Round 5 - Broncos vs Dragons - Post Match Discussion

I think it is true that starting is important to Gillett. And frankly, I think my husband to be should be playing 80minutes. His ability to read plays in attack and defense is seriously a game changer. He trailed Beale's kick last night, he was following behind that bomb to score against Souths. And not to mention all the try saving tackles he can make just by reading plays. For me, you start him over Glenn and keep Parker starting.
I'll probably agree mostly with this one, but taking Glenn's starting spot is also pretty harsh. It's a conundrum for Hook that's for sure!
I guess until everything is settled and Matt gets that starting spot, I'll have to keep him satisfied, cuz his wife sure as hell doesn't...

OK. I agree Parker is best at 80 mins. I was wrong.

Then bench Glenn. One of Gillett or Glenn will be regular bench. Let's see what happens

Macca is far, far superior to Hunt at bringing his forwards onto the ball and over the advantage line. They aren't on the same planet in regards to this and their defence. Hunt is great in spurts, an 80 minute hooker he is not.

TBH, I can't see Glenn getting benched any time soon. Hook's a big fan of his.

Parker is our most underrated player. Just because he isn't flashy, doesn't mean he isn't extremely valuable.

I also think Gillett has always played at his best off the bench, coming in after 20 after the initial bash-a-thon is over, and staying on for the rest of the game. Not only does he provide us with impact to keep on bashing, he's also playing against tiring players.

Benching Parker is possible the stupidest suggestion I have seen in a while.

Parker is our most underrated player. Just because he isn't flashy, doesn't mean he isn't extremely valuable.

I also think Gillett has always played at his best off the bench, coming in after 20 after the initial bash-a-thon is over, and staying on for the rest of the game. Not only does he provide us with impact to keep on bashing, he's also playing against tiring players.

:handshake:

I'm sure Gillett understands the position the club is in with such a plethora of talented backrowers, that he's willing to show a bit of patience and not chuck a strop because he's starting from the bench.

He's obviously a massive part of our future, and by all accounts wants to remain at the Broncos, so I don't why a few people are so up in arms about him starting from the bench.

I agree and i think Friday was Gilletts worst performance of the season, and by co-incidence it also happened to be his only starting game for the season.

don't get me wrong i'm not saying he played poorly, because he didn't he played a good game, just not as good as he has been playing from the bench

:handshake:
He's obviously a massive part of our future, and by all accounts wants to remain at the Broncos, so I don't why a few people are so up in arms about him starting from the bench.

Yes.

I don't understand why players get up in arms about it as well - It's a 17 man game and his time WILL come. It should be about what is best for the team.
This reminds me of when reading Tallis' book about when he was on the rise as a young kid and people were calling B. Smith's head for keeping him on the bench - when Tallis himself acknowledged it was best for the team!

His time will come. Honestly if I was either Glenn/Teo/Gillett - I wouldn't leave the Broncs to go to another team to START. It really doesn't make sense to me.

It's all a moot point now, NRL on Fox is reporting Gillett has a stress fracture of the foot similar to young fast bowler Patrick Cummins and will be out for at least 8 to 10 weeks

It's all a moot point now, NRL on Fox is reporting Gillett has a stress fracture of the foot similar to young fast bowler Patrick Cummins and will be out for at least 8 to 10 weeks

Lol nice try

Haha, I was thinking of doing a fake article about Gillett leaving the Broncos... but thought better of it! :haha:

Good effort though Dexter, might catch out someone.

I posted after midday...

Wasn't Sam guilty of that against the Dragons in that heartbreaker in 2006?

In fairness to Sam, I think he was solely responsible for one of the mistakes - the first one in the second half. The others can be shared with Macca who threw it well in front of him & Hannant who dropped a sitter. It's definitely apart of his game he needs to address though and I hope he steps it up soon rather than later because we're far from seeing the best of Slammin' Sam.

?? Not sure... I was talking about the 2008 game against the storm and it was SIMS.

I'm just saying... It could happen one day.

Active Now

• broncsgoat
  • Socnorb
  • Aldo
  • Bucking Beads
  • Fitzy
  • RolledOates
  • Sproj
  • Waynesaurus
  • Galah
  • Ondi
  • Gympie devil
  • Fatboy
  • Dazza 92
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.