/ Set Completion /
Penalties (Conceded)
Set Restarts
Errors

Player Stats

# T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT IT Pos DR K KM M E P
# T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT IT Pos DR K KM M E P

Didn't he?

I wasn't listening to the commentary so he may have just mistimed his kick but kicking short from a drop out is usually deliberate. I thought he was trying to get the ball back.

Do you think he intended to kick the ball 5m to bait a Broncos player into playing it?

Do you think he intended to put some backspin on an 8m drop-out and hope it would take a wicked bounce at the last second?

Abbey is a quality talent, but there was a lot of luck involved with those plays. Credit to him for being bold, but they weren't skillful pieces of play.

So the press conference is up and Bennett has just thrown Kahu under the bus...

'He has played enough football, he should know the rules...'

That will do me. So the complete lack of an identifiable gameplan or the slightest clue of what to do in attack is I suppose Kahu's fault too, is it Wayne?

You and Wayne are both right.

Kahu should know the rules.

Bennett needs to work on our attack and gameplan.

That will do me. So the complete lack of an identifiable gameplan or the slightest clue of what to do in attack is I suppose Kahu's fault too, is it Wayne?
Haha

Reporter "Wayne, what did you think about Kahus error off the drop out".
Bennett "Well it was probably the complete lack of an identifiable gameplan or the slightest clue of what to do in attack that completely turned the game around".

Do you think he intended to kick the ball 5m to bait a Broncos player into playing it?

Do you think he intended to put some backspin on an 8m drop-out and hope it would take a wicked bounce at the last second?

Abbey is a quality talent, but there was a lot of luck involved with those plays. Credit to him for being bold, but they weren't skillful pieces of play.

No but he was kicking short to get the ball back. He did that multiple times so he must've been somewhat confident of a result, no?

and it's funny how fortunate favours the bold. Honestly, I wouldn't put luck in the top 5 reasons of why we lost tonight.

You and Wayne are both right.

Kahu should know the rules.

Bennett needs to work on our attack and gameplan.

Kahu should, but that did not cost us the game. We scored one try from a lucky kick for FFS. We are the goddamn Brisbane Broncos. Famed for our attacking prowess from years gone by. Where the fark is it, Wayne?

It's look like griffin era again. I blame this loose to Broncos game plan. No body want to take responsibility in the ground. Look how other team centre or winger came look for ball. How many time Broncos backrow score tire this year. Everyone talking about it's only round 5. The problem is how many game Broncos gone win during origin time.

Here's my 2¢

Boyd. Safe as always, got caught out of position a couple of times luckily it never cost us tonight. (Safe)

Oates. Although he was 2nd only to Moose in ARM, he's playing more like a SRer than a Wing. Why not Bench him at 14 in place of Glenn (seeing as Glenn gets no love) and Put Mead or someone else on the wing? This way we get Oates into SR where he wants to play and drop Glenn.(Bleed)

Roberts. He's come around a lot IMO. His defence has improved, his desire to look for the ball and put in the work is definitely there but his speed is going to waste the way we're playing him. Why not have him running back in on an angle with Gillett running a block, or try some outside inside ball with him Hunt and Boyd. He seems to get the ball, outrun Kahu and ends up isolated with noone running off him.(Cramps)

Moga. Was a fan in preseason but I'm slowly losing faith in him. He's big, he's strong and he has a bit of pace, but he doesn't really combine it all that well. Also I'm definitely not a fan of his defence. Bring back Oppacheck, he needs to recover faster.(Next)

Kahu. Great under the highball, looks like our go to man in golden time. Goal kicking is great. Strong runner but lacks speed on the wing.(Safe)

Milf. Copping a bit of criticism because of his lackluster start to the season but deserves every ounce of it. Tonight he pulled out another mixed bag in performance more bad than good. Someone needs to pull him inline. It's almost like the big wigs at Redhill don't want to come down hard on him in fears he'll leave so he's able to play under par week in and week out. As a fan that's unacceptable. We deserve to see the best team run out on the field based on performance to get us the win, not because it looks good on paper.(Wake-up call)

