Support Play
/ Set Completion /
Penalties (Conceded)
Set Restarts
Errors

Player Stats

# T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT IT Pos DR K KM M E P
# T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT IT Pos DR K KM M E P

Did that last try really happen? I remember we shut down the field goal attempt pretty well...

This........people carrying on about Milford? Its this dumb **** we have at dummy half that ***** the team.

Give Milford any other no.9 in the comp and he'll come alive.

McCullough simply has to go.

I’ve said it before.

McCullough offers zero attacking threat. This means the inside defenders and markers can just push off hard from the inside, and it limits all our halves time and space.

We need a threat around the ruck or our halves strengths (running and taking the line on) are completely nullified.

Seibs would kill for a Damian Cook right now. Our young guys in the forwards are getting forward, finding their fronts and winning the play the ball, but there is nothing behind it. A change is needed badly or it’s going to be more of the same each week.

I’ve said it before.

McCullough offers zero attacking threat. This means the inside defenders and markers can just push off hard from the inside, and it limits all our halves time and space.

We need a threat around the ruck or our halves strengths (running and taking the line on) are completely nullified.

Seibs would kill for a Damian Cook right now. Our young guys in the forwards are getting forward, finding their fronts and winning the play the ball, but there is nothing behind it. A change is needed badly or it’s going to be more of the same each week.

Enter kodi nikorima.

And we finished equal 3rd last year. The only difference this year is the young guys are a year older and we have a beast in Haas and a great player in Bird available. Roster wise we are stronger than last year.
Experience wise we are weaker

This........people carrying on about Milford? Its this dumb **** we have at dummy half that ***** the team.

100% but how is it exactly we are going to get rid of him? Do we borrow a play out of the roosters handbook? Hes contracted for way to long and we will not win with him! It’s frustrating, you put any number of current hookers behind this forward pack LOOKOUT!

I agree we need a new number 9 but milf needs to be a lot better. If he puts a kick through and chases instead of dancing around in circles and throwing a stupid ass pass, we have them down there end .

I’m beginning to question if this just isn’t a good football team.

By that I mean; we all know they can play good football at times and look like world-beaters, but are they really a good team?

After the game Kodi, who can definitely hold his head high (but still isn’t a halfback), kept telling Lockyer that good teams don’t lose a game like that, by letting that last try in.

He is right and wrong.

Good teams don’t let tries like that in. But more importantly, good teams don’t lose that game because good teams aren’t in a position to. They make better decisions right throughout the game, don’t lose their way and don’t relinquish a lead.

8-0 up, looking in good touch and then somehow 16-8 down. Dropped balls, penalties, lapses in defence and totally lost their direction and composure.

We aren’t good if we get a slow start and need to chase points and we become complacent if we get off to a good start and implode more often than we’d like to admit.

This isn’t a 2019 thing either, it’s been going on for far too long.

Seriously, Seibold has walked into a buzzsaw here and I really hope he is as good as a lot of us (including me) thought, because he has a huge task ahead of him.

Michael Ennis’s analysis before the game was spot on he nailed it and that game couldn’t have shown that any better.

Nikorima to 14 gives you spark and a utility like seibs wants

Isaako is a great player his confidence isn’t there and he’s a confidence player

Milford is a 5/8 but he needs a halfback I know he wants to be dominant but it just isn’t in him. He is grossly out of form but we know what he can do

Would not be surprised if we make a play for someone like Merrin we need experience in the pack they are just too young

I am a Macca supporter but I am done with him, at least with him playing 80min

Boyd is so painful he is turning into maranta for me. Even sniffing around th ruck he gets an offload and he’s too scared to pass so he’s tackled a metre away because he offers nothing but a pass which he can’t even get right right now

I watched it mate. You can be a sunshiner all you like but you're on your lonesome if you think we're just a bit of polish away.
No he’s not. I also agree. I'm sure Bird and Fifita would as well. Dropping the ball over the try line has caused most of these negative spits in the wash up. A win would have done wonders for the confidence of both team and supporters with out doubt.

I’ve said it before.

