Support Play
/ Set Completion /
Penalties (Conceded)
Set Restarts
Errors

Player Stats

# T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT IT Pos DR K KM M E P
# T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT IT Pos DR K KM M E P

We didn't have any problems scoring points under Griffin.

We had problems holding teams out.
wayne might need to spend more time training and prepping the offense rather than swanning around town wining and dining with the new bird on his arm.
Gotta say if this is the joke that is supposedly in bad taste, I like it. Wouldn't worry about the precious responses.

Gotta say if this is the joke that is supposedly in bad taste, I like it. Wouldn't worry about the precious responses.

I have no issue with the taste of the joke. My issue is he called it slapstick, it's not slapstick, yet he is above admitting he was wrong.

Hmm I guess after seeing the same joke online 48 times it got less funny for me then.

Andrew McCullough’s running game can help Broncos bounce into form
DARREN LOCKYER, The Courier-MailMarch 31, 2017 6:25pm
Subscriber only
BRONCOS players should not be disheartened by their loss to the Bulldogs.
There’s no crisis at Red Hill. They don’t need to hit the panic button. But they must learn from the lessons in execution and what’s required in tight games to be a genuine force in this competition.
The only pressure the Broncos should be feeling at the moment is ladder pressure. Two wins from five games is not ideal but it’s not so dire as to derail a season. Internally, they need to hold their nerve. The good sign is the Broncos are in the grind until the 80th minute. There have been no soul-destroying floggings.
But winning tight games is an art, it’s culturally habitual, and it separates the good teams from ones that win a premiership. It is no surprise when you see the code’s best players prevail in clutch moments.
It is no fluke that Johnathan Thurston continually pulls games out of the fire for the Cowboys, as he did against the Broncos three weeks ago.
It is no fluke that Cameron Smith and Cooper Cronk choke sides into submission for the Storm. Experience goes along way when the game is on the line.
They execute the right plays at the right times and when their sides are under the pump, they back their systems, knowing patience is the key to combating moments of pressure.
It would be easy to point the finger of blame at Brisbane’s halves, Ben Hunt and Anthony Milford.
Milford won’t be pleased with a couple of defensive misses but on balance, his and Hunt’s kicking game was good enough to get the Broncos home in the conditions. They forced four dropouts.
What they need is greater diversity in their game plan. That’s where their hooker, Andrew McCullough, comes into the equation.
For so long the mantra has been that teams need a great halfback to a win a competition. I would argue teams now need more. They need a harmonious, potent playmaking spine. Without a fullback, halfback, hooker and five-eighth working in concert, winning the title is near impossible.

Brisbane look a sharper outfit when McCullough shows faith in a facet of his play we don’t see enough of — his running game.
Against Canberra the previous week, ‘Macca’ turned the game when he ran the ball and dummied through to score a solo try.
In wet conditions against the Bulldogs, the Broncos would have benefited from some enterprise around the rucks.
Having played with Andrew, I know there is untapped potential in his offensive arsenal. He is such a selfless team player, bereft of ego, that he often doesn’t want to overplay his hand.
But an NRL portfolio that includes 201 first-grade games has given McCullough the respect of his peers to put his stamp on the team.
He would have helped his forwards and halves on Thursday night by jumping out of dummy half and backing himself to expose Canterbury’s big men on a slippery surface.
McCullough has reached the stage in his career where, like Cam Smith, he has the experience to dictate the flow of a game out of dummy half.
This week, McCullough takes on Roosters rival Jake Friend. Two men with eyes on Smith’s Queensland Origin jumper. The stage is set.

Active Now

• Big Del
  • Bucking Beads
  • Jedhead
  • Financeguy
  • Xzei
  • Santa
  • Hurrijo
  • Culhwch
  • Foordy
  • Socnorb
  • Lurker
  • mrslong
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.