Set Restarts
Errors

Player Stats

# T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT IT Pos DR K KM M E P
# T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT IT Pos DR K KM M E P

J

Julz

Mar 30, 2017
As for Oatesy being shit .... I say go defog your glasses.

Who said this? Oates was our best tonight. I think he needs to be in the forwards though to give us better grunt and speed in middle of ruck

Jason Simmons

Jason Simmons

NRL Captain
Apr 18, 2013
We lack depth in attack. It's painful to watch. We need the halves to pull back a bit and play with depth.

And yet we don't have ball runners like Gillett and Thaiday running onto flat passes in attacking positions. WTF? Why play flat if we aren't even going to do things like that? All this stuff just makes no sense whatsover.

jd87

jd87

NRL Captain
Apr 4, 2014
kinda sick of all these excuses of it was wet. our attack will come in time. but honestly i have seen absolutely zero improvement in 5 games. like not even 1 bit. we even looked kinda better at start of year when boyd was at least doing set plays setting kahu up.

but since then most of times its just been individual brilliance or sheer luck that we score we look so lost in attack.

how long do u give it till u say i think we need to try something different. because i cant see any combinations gelling atm.

only thing im proud of is our general attitude in defense besides a few vital missed tackles we still are trying our guts out

but **** me this new assistant coach in charge of our attack has a hell of a lot to answer for if u ask me

Smokin' Joe

Smokin' Joe

QCup Player
Dec 11, 2013
And yet we don't have ball runners like Gillett and Thaiday running onto flat passes in attacking positions. WTF? Why play flat if we aren't even going to do things like that? All this stuff just makes no sense whatsover.

That's what is most frustrating. We play flat, but have no runners. They need to pull back and set the depth for the outside runners.

I'm saying that, it's hard to play off the back foot. Our forwards were utterly dominated tonight.

jd87

jd87

NRL Captain
Apr 4, 2014
it amazes me that we have escaped all the news headlines that bulldogs have copped the last week of "worst attack in nrl" ..etc etc.. when honestly i dont think any one can say with a straight face that we are any better. maybe we need that negative press to put a rocket up the coaches to do somthing about it

Jason Simmons

Jason Simmons

NRL Captain
Apr 18, 2013
That's what is most frustrating. We play flat, but have no runners. They need to pull back and set the depth for the outside runners.

I'm saying that, it's hard to play off the back foot. Our forwards were utterly dominated tonight.

Yeah but it's been every week this year... We had plenty of field position tonight and couldn't do anything with it.

winslow_wong

winslow_wong

International Captain
May 27, 2013
Surely that is something that the coaches are telling them?

That's the problem. We don't have coaches. Only a fossil mentor and some random salesman who sold himself as an attacking guru.

Big Pete

Big Pete

International Captain
Mar 12, 2008
Obviously the Broncos weren't good enough on the night and there were some areas of their game that let them down but the entire game swung on those drop outs. Instead of pressing their line and taking Canterbury out of the game, they get a penalty, a six again and take advantage of one bad defensive lapse. In a game that's all about confidence, all their world class forwards put together one set where they were able to conjure another break and that was essentially game.

I'm not about to put a red line through the Broncos this season or their ability to score points. I feel like a lot of the frustration is merely a boil over from the past couple of weeks, the conditions tonight were never going to be conducive for free flowing attacking football.

jd87

jd87

NRL Captain
Apr 4, 2014
i honestly do not blame any player one bit this is purely a coaching issue with us to be honest. all guys are trying there guts out u can see that im proud of them for that. but the coaches weather its bennett or this new fellow need to stand up and take responsibility and at least show some improvement with out attacking structure.

u cant win premierships off sheer brilliance or amazing defense alone. you also need some structure in attack. i have yet to see that from us wich is so very frustrating.

u cant deny we looked amazing when walters was in charge of our attack. i dont know if that is coincidence or what. but i dont get why we have gone backward since 2015 when our roster has kinda improved.

Battler

Battler

State of Origin Rep
Dec 4, 2013
Our pack has been immense to start the season imo. Roberts is average (if he didn't have speed he'd be shit), and Moga really plays like another edge back rower: it's like having a slightly faster Glenn in the centres.

For Milford to work we need a controlling half who can play to Bennett's game plan and control the game, otherwise he's going to look shit house trying to do everything himself. Hunt has been utterly dreadful to start the season, as in I'd be tempted to punt him for a few weeks for Marshall or Niko. He hardly touched the fucking ball at all this game, and it seems like he's been given the hook for attacking kicks.

EDIT: On the topic of Glenn, if we re-sign him I am going to flip. Payne Haas (I know he can't play this season, but surely he'd be pushing for a spot next year) and Su'A are two names that come to mind as having a WAY higher ceiling.

Last edited:
winslow_wong

winslow_wong

International Captain
May 27, 2013
I still can believe we got stooged twice by absolutely garbage short drop out attempts by the bulldogs. This is not our year.

jd87

jd87

NRL Captain
Apr 4, 2014
while i agree we have had some shocking luck. you gotta admit we are our own worst enemy most of time. i think in pretty much every game so far this year we have had the chance to win it from within the oppossition 20. but for some reason we just panic and cant get over the line or score that 1 pointer

Alec

Alec

International Rep
Mar 4, 2008
So does anyone else feel Kahu's running game is abysmal?

Unread

Active Now

• Manofoneway
  • Robboi_321
  • The Boss
  • theshed
  • Dee
  • ChewThePhatt
  • EdwardyoNuh
  • Bucking Beads
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.