PRE-GAME [Round 5, 2024] Broncos vs Storm

We have to be the WORST team in the league for defusing short drop outs.

Begs the question why does Adam keep trying them

You’d think he of all people wouldn’t do it again after the GF

Has the higher chance of a error from it when contesting albeit from both sides and at worst now you are defending 10 out

My kids bought me a personalised video of Billy Walters wishing me a happy birthday, and they had him say "don't worry, Reyno won't be putting up any more short ones"

Every time he does we yell at the TV - BILLY! You promised!

Our makeshift left back row did well against the Cowboys, but no one does their homework better than the Storm. We all know how much of an Oates fan I am, but I can't help but think he'll be pulled apart by them if he comes on with the game in the balance in that position.

Cobbo is fine, like I said before the defending would have taken a bit of gas out of him before he got the ball, dearden had a bit of a head start and he isn't the slowest player, if Cobbo was fresh it would have been an easy try from everything I have seen this year he hasn't lost speed and he has always looked a bit chubby, it's just his build.

That said he is significantly faster than Trell has ever been.

if he is half a metre in field he scores. As it was it was so close to a try. He will learn from it. But it was a freak tackle rather than a Cobbo **** up. 9 times out of 10 he scores. Should be praising Dearden rather than ragging on Cobbo. If he doesnt take the intercept and they score....whole differebt game. This whole Dearden ran him down and Cobbo is slow is BS
It was also a perfect legs tackle from Dearden.

Looking at it again right at the point of the tackle Cobbo is slightly ahead of Dearden and in a position where he's almost through him enough that he's just reaching out to put it down OR he could just skip through the legs tackle, but Dearden gets solid contact in the tackle and rolls him.

There's a point after the 40m where Cobbo changes his angle slightly to go a bit further out as well... I think at that point if he instead tries to go infield he can probably bump Dearden off, but likely gets caught from cover defenders and needing to find support (which wasn't there anyway)... he backed himself and ended up a bee's dick from finishing the try after taking a great intercept 5m from our goal line when we were under huge pressure. On a different night he's walking away with 2 tries and everyone is cheering him for an amazing game.

The big take away for me from the whole thing was the intercept potential that Cobbo has. Teams will be wary about his edge, because he's more likely to take them at centre than he was when he was left stranded in 3v1's on the wing.

Our makeshift left back row did well against the Cowboys, but no one does their homework better than the Storm. We all know how much of an Oates fan I am, but I can't help but think he'll be pulled apart by them if he comes on with the game in the balance in that position.
I also don't think Melbourne will give Reynolds so much space like the Cowboys did. They're going to be all over him, so some of our other players will need to step up.

I dont think anyone is complaining he got caught for speed, its more he played the situation dumb. Wet field, you stay away from the sideline, you dont run close to it. Just common sense.

IMG 6880

He actually doesn’t look slower at top flight but it looks like he eased up just after the 30m and then realised Dearden was there.

The more you watch it, and with those other videos as content, **** it is an unreal defensive effort

He actually doesn’t look slower at top flight but it looks like he eased up just after the 30m and then realised Dearden was there.

The more you watch it, and with those other videos as content, **** it is an unreal defensive effor

200.gif

Guarantee at some point on Thursday I will say how much I hate the fucking storm

Pretty sure at some point, I'll get in a balanced discussion with a Storm fan. Hate the team but their fans are generally pretty good.

Active Now

• sooticus
  • Fozz
  • Spoon
  • Jedhead
  • davidp
  • Mick_Hancock
  • Lurker
  • Foordy
  • TimWhatley
  • Organix
  • Morkel
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.