vs

Kickoff In:

Thursday
Morning
10:00

Team Lists

Status
Not open for further replies.
Macca IS the Broncos. He does the most tackling. He does the most ball handling. He does the most talking. Blame him if you don't like how that's working out.

Can’t deny the tackling, but as for the ball handling and talking, yeah... can’t see where that’s really working out.

Can’t deny the tackling, but as for the ball handling and talking, yeah... can’t see where that’s really working out.
Still by far the best dummy half option in the club though. Yeah, I wish he had more offensive impact but the work he does defensively can never be underestimated and his vast experience is invaluable. The Roosters would have scored 60 if not for Macca.

Still by far the best dummy half option in the club though. Yeah, I wish he had more offensive impact but the work he does defensively can never be underestimated and his vast experience is invaluable. The Roosters would have scored 60 if not for Macca.

I’m not saying he should go, but I definitely don’t want him playing 80 mins. He provides no spark. We need to go back to having a utility (preferably Kodi) on the bench who subs for him for 10-15-20 mins per half depending on what’s happening to give our attack a chance to breathe. Macca stifles that IMO.

1. Boyd
2. Oates
3. Bird
4. Roberts /staggs
5. Isaako
6. Milf
7. Kodi
8. Lodge
9. Macca
10. Taga
11. Glenn
12. Gillo
13. Offa

14. Staggs/Shiba
15. Fifita
16. Haas
17. Mago
18. Fensom

Flegler & sua to qcup to play bigger minutes for fitness . Flegler hasn't done anything wrong but I think these young forwards need to be rotated, sua needs to get back some form.
I was just thinking I had something similar last year writing that I'd like Lodge and Taga to kick things off. My thinking was that you really only need one creative prop and one to just gain ground and make his tackles in the middle. That's something I believe Taga could do for a short stint, 18-23 mins. That said, if Offa is doing the same thing then Taga shouldn't really have been re-signed as he won't be used in first grade. I don't know who decided he should be but I can't see it would have been WB as he was out of the loop mid year.

I don't believe this for one second. Yes he has a lot of experience but that is not helping us very much. Have you noticed our attack seems to go sideways way more than what it does direct? This is probably because the first thing Macca does when he picks the ball up is float sideways and throw ordinary passes to his receivers. Not to mention he does it very slowly which gives our opposition time to rush up on us, in turn causing our receivers to continue the sideways trend.

In regards to his defence. He has always been solid for us. However, over the last couple of years even that seems to be falling off. He is now falling off tackles, often I have seen him fail to close down a gap in our defence due to pure exhaustion or laziness. Maybe he is being inspired by Boyd.

To me he seems like more of a detriment to our team than anything else. I do not think you can outright say he is our best option there, unless we actually give our other options an opportunity

Reactions: LGH
Glenn should be dropped before Sua.

THIS.. and as Wofie said, we are trying to fit too many SR in this team. Fifita is being held back because we are accommodating Glenn (not to say Glenn doesn’t deserve a spot in the 17). I know who I think can cause most damage for 80mins on the edge. Even more so than Gillo at the moment. Even Sua who is getting a lot of unfair flack. He is not playing in a position where his skill set is best. I would love to see Fifita and Sua start at SR and see their stats after a game as opposed to our experienced SR. They are being wasted being asked to have short stints in the middle. I’m not sure how the rotation should work. I don’t think Sua is an impact middle forward and last year when fit he showed how damaging he can be as a starter on the edge, left or right. Fifita is getting better and better every game, but is still so young. He is more of an attacking player so does provide impact off the bench. I think one of them could be used in the 13 as an option. Im not convinced TPJ is a starting lock.

There seem to be a myriad of good, young #9s coming through in NSW. Parra, Manly and Cronulla all have young guys who are definitely cutting it in first grade. Seem to have surpassed Macca already. Penwiff also have one but he is barely cutting it. Looks like Macca mark II. Would also be interesting to see who Canberra, Souffs, Dragons, Tigers have in reserve. I know the Shonkies have their present No.9s younger brother. I read he is considered better than his older brother.

But probably due to having Boyd, Gillett, Macca on the books for as much as they are, as long as they are (thanks Wayne), we don't have any money to hit the market.

THIS.. and as Wofie said, we are trying to fit too many SR in this team. Fifita is being held back because we are accommodating Glenn (not to say Glenn doesn’t deserve a spot in the 17). I know who I think can cause most damage for 80mins on the edge. Even more so than Gillo at the moment. Even Sua who is getting a lot of unfair flack. He is not playing in a position where his skill set is best. I would love to see Fifita and Sua start at SR and see their stats after a game as opposed to our experienced SR. They are being wasted being asked to have short stints in the middle. I’m not sure how the rotation should work. I don’t think Sua is an impact middle forward and last year when fit he showed how damaging he can be as a starter on the edge, left or right. Fifita is getting better and better every game, but is still so young. He is more of an attacking player so does provide impact off the bench. I think one of them could be used in the 13 as an option. Im not convinced TPJ is a starting lock.
Glenn has hardly been great but hasn't he been better than Gillett?

Lots of people here seem to have it in for Glenn. Sure he hasn't been great, but no one in the squad has. He at least puts in 100% effort in everything he does, which is more than I can say for most of our team. Milford has also been poor, but you can't say he hasn't at least been trying. In a team where 90% of the squad isn't even trying, you can't be removing the ones who are, even if they haven't been performing great.

Lots of people here seem to have it in for Glenn. Sure he hasn't been great, but no one in the squad has. He at least puts in 100% effort in everything he does, which is more than I can say for most of our team. Milford has also been poor, but you can't say he hasn't at least been trying. In a team where 90% of the squad isn't even trying, you can't be removing the ones who are, even if they haven't been performing great.

Plus he isn't completely gassed after 15min like most of the young guys in the team. Fifita is obviously a good athlete and big but he doesn't seem to cause of lot of trouble for the defence when running on the edges.

Gillett was playing an unfamiliar role in the first three games. He was the better of the two on Thursday night back out on his edge.

Status
Not open for further replies.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.