Round 5 Discussion

It’s not a tin foil hat anymore - I hear the WWE are getting storyline tips from the NRL!![emoji1787][emoji1787]
If a major sponsor wasn't a betting agency I wouldn't be as suspicious, but you can even bet on the WWE so what the **** do I know?

Great kick from Wighton to get Canberra out of trouble and the chase was fantastic as well. Lawrence runs into a brick wall, spills the ball and Canberra have a chance to take the lead just before half-time.

The Raiders look flat and boring against an organised and committed Tigers. Wighton is seriously good

I can’t believe Melbourne have another gun hooker farrrk off! Throw the sink at him, this kids unreal.

Ok, I've got a new pet peeve when it comes to commentators, it's Dan Ginnane's lack of game awareness.

3 times in the last 24 hours he's given me the shits with his reaction to team's decisions in regards to taking the 2 or tapping and running.

Just then, the Tigers get a penalty, down by 8 with a player in the sin bin, the option is 100% of the time to take the 2, wind the clock down and get it back to a 6 point lead.

Ginnane is absolutely perplexed by this call, "wow, Mbye is down on one knee, they're taking the 2".

He did the exact same thing yesterday except the opposite, there was zero reason to take the 2 and they tap and run, he's like "Well well well they've opted not to take the 2"

NO SHIT DAN, CLUE UP.

/end rant

What's the kneeling after matches for? I think I saw it last night as well but the commentators didn't say anything about it.

That was a better second half from the Raiders. They went back to what worked for them and just made life difficult for the Tigers. From what I saw in the first half, it seemed like they missed having a Horsburgh or a Bateman who can just bring others into the play. When they just started doing the nitty gritty and the halves began taking on the line themselves that's when it paid dividends.

I thought Wests showed some good signs, but just let themselves down in the big moments. A couple of forced offloads failed to find the mark and a bit of ill-discipline really hurt their side. I don't know how the conversation between Michael Maguire and Russell Packer would be going, but I can't imagine it'd be good. 8 points off the back of his ill-discipline and he didn't really make a difference out there for his side.

Just like their effort against the Warriors in Round 2, the Raiders were far from their best but they came from behind to take the win. The next two weeks will be really telling when they take on the Sea Eagles and the Eels.

Ok, I've got a new pet peeve when it comes to commentators, it's Dan Ginnane's lack of game awareness.

3 times in the last 24 hours he's given me the shits with his reaction to team's decisions in regards to taking the 2 or tapping and running.

Just then, the Tigers get a penalty, down by 8 with a player in the sin bin, the option is 100% of the time to take the 2, wind the clock down and get it back to a 6 point lead.

Ginnane is absolutely perplexed by this call, "wow, Mbye is down on one knee, they're taking the 2".

He did the exact same thing yesterday except the opposite, there was zero reason to take the 2 and they tap and run, he's like "Well well well they've opted not to take the 2"

NO SHIT DAN, CLUE UP.

/end rant

'GOODBYE!'

I enjoyed Ginnane on radio and on Dead Set Legends, but he's pretty grating on TV.

I think it's symptomatic of radio callers that they just keep rambling and end up saying dumb shit, but I also feel that yeah he likes footy but doesn't know the game

I bleed maroon your multi was a miserable failure not a single one of them was right.

Last edited:
Game postponed this arvo apparently.

Dogs vs Roosters postponed until tomorrow. One of the doggies kids attends a school that has a positive case.

Going by Wideload on the today show.

Last edited:
What time tommorow then dont tell me 4. i got work till 8 hopefully 7:50 or so.

Active Now

• john1420
  • Sproj
  • sooticus
  • Fozz
  • Broncosgirl
  • Morkel
  • Big Del
  • Mister Wright
  • Bucking Beads
  • Lurker
  • The Strapper
  • Financeguy
  • Xzei
  • Bish
  • Tim K
  • Swordfish
  • Brocko
  • broncotville
... and 5 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.