Round 5 - Broncos vs Eels - Post-Game Discussion

Not going to troll and comment on the game but FMD what a **** Hodges is, poor sportsman and leader refusing to shake Sandows hand after the game, great player but that's it.

Re: Round 5 v Eels - Post Game discussion

Very ordinary, woeful handling. Reed,barba,Kennedy,very poor tonight.parramatta played quite well & deserved the win.
broncos need to be more patient in opposition 20. IMO reed needs a stint in q cup & still doesn't like to pass to his winger.
overall entertaining game but with the wrong result.roll on next week.

Barba has been close to our worst player week in week out, excluding a couple of good ball playing try assists, which could've easily been accomplished by any other Fullback in the game (Except maybe Hoffman)

I'm still convinced he's playing injured, he doesn't look remotely dangerous in attack and seems to run at about 70% speed, even in the clear.

Last edited by a moderator:
Not going to troll and comment on the game but FMD what a **** Hodges is, poor sportsman and leader refusing to shake Sandows hand after the game, great player but that's it.

Give it a fucking rest. He just lost a game under terrible circumstances. He was pissed off. As if Sandow hasn't snubbed players in his day.

Excuse me? He's been close to our worst player week in week out, excluding a couple of good ball playing try assists, which could've easily been accomplished by any other Fullback in the game (Except maybe Hoffman)

I'm still convinced he's playing injured, he doesn't look remotely dangerous in attack and seems to run at about 70% speed, even in the clear.

I would be all for resting Barba for a round if he is still injured were it not for the fact I have zero faith in Hoffman at this point. Maranta to 1? Please. He unravelled all the good will he built up over the past few rounds tonight by completely disappearing.

Last edited:
Hodges came through the ranks getting cream service from locky, k hunt, Thurston in origin. now he has to put up with wingers playing 5/8. Hodges was hell frustrated tonight. can't blame.him

any chance of convincing karmichael to come back...

Some small poor form on Hodges part, but nothing compared to the form shown by the Bulldogs too busy celebrating a big hit on Lowrie that left him heavily concussed to bother to even check on the bloke.

We do need some punch in the front row - not necessarily size, as Kennedy has been a softy as well. Just aggression and leg drive. Parker and McGuire were the only semi-aggrresive front rowers, but they aren't exactly ones who can bend the line consistently in a short time.

Bring in Hala, he might only have short stints but when he is on he certainly can give us some big charges.

Hook needs to tear shreds off the refs in the post match press conference. We can pass a tin around at the next home game to pay for it. 33 cents each and it is paid easily. We didn't help ourselves but people need to understand how being frustrated can affect a game. And the refs definitely added to their frustrations tonight.

I would be all for resting Barba for a round if he is still injured were it not for the fact I have zero faith in Hoffman at this point. Maranta to 1? Please. He unravelled all the good will he built up over the past few rounds tonight by completely disappearing.

Hoffman will never play Fullback for us again, Maranta is our next best option at Fullback after Barba, unless Kahu comes back.

*sigh* Just when you think we are working towards something we come up with that lazy ass effort.

Our defence was put simply...........pathetic, back to the good ole days of 'stand back and watch' just like last year, we gave the Eels all the time and space they needed.

The refereeing was the other joke, was there even a ruck penalty given tonight? Eels player walking off the marking or to the side, pushing players back to the ground, holding players down. How the frick did they miss that Sandow punching the ball out is beyond me.

Lazy lazy effort tonight and I'm filthy with that in front of a good crowd at home.

Last edited:
Swap Sandow for Hunt and we win.

We were awful though. The ball never once moved smoothly out the back line.

Bye bye Reed, Hannant and Kennedy.

That will be Hoffmans last game at 5/8

barba and Hodges are trying to make up for what hoffman lacks. its affecting everyone's game. its so frustrating

Hook needs to tear shreds off the refs in the post match press conference. We can pass a tin around at the next home game to pay for it. 33 cents each and it is paid easily. We didn't help ourselves but people need to understand how being frustrated can affect a game. And the refs definitely added to their frustrations tonight.

Yep, that was a sackable performance from those refs. You couldn't imagine a bigger leg up for Parramatta if you tried.

Active Now

• Santa
  • Xzei
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.