10:00

Team Lists

Status
Not open for further replies.
K

Kyall

NRL Player
Oct 4, 2016
You'd slot in a 18 yo with two games ISC experience into HB for the Brisbane Broncos? That is the silliest of the many selection blunders you have just made. Luckily, you are just a rookie. Are you mates with Kyall?

You have to start somewhere don’t you.

lynx000

lynx000

State of Origin Rep
Contributor
Jul 28, 2008
Oh **** shit this is fucking ridiculous. Seibold can piss off, I had huge hopes for him but he is no different to WB in the amount of chances he gives to non-performing players. He's a fucking soft ****. We are done for this week there is no doubt about that. Seibold is a gutless piece of fluff one season wonder as far as I'm concerned.

Seriously, what kind of incriminating photos do some of these players have to hold coaches over a barrell like this.
Over reaction much?? Mate you are going to blow a foo foo valve, have three scotches and go and lie down.

Morepudding

Morepudding

NRL Captain
Dec 16, 2015
then it should be easy to take their spots ... that should tell you exactly how these fringe spine members are going in the lower grades
No, it tells me exactly how scared seibold is to make any decisions. I thought he was going to fire a rocket up these players and do something different to Bennett. Nope. He's run the same squad each week, watched us get out enthused and made to look like a reserve grade team. Sure we played well against the Cowboys, but they have been shithouse this year too so take that win with a grain of salt.

I was very excited about Seibold coming. He says all the right things. Says how much effort means and how its important for a footy squad, yet leaves Boyd not only in the team, but as the captain? Honestly saying effort is important and then captaining Boyd is just fucking ridiculous.

Foordy

Foordy

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 4, 2008
You have to start somewhere don’t you.

not in the NRL after 2 ISC games, in a side that is struggling ... are you trying to kill the kids confidence, and stall his development

R

Rookie Alan

QCup Player
Apr 9, 2019
You'd slot in a 18 yo with two games ISC experience into HB for the Brisbane Broncos? That is the silliest of the many selection blunders you have just made. Luckily, you are just a rookie. Are you mates with Kyall?
Any other position, I will probably agree with you, yes, he’s inexperienced, but for being the game organizer, the most important is if you have the view and the brain, that needs more natural talent than a few more experiences......

Foordy

Foordy

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 4, 2008
No, it tells me exactly how scared seibold is to make any decisions. I thought he was going to fire a rocket up these players and do something different to Bennett. Nope. He's run the same squad each week, watched us get out enthused and made to look like a reserve grade team. Sure we played well against the Cowboys, but they have been shithouse this year too so take that win with a grain of salt.

I was very excited about Seibold coming. He says all the right things. Says how much effort means and how its important for a footy squad, yet leaves Boyd not only in the team, but as the captain? Honestly saying effort is important and then captaining Boyd is just fucking ridiculous.

every single word of that is complete BS.

Morepudding

Morepudding

NRL Captain
Dec 16, 2015
not in the NRL after 2 ISC games, in a side that is struggling ... are you trying to kill the kids confidence, and stall his development
I think not being able to make a team when they have the most missed tackles and the guy playing in your spot has been questioned for 2 years due to lack of ability and is coming second for missed tackles would kill his confidence too.

Morepudding

Morepudding

NRL Captain
Dec 16, 2015
every single word of that is complete BS.
How is it BS? If you think Boyd displays even the slightest bit of effort your judgement, and any further comments you make about football should be questioned. He is pathetic.

Foordy

Foordy

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 4, 2008
I think not being able to make a team when they have the most missed tackles and the guy playing in your spot has been questioned for 2 years due to lack of ability and is coming second for missed tackles would kill his confidence too.

the kid has literally only been eligible to play NRL for 1 month ... if he is that entitled that he thinks he should be rushed into the side immediately, then he won't be half the player everyone predicts

Foordy

Foordy

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 4, 2008
How is it BS? If you think Boyd displays even the slightest bit of effort your judgement, and any further comments you make about football should be questioned. He is pathetic.

yet all of his competition is going as bad or worse against lesser opponents. that is why he isn't getting challenged in the slightest for his spot...

he hasn't been good defensively this season, yet he doesn't need to fear someone taking his spot, because of the limited competition he has, no one is playing well enough to take it

Accept

Accept

NRL Captain
Sep 27, 2016

Making wholesale changes would do more damage than good especially when you don't have the options. Changing the captaincy a month into the season would be extremely distracting to the entire organization. I am no Seibs fan and the organization is much worse off without WB but I'm willing to give him the benefit of the doubt. It may take him two seasons to compile the team that he prefers. Judging him after a month is extremely harsh indeed.

Allo

Allo

International Rep
Forum Staff
Sep 28, 2012
Perhaps if in the last couple of seasons they saw opportunities, potential spine players may have kicked on. It’s being stuck in a dead-end job with no chance of promotion, so you don’t put in extras because you know they’ll never be removed. Is it a good attitude? Probably not, but wouldn’t surprise me if this has been the case to some degree

Sproj

Sproj

Immortal
Senior Staff
Sep 6, 2013
Because it would take a first time watcher of rugby league to sit there and actually believe in their heart that Kodi is a halfback. He's not. He never will be. The experiment has failed.

You are right. He is a five-eighth or fullback. The guy though currently wearing the 6 is paid the extra money to play like the halfback and he has actually become pretty good at it. That said, I think that Kodi should be fullback. That also said, none of the promising kids coming through in the halves are even close to being ready. I think Kodi showed on the Kiwi tour last year (and most games where his forwards have laid a platform) he can do a decent job there in the interim.

Looking longer term though, I'd consider punting Milf if Ponga became a legitimate option and you had to choose between the two. If you didn't have to choose and could have both, well that would be amazing but I think Kodi offers enough of what Milf does but at likely less than half the cost and Ponga just adds something no one else in the game can, legit superstar in the making.

1. Ponga
6. Kodi (Milf if you could afford him AND Ponga somehow)
7. Dearden
9. Paix/Boyd/Whoever isn't named McCullough

broncos4life

broncos4life

International Captain
Forum Staff
Oct 5, 2011
Every other team has 0 problems throwing 18yo halves in the deep end. Don't see what our issue with it is.

Yeah and look how well that has gone.

Dylan Brown - out indefinitely after a few games due to his body not being ready.

Nathan Cleary - came out of the gate great but is regressing and looks like his development has been bombed.

You want to kill the career of a guy like Dearden? Thank **** this forum is the closest you get to the team.

Last edited:
lynx000

lynx000

State of Origin Rep
Contributor
Jul 28, 2008
Making wholesale changes would do more damage than good especially when you don't have the options. Changing the captaincy a month into the season would be extremely distracting to the entire organization. I am no Seibs fan and the organization is much worse off without WB but I'm willing to give him the benefit of the doubt. It may take him two seasons to compile the team that he prefers. Judging him after a month is extremely harsh indeed.

Fair post mate, well done. I am interested to know from any poster that might be on the inside of the club as to whether serious conversations are occurring with certain players about there being consequences unless there is a lift in form? From the outside looking in, there seems to have been a history of players derping it up and there being no consequences. So either those conversations were not being had or the actions were not being followed through.

The only player I can recall (and I may well be wrong about this) that in recent history has been dropped because of form was Hunt.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• ivanhungryjak
  • Accept
  • Scdeac
  • porouian
  • Behold
  • Stix
  • Bucking Beads
  • ell.d33
  • Painin the Haas
  • Gobroncos
  • Cavalo
  • Jedhead
  • Maroon4life
  • BroncosAlways
  • thenry
  • Manofoneway
  • Organix
  • Justwin
... and 3 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.