Any chance of a hooker change soon? Staggs?

Absolutely fucking gutted.

But we were a mile better than we were last week. Two bombed tries and one taken away but that obstruction. That ending though. I haven't been reading the comments here yet but I assume Boyd is going to cop it for not getting there again. But if you watch closely, he's the one who (successfully) pressures the field goal attempt, then has the awareness to get back behind the line. Chee Kam should never have been able to get through those pathetic arm grabs, and when he did Boyd would have covered him had he not slipped. Whoever takes down MCK at the end there did so much better than they had any right to, even though it was futile, it was a great effort.

Last edited:
Absolutely gutted as to how we are going so far.......terrible to say the least. Hypothetically speaking, now that Thursday game days are over for us (well, almost for now), will our lads fancy playing Fri/Sat/Sun games and re-kick start our season? I hope so....

Our spine deadest needs a major overhaul though.

I'm really glad, we decided to sign this coach on a 5 year contract.

How silly was it of me, to cast any aspersions to the idea.

I will forever be shamed that I doubted his ability, and the boards decision to remove the most successful coach of all time, to appoint Anthony Spudbold.

Wow, you are relentless.
Explain how it is Seibolds fault we have 3 players sucking up 25% of our cap. 2 are on long term deals 1 was a fullback who Wayne tried to make into a 6 and point blank refused to change his mind.
The truth is WB hasn't built a successful roster under the modern salary cap.
He inherited the Dragons roster, fucked the knights roster and atm it seems he has fucked our roster for the near future.

At least have a look at his shortcomings.
Simple fact is we win that game last night if Bird catches the ball and Glenn runs the correct line. Milf also found kegs with a kick when we had a 2 on 1 with space but had decided ti kick before he got the ball.

Last edited:
It boggles the mind how a spine with roughly eight hundred games between them have the game management skills of a wet sock and the football IQ of a mentally deficient chihuahua. This is far from a new problem of course, but in the last couple of years it's been papered over with moments of individual brilliance and just enough wins to make it look like this team is a contender, before the true colors show when the pressure is on.

We'd have more wins than loses if we didn't drop so many balls and bomb so many tries, sure, but it wouldn't mean the same fundamental problems weren't there. For years this team has been rudderless inside the opposition twenty, and incapable of building any kind of sustained pressure. It's painful to watch. At this stage it's pretty clear a complete overhaul is necessary, but we just might not have the building blocks available right now.

Some of the hot takes in here about Siebold are laughable, to be honest. You can't judge him on five games. With this squad, you probably can't even judge him on a full season. And anyone who thinks Bennett was going to take this squad past the first couple of weeks of the finals this year is kidding themselves. It'd have just been more of the same. I still do think Siebold needs to start making some changes now, if only positional, to put the guys he has in the best positions to succeed, and to potentially start identifying those pieces he has that can build on and that can serve to improve the team in the longer run. That might be Niko at hooker. That might be Bird at fullback. That might be Boyd in the centres. But I'll be disappointed if he doesn't start making some changes soon. Take some small risks at least, at this stage it can't really hurt.

At least next week isn't another bloody Thursday night. Thank god for small mercies.

Even after a night's sleep I'm still having nightmares of Macca's pass to the ground when we were setting up(I use this phrase in the loosest of senses as we were a disorganised rabble by then) for a field goal.

Simple fact is we win that game last night if Bird catches the ball and Glenn runs the correct line. Milf also found kegs with a kick when we had a 2 on 1 with space but had decided ti kick before he got the ball.

Not to mention Fifita doing that awesome grubber and chase, he finishes that try 9 times out of 10. Also not mentioning the Oates try, which was a try, Reynolds "falling over" had zero impact on the defensive line or the outcome of the play.

There was probably 4 or 5 different things that happened last night that were about a <10% chance of happening, and they all happened, we just seem to be in one of those ruts where everything that can go wrong does go wrong. It better fucking end next week, I'm sick of it.

Last edited:

Active Now

• Fozz
  • marw
  • Rambstien
  • ivanhungryjak
  • matthewransom34@ic
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.