Team Lists

Status
Not open for further replies.
Unbreakable

Unbreakable

International Rep
Contributor
May 21, 2013
https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nr...k=5b6de9b92d99d775093e02c0315ee980-1554697458

Team Tips: The Broncos confirmed Payne Haas will return from his club-imposed suspension and will be picked in the team. James Roberts remains sidelined with an Achilles issue and his return date is indefinite, meaning he could be named in the side. Tevita Pangai Jr has come under scrutiny for a couple of average performances, and could be axed from the starting side, possibly in favour of Jaydn Su’a. Wests Tigers will be without Benji Marshall (hamstring) for at least one more week and so can delay a decision over Josh Reynolds’ spot in the team for now. David Nofoaluma (shoulder) is a chance of returning from injury and could jump on a wing to knock either Mahe Fonua or Corey Thompson out of the side.

How do these people get jobs, seriously

Alec

Alec

International Rep
Mar 4, 2008
Yes, he is. He's also a relative of Tom Opacic, Jayden Nikorima, Carlin Anderson and every other player he has constantly praised on here as the next big thing.
Opacic -> Failure
Nikorima -> Failure
Anderson -> Failure
Carrigan -> :nailbiter:

Wolfie

Wolfie

International Captain
Jan 14, 2015
Opacic -> Failure
Nikorima -> Failure
Anderson -> Failure
Carrigan -> :nailbiter:

Dont think i've ever really praised up the other 3, just thought they are decent, solid players. Patty is a lot different.

Wolfie

Wolfie

International Captain
Jan 14, 2015
Yes, he is. He's also a relative of Tom Opacic, Jayden Nikorima, Carlin Anderson and every other player he has constantly praised on here as the next big thing.

If you actually look at my posting history, i dont really proclaim any player as the next big thing. I think you are getting me mixed up with @upthebroncs or @Kyall

Carrigan is probably the first player i think i would have really stuck my neck out and said he is going right to the top. Mind you, a lot of my comments are tongue in cheek, i think they go right over peoples heads sometimes.

Last edited:
McHunt

McHunt

International Rep
Contributor
Aug 25, 2018
And those State of Origin selectors are fools for thinking he is good enough to play for Qld . LOL .

Couldn't agree more. They certainly looked a better team when he was sitting on the bench. Especially the last game when he got the fewest minutes. He'll never play another game for QLD.

On the plus side, the Broncos lifted several notches in his absence too.

Morkel

Morkel

International Captain
Contributor
Jan 25, 2013
I’m just so happy for @Wolfie more than anything. Normally posters who claim to know players personally (as opposed to those involved in the game or connected via business) don’t last long, but he’s stuck it out and backed his predictions.

I’ll be watching Carrigan’s debut knowing Wolfie will be riding every run and every tackle, it’ll just add that little extra fun to the match.

Pub Steak

Pub Steak

QCup Player
Feb 24, 2018
Glenn to 14 to spell Macca at hooker for 15mins per half.

K

Kyall

NRL Player
Oct 4, 2016
1.Issako
2.Staggs
3.Boyd
4.Bird
5.Oates
6.Milford
7.Niko
8.Lodge
9.Macca
10.Offa
11.Fifita
12.Glenn
13.Gillett
14.Haas
15.Sua
16.Carrigan
17.Flegler
Staggs is a gun and can make the adjustments. Issako will at least put every effort into stopping tries unlike Boyd. Gillett has already played lock so let him cover again.

Accept

Accept

NRL Captain
Sep 27, 2016
If you actually look at my posting history, i dont really proclaim any player as the next big thing. I think you are getting me mixed up with @upthebroncs or @Kyall

Carrigan is probably the first player i think i would have really stuck my neck out and said he is going right to the top. Mind you, a lot of my comments are tongue in cheek, i think they go right over peoples heads sometimes.
My post was also tongue in cheek. You can proclaim all you like. I enjoy reading your contributions.

International Rep
Apr 14, 2013
Just like him as a player. Even when things arent going well he doesnt hide.

You're right, it's interesting sometimes to look at what you say about one player and every post about Carrigan is about effort, leadership and work ethic. I had five pages of talking about him and couldn't find one that didn't cover those things.

