Player Stats

# T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT IT Pos DR K KM M E P
# T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT IT Pos DR K KM M E P

rnabokov

rnabokov

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
Oh, I thought our try was very clever, and well executed but I don't think 1 good idea every game is quite enough.

Yet again, ad nauseam, what has happened to our 2015 game plan? I just can't get my head around that.

Jason Simmons

Jason Simmons

NRL Captain
Apr 18, 2013
The game was decided by the roll of the dice. Canterbury to their credit seized their opportunity, Brisbane were made to pay for some soft defensive efforts and the rain ensured that's all she wrote.

Replied in the live thread but no it wasn't. We had plenty of possession and field position and couldn't do anything with it. We have replaced tries with restarts, except and despite the 5 or so we managed tonight, we couldn't get a single try from any of them.

Whatever this highly touted 'new attacking structure' is, it has completely derailed us as an attacking unit, because apparently it doesn't include ball-runners, kick chase, set plays, attacking plays through the middle of the ruck or to the left of field or to the right...

We have no clue what to do when a bomb goes up. We have no clue what to do when someone passes left or right, no doubt because everyone in the team is expecting nothing more than a one out hitup. We are standing flat in attack and our halves aren't throwing flat passes and on the rare occasion anyone other than the first receiver actually gets the ball, they are doing so flat footed for the most part, because apparently bodies in motion isn't a part of our 'new attacking structure' either...

I bleed Maroon

I bleed Maroon

International Rep
Apr 17, 2013
Oh, I thought our try was very clever, and well executed but I don't think 1 good idea every game is quite enough.

Yet again, ad nauseam, what has happened to our 2015 game plan? I just can't get my head around that.

Walters.

ningnangnong

ningnangnong

HACK THE PLANET!!!
Forum Staff
Mar 5, 2008
Very disappointing to lose, but I'm not too worried just yet.

I'd keep the same team next week.

J

Julz

Mar 30, 2017
Broncos can't close out these games. Genuine killer instinct when game is on the line. They lack a destructive ball running forward who can make the big charge. It's probably Corey Oates in middle of the ruck but he's such a terrific winger also so need a good replacement. I think they also kick too early as a strategy. Broncos don't win field position as forwards rarely win yardage. So why kick early when the other team will make 50m. Glad it's round 5

CaptainHook

CaptainHook

NRL Player
Jun 17, 2013

Was a good try. Shades of Ikin kicking for Mattie Rogers in that Origin game that one time...

think we lost that night as well.

Wolfie

Wolfie

International Captain
Jan 14, 2015
Maybe you should actually open your eyes when watching the game ...

FTR, Oates actually made more meters tonight than any other Bronco (159m) and that is without getting any quality ball from Milford

Or Moga. His passing is horrendous at times

Mitch06

Mitch06

NRL Player
Jan 23, 2014
Every teams attack left hand side of Broncos. The problem with Broncos is they can't attack and left hand side defence is all over the place. something need to change.
That doesn't make sense. Every team attacks left more often in general. That makes our defensive side the right side. Which is partly why Hunt made twice as many tackles as Milford tonight...think it was like 33 to Milfords 16.

BroncsNBundy

BroncsNBundy

NYC Player
Contributor
Jul 29, 2013
Im with you Pete. So many doomsayers in this forum. I have belief in this team no matter what. I don't care if our under 20s run out for the main game. I still have the belief we can and will win. As for Oatesy being shit .... I say go defog your glasses. He was awesome. Yeah he dropped a ball. Its pissing down rain ffs. You go try it. Been there done that.( and yes I played on the wing) Its fuckn hard. Im more dissapointed with Jordys field goal blooper. I must admit I didnt know that rule and I have played/ watched footy for nearly 40yrs. Im devoed as a Broncs fan but I did se improvement in Milf and a great effort from the team. Once again just execution let us down. It will come with time. HAVE FAITH

Cult

Cult

International Rep
Contributor
Oct 17, 2013
By the time stubborn old Bennett makes any changes the season will be gone. But he's the don of Brisbane so no one will dare challenge him
You're in the wrong thread bud. You are looking for the Wayne Bennett thread from 3 years ago.

Wolfie

Wolfie

International Captain
Jan 14, 2015
the front row is the biggest concern, blair and sims just dont get the yards in the middle. ese'ese and pangai are getting more yards than these pair and they play less minutes.
where has all the moga love gone???

Moga is slowly getting worse. Its not that he is really poor, he just doesnt do a great deal. His attack is non existent. He probably needs a break, but outside M. Pangai at the moment we dont have many options.

Super Freak

Super Freak

International Captain
Forum Staff
Jan 25, 2014
Moga is slowly getting worse. Its not that he is really poor, he just doesnt do a great deal. His attack is non existent. He probably needs a break, but outside M. Pangai at the moment we dont have many options.

Honestly I'm starting to lean towards just putting Kahu there for his attack.

His defence is a worry but Moga hasn't been much better..

P

Pushkin

QCup Player
May 27, 2016
How many centre and back row Broncos gone change their left side. The only problem I see is Milford.

Organix

Organix

State of Origin Rep
Contributor
Sep 19, 2012
Honestly I'm starting to lean towards just putting Kahu there for his attack.

His defence is a worry but Moga hasn't been much better..
Yeah would probably fit in a lot better and bring some speed to that wing too

winslow_wong

winslow_wong

International Captain
May 27, 2013
Broncos are favourites next week. Wtf? Get your bets in early for an upset

Active Now

• Broncorob
  • mitch222
  • Swordfish
  • MrMoore
  • winslow_wong
  • GCBRONCO
  • dasherhalo
  • Dash
  • Brocko
  • BooKhaki
  • Lostboy
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.