losing you the game, and instead you look to with a little bit of confidence that they might get us the win or keep us in it. He has and will make errors but he bounces back from them and goes back to what works once he realises the error/magical play won't work. You only have to look at what has happened to D Cook and walker since he left souffs to realise how good he is...

I thought he was easily our best player last night. Pushing the forwards into the right areas, controlling what we were doing and his halfback play was spot on.

Lots of non Broncos fans are saying the better team lost & the chooks always get the rub of the green.

I thought he was easily our best player last night. Pushing the forwards into the right areas, controlling what we were doing and his halfback play was spot on.
He's getting us around the park and also being an attacking spark with how sets up the backline movements... he just gives so much space to his support man.

I'm loving that he's popping up both sides of the ruck as well... just seemed like Reynolds was everywhere last night

I agree with comments above, I'd actually be pretty happy to see Palasia rewarded with remaining in the starting side. Something like:

8. Palasia / 15. Flegler
9. Turpin / 14. Paix
10. Haas / 16. Carrigan
11. Capewell / 17. Robati / Jensen / Piakura
12. Riki / 17. Robati / Jensen / Piakura
13. Hetherington / 11. Capewell or 12. Riki / 9. Turpin

Not sure on mix of minutes and it certainly doesn't have to be static but I feel like this really could maximise benefit from various guys' strengths.

I agree with comments above, I'd actually be pretty happy to see Palasia rewarded with remaining in the starting side. Something like:

8. Palasia / 15. Flegler
9. Turpin / 14. Paix
10. Haas / 16. Carrigan
11. Capewell / 17. Robati / Jensen / Piakura
12. Riki / 17. Robati / Jensen / Piakura
13. Hetherington / 11. Capewell or 12. Riki / 9. Turpin

Not sure on mix of minutes and it certainly doesn't have to be static but I feel like this really could maximise benefit from various guys' strengths.
I think a list expert is required to decipher this matrix you've put together

Confused Thinking GIF

My mate in Canberra watched the game last night and we commented back and forth via text.
I asked him to put himself in the shoes of a Bronco supporter and not look at the game with a bias but to just look at the 50/50 calls and see how many we got.

He was quite amazed that of all the 50/50 calls the Broncos got zilch in their favour. Nix, nada zippo. the one they officials made out to be a 50/50 call going our way was the Tedesco knock on and they were trying to find an angle that showed he managed to bat it back before Staggs slapped it.

Laughable, and now my mate in Canberra is convinced the bigger teams do in fact get the rub of the green. This was even at our home ground for goodness sake. Imagine if it had been played in Sydney?

Were there any reports on how reynolds pulled up after the game? He struggled for a few minutes with what looked like a knee after the first conversion attempt

Yeah; not sure why we didn’t try and get Payne in front of Walker a few times. Would’ve killed the poor fella.

Wish he attacked opposition halves with the same moxy he attacks his own halves.
He was only trying to stop Kelly from driving over the limit.

Swapping Niu and Farnworth would better suit both players and instantly improve our entire team
I tend to agree. Herbie with a bit more ball and a wee bit more space would pay a bigger dividend. I think his one on one defence is far superior too. But i think Tesi is too small and does not have the smarts to make proper reads defending at centre. Well defending anywhere to be honest. He's still a big work in progress.

I preemptively boycotted the game after dropping the last two winnable games.

How was B. Walters as 6?

I preemptively boycotted the game after dropping the last two winnable games.

How was B. Walters as 6?
Ok. But just OK. Never did anything to write home about.

Active Now

• Morkel
  • Pablo
  • Wolfie
  • Sproj
  • Broncosgirl
  • theshed
  • marw
  • winslow_wong
  • FACTHUNT
  • Mr Fourex
  • Santa
  • eazy-duzzit
  • porouian
  • TimWhatley
  • Stix
  • Waynesaurus
  • whykickamoocow
  • TwoLeftFeet
  • Justwin
... and 17 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.