POST GAME Round 5 - Bulldogs vs Broncos

Oates has been costing us a lot when it comes to attacking plays, he had his chances tonight and didn't stand up.

Maybe you should actually open your eyes when watching the game ...

FTR, Oates actually made more meters tonight than any other Bronco (159m) and that is without getting any quality ball from Milford

I'll come back tomorrow when I clear my head after this fucking horrible loss

Milford in the first half was kicking to himself or to nobody when we had numbers to the right. He kicked for himself when nothing was on a few times and he tried to push Thaiday away from the ball when we scored that try.

The game was decided by the roll of the dice. Canterbury to their credit seized their opportunity, Brisbane were made to pay for some soft defensive efforts and the rain ensured that's all she wrote.

I don't believe that.

Blame it on the weather all you want but we've been making errors like that since round 1 and even in the back half of 2016. We have appalling discipline with our ball control at crucial moments of a game. It's actually getting worse.

Our attack is non-existent which is also a factor. But anyway, we just fell short, again, so I guess that's enough to convince some of us that we're not far off.

It's honestly starting to remind me of the Griffin days.

That was a very disappointing result we should've gone on with it but we didn't. Just looking at the player stats and besides McGuire none of our forwards made over 100 meters when all of Canterbury's bar Licha made well over 100, Klemmer made 295 meters from 23 carries for godness sake. Graham and Tolman made 35 all up. In comparison Sims and Blair made 14, Sims with 60 meters and Blair with 91. You can't afford to lose a forward battle with the Bulldogs.

We lost it up front and let Cantebury back into the game.

On a positive note I thought the completion rate was a positive, in conditions like that to finish with an 81% rate is impressive. Liked Kahu's kicking and Gillett's defence, I also thought Boyd's clean up work at the back was first class.

This is where we lost it. Our pack got dominated. Game over in the wet.

the front row is the biggest concern, blair and sims just dont get the yards in the middle. ese'ese and pangai are getting more yards than these pair and they play less minutes.
where has all the moga love gone???

Milford in the first half was kicking to himself or to nobody when we had numbers to the right. He kicked for himself when nothing was on a few times and he tried to push Thaiday away from the ball when we scored that try.
Your'e up the sput

Maybe you should actually open your eyes when watching the game ...

FTR, Oates actually made more meters tonight than any other Bronco (159m) and that is without getting any quality ball from Milford

He took that highball really well too.
Also when they made that break down the sideline Moga drew the players over to Oates then threw it forwards to him with nowhere to go.

I disagree, the game was played in Brisbane's half and when they were able to create opportunities it took some big plays from Canterbury to snuff them out.

How many drop outs did they have? 5? We had plenty of field position and have done so all season. We couldn't do a thing withh it and the only try we did manage was from a lucky kick in our own half. In fact right now, I'm struggling to think of a try we have scored that hasn't come from a kick this year...

We have a terrible attacking structure, no apparent set plays, our ball runners don't support our halves, we put up bombs and the entire team seems completely unaware we are going to do so and we don't chase kicks in general.

Pray and hope for a piece of individual brilliance is our entire attacking plan at present.

He is good defensively but I'm not really seeing it. Opacic would be straight back in as soon as he is fit if I were coach. Moga has Super League written all over him

Drop MILF give Benji a run, nothing to lose.
Milford is a passenger, He is a liability in defence and it's almost like he thinks he is in the team just waiting for the 5th to kick.
Our attack is non existent. Been making excuses......Playing the top teams from last year............Blah Blah Blah.
We got out of jail last week and the bloody dogs beat us this week........the dogs FFS.
Momentum was lost with Kahu's brain fade some say...........We scored 1 try and that was lucky.
The ref had a bad call with Kasiarno..........so bloody what, the game was well and truly lost by then.
We can tackle till the cows come home......Whooptybloodydoo........we can't attack!
Tonight was just plain embarrassing.

I'll come back tomorrow when I clear my head after this fucking horrible loss
You will have a bit of trouble clearing your head, not only from the loss but the bullshit you come up with

the front row is the biggest concern, blair and sims just dont get the yards in the middle. ese'ese and pangai are getting more yards than these pair and they play less minutes.

Hey mate are there any other centre options coming through? Who would you go with?

Even griffin has coached Penrith to have some decent attack. We have the players but who's getting them ready for the games? Players aren't smart they need to be trained well and have a gameplan to follow

Active Now

• jarro65
  • Culhwch
  • Jedhead
  • marw
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.