Hunt. Has definitely improved on last year's performance, if you don't agree you're in denial. His kicking game is alot better, he's running the ball a lot more and his defence is right back up where it was in 2015. He's definitely outplaying Milf but getting no recognition for it.(Improving)

Sims. Great in defence however he does get sloppy every now and then. Not enough RM for a prop. If Sims and Blair made as much RM as Moose we'd achieve so much more in each game. Tolman, Graham and Klemmer raked up a whopping total of 626m (with Klemmer running a staggering 295m) compared to our 335m. That is essentially how the Dogs won the game, all of that go forward enabled their halves to attack with more fluidity.(Run It)

McCullough. He gets the basics right. Excellent defence, no forward passes and he takes the line on every now and then. No real threat as far as attack goes like your Cam Smith's, Granville, Hodgson, Farah and Wallace to name a few. (Reliable)

Blair. One minute he's in it the next he's not. I think he plays too hard too soon and then gasses, but then he's away again. He's very on and off. Needs a bit more consistency in his energy levels. Instead of gradually fading out over the 80 he's up and down like a yo-yo, and I'm not sure if it's a good thing or a bad thing.(Cut your hair)

Thaiday. Does his Job, tries to pick the team up with his bulldozing runs, Great in defence and outran Milford lol.(Safe)

Gillett. Probably our strongest defender as far as dominant defence goes. Can't really say much about Gillo I think his tackling does all the talking for him. (What more could you ask for in an SR) some would say better line running.(Safe)

McGuire. Settling into LK nicely. Leading RM. Good in defence. Really improved his discipline if anything.(Safe)

Glenn. Not much impact off the bench in comparison to 15, 16 and 17. Pretty sure Gillo and Sammy had 80m games, if so where did Glenn play?(14 up for grabs???)

Pangai. Excellent off the bench could very well push either Blair or Sims out of starting PR. Runs hard, tackles hard.(Pushing)

Ese'ese. Great impact off the bench, always has some solid hit ups.(Consistent)

Arrow. Solid all rounder. (Safe)

Last edited:
We didn't have any problems scoring points under Griffin.

We had problems holding teams out.
Storm, raiders and bulldog Broncos were leading the game. Now Broncos can't score and can't hold team out.

I didn't think we deserved to lose. I thought our contact in defence was strong, plenty of one on one tackles. We just didn't get the opportunities and couldn't find our attack in the conditions.

Milford once again disappointed with poor and stupid decisions in defence. Needs to learn off Hunt to hit the legs because it's sure as hell not the first time it's happened.

The ref who called that high shot at the end of the game needs to lose his job. There was nothing even remotely close and the commentators didn't even give a ****. Filthy at the game for being so mediocre and ducked.

The NRL are too gutless to sack Chechin, the media would have a field day.

No but he was kicking short to get the ball back. He did that multiple times so he must've been somewhat confident of a result, no?

and it's funny how fortunate favours the bold. Honestly, I wouldn't put luck in the top 5 reasons of why we lost tonight.

You're confusing confidence with desperation.

He got extremely lucky on both counts at a crucial stage in the game. In those close games, that's all it can take.

We've scored 78 points so far this season.

It's our worst start to a season points wise since 1999 where we only scored 66.

Storm, raiders and bulldog Broncos were leading the game. Now Broncos can't score and can't hold team out.

We are only conceding 2 tries per game. There is nothing wrong with our defence.

The problem is we are also only scoring 2, and our attacking is getting worse...

We are only conceding 2 tries per game. There is nothing wrong with our defence.

The problem is we are also only scoring 2, and our attacking is getting worse...
The concern is how quick last two game the opposition first and second tries. I still think there is lack of leadership in playing group.

Active Now

• Fozz
  • Old Mate
  • Bucking Beads
  • Porthoz
  • Culhwch
  • Lozza
  • Dash
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.