10:00

Team Lists

Status
Not open for further replies.
Big Pete

Big Pete

International Captain
Mar 12, 2008
Every other team has 0 problems throwing 18yo halves in the deep end. Don't see what our issue with it is.

Parramatta isn't every other team and Dylan Brown had a year of Jersey Flegg/NSW Cup before being given his shot.

Considering the injury he suffered, I don't think his stint was a great endorsement.

tommy

tommy

International Rep
Jun 5, 2015
Yeah and look how well that has gone.

Dylan Brown - out indefinitely after a few games due to his body not being ready.

Nathan Cleary - came out of the gate great but is regressing and looks like his development has been bombed.

You want to kill the career of a guy like Dearden? Thank **** this forum is the closest you get to the team.

Or we could just hang onto them until they sign elsewhere.

broncos4life

broncos4life

International Captain
Forum Staff
Oct 5, 2011

What are you talking about? We have Dearden signed up long enough to know if he is the goods. You made a silly post, don’t dig deeper.

Foordy

Foordy

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 4, 2008

Dearden has been eligible for just 1 month ... do you honestly think he was so entitled that he expected to be picked the second he was allowed to play NRL

Morepudding

Morepudding

NRL Captain
Dec 16, 2015
Making wholesale changes would do more damage than good especially when you don't have the options. Changing the captaincy a month into the season would be extremely distracting to the entire organization. I am no Seibs fan and the organization is much worse off without WB but I'm willing to give him the benefit of the doubt. It may take him two seasons to compile the team that he prefers. Judging him after a month is extremely harsh indeed.
Boyd has to move. He had all of last year to prove his worth at fullback and really was pathetic. This year he has started significantly worse in both attack and defence. He just doesn't take on the line or want to get involved. Push him out to the wing, or tell him to **** off. He could at least have the courtesy to take time away from the game to sort himself out like Inglis has done.

P

pagey

State of Origin Rep
Aug 19, 2013
I agree, he has no moving parts just a simple footballer but he's smart and will go un-noticed. Like a wicket keeper or drummer.

Tommy Lee ??

broncsgoat

broncsgoat

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Oct 28, 2013
Making wholesale changes would do more damage than good especially when you don't have the options. Changing the captaincy a month into the season would be extremely distracting to the entire organization. I am no Seibs fan and the organization is much worse off without WB but I'm willing to give him the benefit of the doubt. It may take him two seasons to compile the team that he prefers. Judging him after a month is extremely harsh indeed.

Not relieving Boyd of his post was seibolds first and potentially biggest mistake.

He could have come in and appointed someone else and just said we want Darbs to concentrate on his footy or spun it any other way but he played it too safe.

Now he’s painted himself into a corner by not being able to drop or move him from FB.

tommy

tommy

International Rep
Jun 5, 2015
I never said I wanted him picked. But when other posters are saying he CAN'T be picked because he's only 18 I see it for the copout it is. If you are good enough you are old enough. And why even play him in the trials if he is no chance anyway.

Unbreakable

Unbreakable

International Rep
Contributor
May 21, 2013
1. Boyd (c)
2. Oates
3. Staggs
14. Shibasaki
5. Isaako
6. Milford
7. Nikorima
8. Lodge
9. McCullough
10. Ofahengaue
13. Fifita
12. Gillett
4. Bird

11. Glenn
16. Flegler
17. Carrigan
18. Haas

You heard it here first

Last edited:
broncos4life

broncos4life

International Captain
Forum Staff
Oct 5, 2011
I never said I wanted him picked. But when other posters are saying he CAN'T be picked because he's only 18 I see it for the copout it is. If you are good enough you are old enough. And why even play him in the trials if he is no chance anyway.

Because it is experience and he will likely be debuted later this season.

So you just ignore the evidence and examples and just dig in further yeah?

Morepudding

Morepudding

NRL Captain
Dec 16, 2015
1. Boyd (c)
2. Oates
3. Staggs
14. Shibasaki
5. Isaako
6. Milford
7. Nikorima
8. Lodge
9. McCullough
10. Ofahengaue
13. Fifita
12. Gillett
4. Bird

11. Glenn
16. Flegler
17. Carrigan
18. Haas

You heard it here first
**** me I hope not. Shibasaki is mud.

I bleed Maroon

I bleed Maroon

International Rep
Apr 17, 2013
People need to accept this season is a bust. Now is not the time to be hitting the panic button and rushing in players that aren't ready just to try and salvage what is unsalvagable. We'll be lucky to make the 8 at this rate. Our forwards are too young, our spine is trash and our backline is inconsistent and error prone. If the club give Seibold the breathing room he needs, he should go into the next off season with a license to turn the squad on its head. Being realistic, our premiership window is well shut for the foreseeable future.

It's incredibly disappointing, but it is what it is. The club has acted indifferently to recruitment since 2015 and now we have to pay the price for that indifference. Spuds like Boyd and McC need to be fucked off by any means necessary.

tommy

tommy

International Rep
Jun 5, 2015

Anything to get you to throw a tantrum.

tommy

tommy

International Rep
Jun 5, 2015

But in all seriousness I think Cleary is going fine. Small hiccups to start this year but otherwise he's been good.

Foordy

Foordy

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 4, 2008

how about this one then ... he can't be picked to start because he is not in our top 30.

as he is in our development squad he MAY be able to be picked on the bench, but i don't even think that is possible at this stage of the season

tommy

tommy

International Rep
Jun 5, 2015
how about this one then ... he can't be picked to start because he is not in our top 30.

as he is in our development squad he MAY be able to be picked on the bench, but i don't even think that is possible at this stage of the season

Did we ever fill our top 30? Can remember we left a spot open....and then Kahu was idiotically let go.

Gaz

Gaz

NRL Captain
Contributor
Oct 7, 2017
Every other team has 0 problems throwing 18yo halves in the deep end. Don't see what our issue with it is.
They don't have new coaches feeling their way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Unread

Active Now

• Pablo
  • Porthoz
  • MrMoore
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.