Team Lists

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sproj

Sproj

Immortal
Senior Staff
Sep 6, 2013
It's good that Carrigan is getting a well-deserved opportunity. The problem is though that you could have a forward pack full of Artie Beetson/Shane Webke/Glenn Lazarus genetically-modified hybrids but if Darry B and Nikorima are derping it up as per usual in their regular positions, we are gonna suck regardless.

It simply isn’t true, at least not for the reason you and so many are claiming. This side has no problem scoring points and/or creating opportunities. Last week alone at least three tries were there until they were dropped, final player out of position or Gehemat Manihera-ized.

This side has no problem with its creativity and point scoring ability. The halves can’t do anything with no ball and constant defense. Defense and attitude are this side’s problem and that is where your halves are part of it as both KNik and Milf aren’t great there.

The only problem with Kodi is his absolutely putrid long kicking game (and it is horrid) but that’s where Milf has really stepped up. Cut out the third tackle kicks after a mountain of defense and make better decisions a a side and they are right up there.

Morkel

Morkel

International Captain
Contributor
Jan 25, 2013
Also, credit to Milf's continued improvement in his short kicking game. Perfectly executed another grubber against the Roosters, sat up perfectly for Jack, who unfortunately bombed it.

Wolfie

Wolfie

International Captain
Jan 14, 2015
You're right, it's interesting sometimes to look at what you say about one player and every post about Carrigan is about effort, leadership and work ethic. I had five pages of talking about him and couldn't find one that didn't cover those things.

It's a great sign for his future because low maintenance effort players are what the Broncos need at the moment. He will shame some guys with his hair and effort.

Even from 20's in 2017 same thing.

Good insights there mate. I don't think he is going to be the headline grabber like Haas or TPJ will be, but I think he will be more valuable to us

Jedhead

Jedhead

State of Origin Rep
Contributor
Jan 8, 2018
Last year the 'win against top teams and struggle against lesser teams' took a while to actually manifest. The whole time I was expecting he team to come good but it just never eventuated.

This year I get the exact same feeling only this time it's evident from game one. So the coach and the structures have changed, but we've got the same spine doing the same shit as last year.

Nashy

Nashy

Immortal
Senior Staff
Mar 5, 2008
Is the team actually named yet???

Edit: Nope.

Fingers crossed that Kodi is gone.

Last edited:
ChewThePhatt

ChewThePhatt

NRL Player
Contributor
Dec 28, 2015
Is the team actually named yet???

Edit: Nope.

Fingers crossed that Kodi is gone.
What time are team lists supposed to be out this year?

Super Freak

Super Freak

International Captain
Forum Staff
Jan 25, 2014
Team lists are named at 4pm.

Unfortunately, Kodi will be named at halfback.

Sproj

Sproj

Immortal
Senior Staff
Sep 6, 2013
Why? The 6 and 7 both create a lot of scoring opportunities. Not their fault if their wingers and centres are dropping the ball.

The 1 is a huge reason for the defensive lapses though, he is also the captain, so needs to lead by example and direct players to fill gaps.

The 9 needs to give better service so the 6 and 7 can continue to shine. Creating opportunities to score is NOT a problem for this team currently.

International Rep
Apr 14, 2013
Good insights there mate. I don't think he is going to be the headline grabber like Haas or TPJ will be, but I think he will be more valuable to us

I agree, he has no moving parts just a simple footballer but he's smart and will go un-noticed. Like a wicket keeper or drummer.

tommy

tommy

International Rep
Jun 5, 2015
Normally I am excited and look forward to the game. This week I'm just scared.

Reactions: Dee
Morepudding

Morepudding

NRL Captain
Dec 16, 2015
As ordinary as Kodi has been this year, I don't think any other half would change things too much... Honestly probably only Cooper Cronk could save our spine. Not because he is the best or most talented, but because he would offer leadership, which he does better than any other half in the comp and is what we are really needing. All you need to do is look at Manly to see how important a good fullback is. They were lacklustre and basically useless. TommyT comes back and they are on fire. A good fullback is an additional threat for the defence. Will the halves run the ball, or pass to the fullback? Then will the fullback run the ball or pass to a centre or winger? This creates doubt for the defence. Currently with our fullback, the defence doesn't need to worry. Milford or Nikorima could run the ball which could be dangerous, so teams rush up on them. If they pass the ball, it's only going to Darius Boyd who will either pass instantly or stop running so he doesn't get hurt. We are just so predictable with him there.

So until something happens with our fullback, it doesn't matter what we do to the rest of our spine, we won't be a big attacking threat. I mean, most of our tries this year have been pure luck or individual brilliance to be honest.

broncsgoat

broncsgoat

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Oct 28, 2013
I think we’ll crush them this week.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Pablo
  • Mick_Hancock
  • Galah
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.