POST GAME Round 5 - Bulldogs vs Broncos

The game was decided by the roll of the dice. Canterbury to their credit seized their opportunity, Brisbane were made to pay for some soft defensive efforts and the rain ensured that's all she wrote.

That was a very disappointing result we should've gone on with it but we didn't. Just looking at the player stats and besides McGuire none of our forwards made over 100 meters when all of Canterbury's bar Licha made well over 100, Klemmer made 295 meters from 23 carries for godness sake. Graham and Tolman made 35 all up. In comparison Sims and Blair made 14, Sims with 60 meters and Blair with 91. You can't afford to lose a forward battle with the Bulldogs.

We lost it up front and let Cantebury back into the game.

On a positive note I thought the completion rate was a positive, in conditions like that to finish with an 81% rate is impressive. Liked Kahu's kicking and Gillett's defence, I also thought Boyd's clean up work at the back was first class.

Sign me up to the "we need new halves ours are rubbish" club.

Not even Cooper Cronk could have saved us tonight.

There was one thing that was abundantly clear in the Bulldogs tries and that no try to Reynolds, we just didn't have the hunger.

Can't they just do wraps in attack at least

No surprise we turn in our worst performance v the weakest opponents we've faced.

We'll win next week

Called it in the pre-game thread.

A team with an under the pump coach that is struggling against the Brisbane Broncos. Please. Was never in doubt.

I try not to be reactionary, and I always try to stand up for Hunt and Milf but tonight, outside of a couple good short kick, Milford was truly terrible.

Hunt wasn't much better but at least he was trying defence.

If Milford's decline continues we could be in a lot more trouble next year than I first thought.

Tonight is the most frustrated I've been with a player since Hoffman was our 6.

Not even Cooper Cronk could have saved us tonight.

There was one thing that was abundantly clear in the Bulldogs tries and that no try to Reynolds, we just didn't have the hunger.

Glenn needs to be sacked for his effort with that. He's bloody lucky there was a knock on.

It's like as if our team likes to throw games away. $$$$$

That didn't lose it for us. Our inability to create points is what is killing us. Even Canterbury of all teams could find 2 tries...

I disagree, the game was played in Brisbane's half and when they were able to create opportunities it took some big plays from Canterbury to snuff them out.

I was also proven right before the game that this was going to be a danger game for us. Canterbury in the wet and they love to dig in and will be out with something to prove.

Unfortunately I was right.

Reporting this for posting absolute fucking lies.
I literally thought he was alright
Kicking was good, had a few good touches and one line break of sorts and a try assist

I personally don't think Milford was that bad with the ball in hand, I think he showed some good signs, but his defence was definitely very poor.

I think we might need to change up our prop rotation a bit. Sims and Blair were pretty disappointing as soon as they came back on we lost momentum. I think one of the starting props needs to be dropped to the bench with Ese'ese coming into the starting side and having two stints a game.

Active Now

• Dreaglor
  • MrTickyMcG
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.