It's a great sign for his future because low maintenance effort players are what the Broncos need at the moment. He will shame some guys with his hair and effort.

Carrigan progressed, first game against the Pride which was down here in a late change, in the wet against Carney and everything really hard and he made lots of efforts he could only get 40 minutes but by the end of the year he was playing 80 minutes.

He got smarter, by the end of the year two games that stood out- coming off the Hunters which always drains guys and he plays 80 minutes against Townsville. Blackhawks are finals bound and have a huge pack while poor Wynnum and playing for nothing. Carrigan tops the tackles count and makes the most ground that's against Townsville with three NRL guys.

He was young and in a struggling team this year and then lost Haas and he did everything right. He played bench, second row and front row for Wynnum and defended in the ruck and just got things done.

Carrigan is a leader in every team he plays, Hodges had no choice but to make him captain this year and he was sensational even his speech after the 20's Origin screamed class. He was great all week, I have never seen a more accomplished young leader.

Wasn't even captain at the start of the week but took on the role naturally and Hodges' decision was easy by half way through.

Even in games that went horribly he was working hard- Residents Qld were in all sorts and he came off the bench and missed one tackle he came across the field and covered made 17 tackles in a short time.

He became one of my favourite ISC players to watch over the last 12 months.

Carrigan is a future Broncos' captain. Impressive in every way.

He's played prop, bench, lock and back row for Wynnum and done anything asked in a massively struggling side which impressed me more. I have watched every ISC game he's played and he has done it right from the start. He's been the most impressive Bronco this year in the ISC.

Same as Arrow in his worth ethic and his off field impressive nature on the field not dissimilar at a similar ISC stage of their career. He's probably a bit more adaptable than Arrow and more versatile in the roles he can fill.

Queensland U20's side he did it right the whole week even down to his speech at the end.

Carrigan too has shown the same level of football awareness in the ISC and this week in 20's camp he's been a terrific leader he's been in terrible teams this year in Wynnum and Residents and still been going and showing older guys.

He was best on ground for Queensland before Origin two and he will be again before Origin three.

Flegler and Mago injured tonight for Souths. Flegler only lasted 10 minutes snd Mago a serious concussion.

Carrigan outstanding for Wynnum. He’s a serious worker and just impacts. Has to make the Residents.

He needs more minutes; some weeks he is playing as little as 20 minutes. Hard to have an impact in that short a time. While Carrigan last game was up to nearly 80.

Since Carrigan started starting in round four he's responded to the responsibility and has taken it on.

Having said that Flegler's run, offload try play today was exceptional at the death.

Even from 20's in 2017 same thing.

Watching the game from the weekend- Carrigan is exceptional.

I love watching him play, there is a period in the second half when he just keeps going and taking hit ups out of trouble that he shouldn't be doing.

Very gutsy and skilful- some great offloads.

FaithinHook

FaithinHook

NRL Player
Jun 4, 2013
It's good that Carrigan is getting a well-deserved opportunity. The problem is though that you could have a forward pack full of Artie Beetson/Shane Webke/Glenn Lazarus genetically-modified hybrids but if Darry B and Nikorima are derping it up as per usual in their regular positions, we are gonna suck regardless.

abashii

abashii

NRL Player
Contributor
Jul 14, 2014
You're right, it's interesting sometimes to look at what you say about one player and every post about Carrigan is about effort, leadership and work ethic. I had five pages of talking about him and couldn't find one that didn't cover those things.

It's a great sign for his future because low maintenance effort players are what the Broncos need at the moment. He will shame some guys with his hair and effort.
Good to hear. Especially with Roberts out we're losing ground in the hair department. Look at teams like Cronulla, they've got Fatfita and Jed Bogan dialled up to 11 and what can we offer in response? Nothing! I guess that's what happens when Alfie's in charge of the players' dos.

winslow_wong

winslow_wong

International Captain
May 27, 2013
Has carrigan ever run off a Macca end on end pass though?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Unread

Active Now

• Scdeac
  • Sproj
  • Alec
  • Manlyman
  • Waynesaurus
  • Galah
  • Skathen
  • Bucking Beads
  • Ironbroncos
  • Ejbroncos
  • Battler
  • Old Mate
  • broncs30
  • mrslong
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.